Jaw-dropping moment

EliteSniper

Halo is filled with moments like these, and I'd like to know what is your favorite jaw-dropping moment in the history of Halo. Post what and why (if there is an explanation lol) it has amazed you so much, or even if it is kinda nostalgic :)

Mine would be on Halo 4, when you first step out of the Dawn's crash site and look at this amazing landscape. It was the most beautiful combination of sight and sound in any Halo game in my opinion, and I would like to see more awe-inspiring environments / moments in Halo 5 and 6.

post-25825-0-25985500-1356793900.jpg

• Like 1

I have several. One of them is on Halo: ODST on the last level driving along the highway and having cruisers, scarabs and banshees flying above you!

On Halo 3 where you fight the Flood after you disable an AA battery.

These are only a few and there are many...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The greatest thing I ever saw in Halo had to be the first time I looked up and saw the ring in Halo CE. I had no idea what the game was about, and I was in a multiplayer match with my cousin on his Xbox. I'd never even used an analog controller so naturally I was running around staring up into the sky for a few minutes while I got the hang of it, and I saw that there was this huge structure rising from the horizon. When I saw that it extended all the way across the sky I almost **** myself because I'd never seen anything that cool, and to be honest it's the coolest thing I've seen anywhere since in terms of scenery or a setting (the only thing that came close was the Grid in Tron: Legacy [sure the acting sucked, but that movie was the most visually-entrancing thing ever if you saw it in theaters when you were stoned, which I did three times, and no shame]). ******* mind blowing. It'll probably never be matched.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One really jaw-dropping moment for me when I reading Fall of Reach's epilogue, when Cortana describes the Halo for Keyes( I had no idea what Halo was about, I just bought the book 'cause it looked interesting). My favourite quote from Keyes is still: "If it's artificial, then who the hell built it...and what in God's name is it?"

After that I've had more moments like that, like in Halo 3 when the portal opens and in Halo CE when the Flood infection forms rush in and of course looking up at the sky and the ring for the first time. In Halo 4 the firing of the composer was great.

• 2 weeks later...