Put in a MLG playlist already.

MLG Playlist

The video game population just didn't decide to throw their PS3's and 360's out the window.

Obviously they are playing something else. These people bought Halo 4 and said one of 3 things:

1. Oh, I see what they did to Halo. They turned it into CoD. Well If I am going to play CoD I might as well do it right. *puts in CoD:BO 2*

2. Oh, there are no visible true skill system or MLG playlist? Maybe next time Halo...

3. Man I really love Halo, I hope this is as awesome as three was... Wait, why are there instant spawns? What? Where did that guy pull that Saw from, his ***? What is with this pocket shotgun and why is everyone running around with them? This is nothing like Halo. *waits for next Halo*

There are probably a few scenarios I missed, but you get the big picture. These millions of people that bought the game obviously they planned to play it. They just got bamboozled when they realized the game they were playing was pretty terrible in comparison they could be playing.

• Like 2

The video game population just didn't decide to throw their PS3's and 360's out the window.

Obviously they are playing something else. These people bought Halo 4 and said one of 3 things:

1. Oh, I see what they did to Halo. They turned it into CoD. Well If I am going to play CoD I might as well do it right. *puts in CoD:BO 2*

2. Oh, there are no visible true skill system or MLG playlist? Maybe next time Halo...

3. Man I really love Halo, I hope this is as awesome as three was... Wait, why are there instant spawns? What? Where did that guy pull that Saw from, his ***? What is with this pocket shotgun and why is everyone running around with them? This is nothing like Halo. *waits for next Halo*

There are probably a few scenarios I missed, but you get the big picture. These millions of people that bought the game obviously they planned to play it. They just got bamboozled when they realized the game they were playing was pretty terrible in comparison they could be playing.

It's funny how the true fans of Halo and all the support we have given it over the years tend to get burned in the end...

Dude, seriously wait like. I don't know, wait a couple of days, does COD have an MLG playlist? NO , so chill.

Firstly, I would like to point out that CoD does have a competitive trueskill playlist. It has a whole section dedicated to "league play" which is basically the equivalent of an MLG playlist.

Secondly, I don't want to wait anymore. Halo 4 was not ready to be released on November 6th, 2012. It was a $60.00 beta, the real, polished, and improved Halo 4, will be coming along with the TU in late Febuary/ early April. This is the one thing about this game that earks me the most.

Halo 4 has dropped below 100,000 players in war games and Halo 3 lived through the release of CoD4, CoD5, and a little of MW2 and was rocking 500,000+ players. In my opinion, if 343i didn't speak two words a month about a TU, and actually had a beta, released the game when everybody was ready, a lot more people would have stayed with the game. Almost everybody I have on my friendslist (Xbox), has quit the Halo series and is awaiting the release of Bungie's Destiny. It just pains me to see that 343i could have kepts so many more players if they didn't make so many people wait so long for word about CSR/TU/Competitive playlist.

So to put it into perspective, it's like a bleeding man on the floor. You have the ability to save him, but you're telling him "just wait a little longer". Please 343i, save my favourite series <3

-MaGIIXz

• Like 1

If you only play halo for true skill and MLG then you're playing Halo for all the wrong reasons...

I came for the campaign, and I stay for the competitive multi-player aspect of the game, with a 1-50/competitive playlist I strive to improve and get better and this is the main reason that I play Halo. Without a competitive playlist/1-50 system I don't feel like I want to stay. How is this all for the wrong reason? It's like saying that since somebody likes raisin bagels for the raisins, they like those bagels for all the wrong reasons. Halo was born as a competitive game, and without this aspect in Halo 4, you say that I play it for the wrong reason?

-Inversion

Yeah, who are YOU to tell people that try are playing the game wrong?

Who am I? Who are you to try to tell people that a competitive playlist and ranking structure need to be added to the game for it to succeed?

I came for the campaign, and I stay for the competitive multi-player aspect of the game, with a 1-50/competitive playlist I strive to improve and get better and this is the main reason that I play Halo. Without a competitive playlist/1-50 system I don't feel like I want to stay. How is this all for the wrong reason? It's like saying that since somebody likes raisin bagels for the raisins, they like those bagels for all the wrong reasons. Halo was born as a competitive game, and without this aspect in Halo 4, you say that I play it for the wrong reason?

-Inversion

Why should you need a rank to want to improve your gameplay? Theres been tons of games that I've played where they didn't have a true skill ranking system (some of them didn't even have a ranking system at all) and I wanted to improve my gameplay? You should play games because you enjoy them, games don't need these modified playlists to be competitive. If a number that is virtually worthless next to your name makes or breaks the game for you, I'm sorry that's simply pathetic.

Lastly,If you want MLG so bad then a get a team together and do gamebattles or something similar, it's not very hard you don't even have to actually compete in anything you can just go around and scrim and it's still competitive, and you still playing these modified game types and maps you desire so much.

THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU: I'm not hating on MLG or the whole true skill ranking system, i rather enjoyed fighting my way up to my 45 in doubles in Halo 3, and I thought the MLG playlist was awesome when I wanted to try and feel like a Halo pro or something (I was such a low level in MLG that I always played the worst people haha). I'm just saying that there are many other issues and Halo 4 doesn't really need these things, but I wouldn't mind seeing them around. You should enjoy the game for the actual gameplay not these modified ones or a worthless number next to your gamertag. Perhaps you charming gentlemen should take your argument to the Waypoint forums, where 343 industries might actually read it ;)

• Like 1

I didn't insinuate anything, except calling you out on that one post. If you want my opinion, I really don't care about a truskill rating system. A competitive playlist would be cooI, but I could live without the system. I just draw the line where people start saying you should play the game a certain way. No offense implied, Mr. Mays.

I didn't insinuate anything, except calling you out on that one post. If you want my opinion, I really don't care about a truskill rating system. A competitive playlist would be cooI, but I could live without the system. I just draw the line where people start saying you should play the game a certain way. No offense implied, Mr. Mays.

I never said you should play the game a certain way? I simply said that people who only play the games for the true skill and MLG playlist are playing for all the wrong reasons, basically. For instance, I enjoyed Halo 2, and Halo 3 but not because they had true skill ranking systems or MLG playlists, those features just became sort of added bonuses for me. I played the game because I enjoyed the experience as opposed to other FPS on the market at the time. Now Halo Reach on the other hand I hated not because it didn't have true skill or MLG playlist right away or anything like that, but because I just didn't enjoy certain aspects of the multiplayer. Now we have Halo 4 on our hands, and I like it alot. I do think it could use some added features, but I think the game is overall a good game and I continue to play it because I like the multiplayer.

• Like 1

I never said you should play the game a certain way? I simply said that people who only play the games for the true skill and MLG playlist are playing for all the wrong reasons, basically. For instance, I enjoyed Halo 2, and Halo 3 but not because they had true skill ranking systems or MLG playlists, those features just became sort of added bonuses for me. I played the game because I enjoyed the experience as opposed to other FPS on the market at the time. Now Halo Reach on the other hand I hated not because it didn't have true skill or MLG playlist right away or anything like that, but because I just didn't enjoy certain aspects of the multiplayer. Now we have Halo 4 on our hands, and I like it alot. I do think it could use some added features, but I think the game is overall a good game and I continue to play it because I like the multiplayer.

Well obviously we both misunderstood eachother and the logical course of action is to forgive and let bygones be bygones.

because you didn't play that way no one else should? hmmm..

A ranking playlist is used so i Have a much better understanding of who i'm about to play.

This game lacks competitive gameplay Lets hope it comes in the future cause this game will not last without it.

343i are adding a competitive playlist in May.

No, no...No, we're not. People who play games for "true skill", and an MLG playlist is the next level, not by pure evolution, but because they seek a better challenge or that they want to go even more competitive. MLG stands for "Major League Gaming". Just like MLB "Major League Baseball" or NFL "National Football League" etc. That's where the professionals are. You're stating a total different thing there buddy. Those who want to play for those reasons are seeking more out of Halo which was, and primarily still is a good game. What you imply is totally different.

Theoretically I don't have to go into a fat detail on your wrong assumption. I'm telling you we are playing for more out of this game. It's a hobbie, a sport. MLG is a sport.

You people are so ignorant on the subject matter (excluding the first two gentlemen I discussed this with), that I'm not even going to dignify you with a proper rebuttal, and believe me there is still so much I could say about the topic at hand. Good luck to you all on your Halo related pilgrimage.

You people are so ignorant on the subject matter (excluding the first two gentlemen I discussed this with), that I'm not even going to dignify you with a proper rebuttal, and believe me there is still so much I could say about the topic at hand. Good luck to you all on your Halo related pilgrimage.

No. No you wouldn't. We're not ignorant, not even close. You are trying to imply that we play the game wrong. Those who play competitively like "MLG" and those who play to enjoy the game is a total different subject. It's an easy problem, not hard to comprehend. I find it as a sport. I like to get competitive and take it to the next level at the same time I play to enjoy the game just like my gamer zone on my gamercard. You cannot imply what is blasphemy because it's not the same thing. At all. I'm done here, and whatever you try to "dignify" is invalid and obsolete.