The Energy Sword

Baeztoberfest

Sword is useless if you're playing against a team with vision. No not promethean vision. I mean actual eyeballs. Sword is easy as hell to stop thanks to a clumy master chief when shot, a shield that might as well not be a shield and weapons that can stop sword dead in its tracks on spawn. Hell sword may as well be a spawn choice at this point.

Played today tried to sneak up on 3 guys using sword. In any other halo they would have all been dead in 2 seconds. In this halo as soon as I turned the corner and they spotted me I was dead in .3 seconds thanks to overpowered weapons and a shield worth nothing.

If you're claiming to be good with the sword you're either running up on some really awful players or you literally crouch in a corner all game hoping someone will pass by. Which one is it. Because gone are the hack and slash Jackie chan days of halo sword.

The sword and hammer both own if you get speed boost. The sword still owns in the right hands, ignore the balloon guy. There's a ton more counters to it in this game but on the maps it spawns in it does fine. Adrift is where I've found the most success with it.

haha I already bet someone on here a while back 1,000$ if within one week they could post a video of the sword owning and guess what. Nothing. That's because it doesn't happen. So if you disagree put your money where your mouth is and prove what you're saying is true.

haha I already bet someone on here a while back 1,000$ if within one week they could post a video of the sword owning and guess what. Nothing. That's because it doesn't happen. So if you disagree put your money where your mouth is and prove what you're saying is true.

That bet still on? I got a pretty nasty killtacular on abandon.

• Like 1

Sword is still a power weapon, but much more limited than previously. You can barely surprise anyone in this game, which hurts ALL the CQB weapons (boltshot included), but everyone has sprint and you can frequently jump into a fight to guarantee the kills for your team. Your targets generally need something other than you to shoot at though, or else you're dead. You also have to respect how bad shields are in this game, because where previously the sword would rack up multikills you just can't afford to go for it like that anymore. You have to spend 8 seconds avoiding combat for every 1-2 seconds in combat. That also hurts all the other CQB weapons, because they can't afford to move around as much and get into better positions. You have to let people come to you more often.

The Energy Sword owns in any Halo game. But Halo 2's sword was the best. I say that because of there was no ammo limit on the sword. It is definitely and will be in my top three Halo weapons period. I loved creeping around the map in Halo 3 for that Slice'n'Dice medal. Too bad that medal is not featured on Halo 4. Contrary to some opinions, I love going up against a Boltshot with the Sword. One of the funnest parts of this game is playing "chicken" against a Boltshot.

The Energy Sword owns in any Halo game. But Halo 2's sword was the best. I say that because of there was no ammo limit on the sword. It is definitely and will be in my top three Halo weapons period. I loved creeping around the map in Halo 3 for that Slice'n'Dice medal. Too bad that medal is not featured on Halo 4. Contrary to some opinions, I love going up against a Boltshot with the Sword. One of the funnest parts of this game is playing "chicken" against a Boltshot.

Especially when they miss. Lol.

• 3 months later...