"Xbox" The Next Generation

SykoWolf

Sorry for the Star Trek Reference

But Big News......

MORE XBOX INFO

viewer.jpg

The next Xbox will not be called the Xbox 720 or Xbox 3; it will simply be called Xbox, in the style of Apple.Games that are known to be in development for the new Xbox (though not necessarily exclusively for the new Xbox) include Rare's Kinect Sports 3, Bungie's Destiny, Lionhead's long-rumored Fable

MMO, 343 Industries' Halo 5, DICE's Battlefield 4, and Turn 10's Forza 5.

The new Xbox will reportedly sport "massive power," with a four-core CPU more powerful than any gaming PC. This will result in an increase in general performance—graphics, A.I., everything—in the next generation of games. DirectX 11 will increase game performance even further. And the new console will play Blu-ray discs, too—except for the "slim" version, which will be download-only.

Kinect 2.0 will come as a pack-in with the next Xbox. It can reportedly track up to four players and read minute movements right down to your fingers. Other technology—called Omnitouch—will allow Microsoft to explore some crazy augmented reality. This involves a new peripheral, and though details are scarce, it seems game characters and environments will be projected directly into your living room in full 3D. Yes, like Cortana.

Moving on: the new Xbox will reportedly take advantage of 3D sound that can come from anywhere at once, simulating real surround sound—not just 5.1 or 7.1 surround.

Other rumors touch on the controller—it could feature a touch screen, programmable buttons, or changes even more extreme—plus cloud and always-on gaming, a radically different interface, and a new Microsoft that's friendlier to developers. There are too many details to list here, so head over to CVG to get the full scoop.

Syko's Note: Now remember this isnt completely confirmed by Microsoft, but it was told to Xbox World by Micro$oft at some point.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 7

I don't get consoles. Do they really need to try go way out of hand to get people to buy them? By the sounds of it, this thing will cost about £1000, 3D is god awful and a gimmick, it needs to die, Augmented reality? What, like the 3DS? A four core CPU, woah, because those haven't been around at all, and it's going to have to be some kind of i7 processor to match gaming pc's.

Microsoft have really gone all out to suck people in.

I don't get consoles. Do they really need to try go way out of hand to get people to buy them? By the sounds of it, this thing will cost about £1000, 3D is god awful and a gimmick, it needs to die, Augmented reality? What, like the 3DS? A four core CPU, woah, because those haven't been around at all, and it's going to have to be some kind of i7 processor to match gaming pc's.

Microsoft have really gone all out to suck people in.

I can see your point, but these are improvements over the last Gen consoles. The idea of the console was to bring good gaming at a cheaper price then a good PC, because we all know a good PC costs way more then a console. Console's are more accessible to the masses. And if they didn't make improvements then whats the point of even releasing another console.

• Like 4

I'm no expert, but I would say as long as the processor is better than the last console, and "dedicated" to only game play (where as a Gaming CPU uses I7's to run "multiple" programs efficiently), it'll all work out. But I do want to be able to SEE the evolution of the games I play to be noticeable if I'm purchasing a new console! Games too!

they will have backwards compatible. If not they will lose a lot of people not buying it. Just hope the new Xbox build hell a lot better then the one that's out now. ill have a blu-ray player becues they can store alot of info in blu-ray disk and with that they can place more into the games. my have a i7 core with 8 gig's of ram. hope its going to be good & the price is going to be fair on what they place on it.

I can see your point, but these are improvements over the last Gen consoles. The idea of the console was to bring good gaming at a cheaper price then a good PC, because we all know a good PC costs way more then a console. Console's are more accessible to the masses. And if they didn't make improvements then whats the point of even releasing another console.

I don't know if you got what I was getting at, but if they go ahead with all of what they said it will cost way more then a pc would, meaning you'd save money getting a pc. Yes they improve, but jam too much in and the price jacks up each time.

• Like 1

I don't know if you got what I was getting at, but if they go ahead with all of what they said it will cost way more then a pc would, meaning you'd save money getting a pc. Yes they improve, but jam too much in and the price jacks up each time.

Ok i got you now, and yeah i know what your getting at. Unfortunatly, there isnt much of a way to fix this, all the newer tech is going to cost more either way, thus consoles wil always get more expensive....the only thing they could to is get rid of the added Kinect and Blu-ray player, those dont effect gameplay....

Don't need Kinect or 3d. What the consoles need is a hotswap gpu and 16 gb of 1600 ram, Ok, you can dedicate everything to chip but those addons are for those that want to customize their systems. Truly make resale worth it and set up a culture of business around it, Hell, even throw win8 on the stupid thing.

Base models could be priced pretty cheaply which gives buyers the chance to upgrade while better models will be priced a little cheaper than upgrading individual prices.