No Bloom, Yes. Now minus Armor lock and I am all yours 343 ;)

Mills3y

No Bloom, YES! Now minus AL and I'm all yours.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Armor Lock Go?

i think armor lock is fine the way 343 has it now. when the player takes damage in armor lock, the duration of the lock goes down dramaticly.

I think you're totally right. Like, this guy stuck me with a plasma and i went all armor lock on him. But the update prevented it and i ended up dying. It taught me something really.

I can give one good solid reason why all of the things in reach are good ideas....because Bungie said so. From the very start they made it very clear to everyone, that Reach was going to be a game THEY WANTED TO DO ALL THE THINGS THEY EVER WANTED TO ADD IN A HALO GAME! I'm sorry, but everyone had plenty of time to read up and learn the game. It's been over a year now, and still you expect someone else to fix up some things you knew from the start you didn't like or thought were bad? Do you same people go back to a car dealer a year later and demand they update your ride because you don't like certain things about the manufactured vehicle, like how long the gas peddle is? Or how hard the seats are? Simple answer to that is no. You deal with it.

You do your research about it before you get to the lot and purchase it. Same principles apply to Reach. Do you ever really go to a game store and just pick a game up based on the cover art, then cry about how poor the game is after you play it? That's just crazy. You all read things, you all played the beta. Get over it and sit down.

So everything that Bungie makes is perfect, and we shouldn't have opinions about things that can be changed like software?

Cars are completely different - that would be more like saying my xbox doesn't do the things I want! Change it!

Would Ford be mad if you asked them to change things in a new model because you thought it would be better? Would they reject it because they didn't think of it? Or would they consider it and if it is a good idea implement it? Why shouldn't 343 also listen to opinions on the game they are in control of instead of saying no its perfect and we won't listen to anything different?

(Not that 343 is doing this, rather you are by saying adapt to this because its new and perfect and if you don't like it leave.)

No, you are taking this the wrong way completely. What I was trying to say is, that you had a choice before you decided to play the game. You were well aware of what to expect in terms of game play and physics. Coming in here almost a year, or now a year later and complaining about things you don't like is a bit childish. If you really had a problem with these things before, why did everyone wait till now to speak up about in the masses like they are doing now? I am in no way calling Reach perfect. Every game has it's flaws and I can personally point out tons of flaws in the code and game assets.

All I am trying to do is state a fact, the game was created to encapsulate everything Bungie ever wanted to throw into a Halo game. They didn't make it for us, it was more for them. Is that a bit selfish...yes. But I hardly expect someone else to come in a clean up a mess that someone else made.

On a side note, everyone wants to keep barking at 343 to fix Reach. Do you realize what happens when 343 gets enough of these hate and fix it mails from the community? Eventually MS comes down and tells 343 to fix what is requested due to popular demand to keep the bucks flowing in. At that point, this takes away development resources from future titles.

And on another side note, Reach or the game in general is not just another piece of software that can be fixed. You should research the particular version of the engine used in Reach as well as the MegaloScript handling before you label it as simple software that can be fixed. The reticule bloom fix alone requires an additional script of commands to change 7 float point values of a weapon just to achieve it. Allowing people to adjust it manually in-game for customs is out of the scope of MegaloScript. Most of the fixes this community has demanded would require core engine fixes. Do you really want to go and buy a new 1.5 game disc for another $59.99?

• Like 2