Automatic or semi-automatic?

Slayer25

Semi-Auto weapons can be used at farther range, and one headshot to an unshielded opponent kills them. With automatic weapons, you don't have to be as accurate, but it does require a little more damage to get a kill once enemy shields are down.

Strategies:

Semi-Auto: Aim for the head, stay at mid range if possible.

Auto: Stay close and aim for the chest.

Semi-automatics sacrifice raw power for versatility. While even if you're accurate enough to land every shot at maximum firing speed, you still can't physically get a kill as fast as someone with an automatic can. However, no matter what range you're fighting at, you'll be able to damage and potentially kill your opponent, which you just can't do with automatics.

Basically, if you want a weapon that's very effective, but only in certain situations, go for an automatic. If you want something which will at least let you fight back in any situation, go for a semi-automatic.

I still think automatics should be capable of headshots. I don't really think Halo 4's maps are big enough to make it work, but that reason for NOT letting them make headshots doesn't make them work any better.

If anyone is going for the assist commendation, use automatic weapons a lot and you'll get it probably at least twice as fast as you would using a weapon capable of making headshots.

I still think automatics should be capable of headshots. I don't really think Halo 4's maps are big enough to make it work, but that reason for NOT letting them make headshots doesn't make them work any better.

If anyone is going for the assist commendation, use automatic weapons a lot and you'll get it probably at least twice as fast as you would using a weapon capable of making headshots.

There's way to much chances of making a headshot with an automatic. That's insane! One bullet out of the whole magazine?

There's way to much chances of making a headshot with an automatic. That's insane! One bullet out of the whole magazine?

Yes and no, you have an increased chance of making one by accident but a decreased chance of making it on purpose, due to the low accuracy and high recoil.

I don't think it's something they could do with Halo 4, but I would like it if they considered it later. As it is I have a fine time with automatics in this game, when I use them, which isn't often, and never has been. They've always been like this in Halo games, I'm accustomed to it. Sometimes I let myself get frustrated with automatics though, because ripping off someone's shields and then watching a DMR shot slide in to ****** the kill makes me feel like I'm incapable of finishing my own fights. THAT makes me feel like I'm constantly being rescued, and it all just adds up to make me wish automatics were better. It's worst in FFA, I don't mind a teammate finishing my kills because either way we're winning, but in FFA it's very hard to justify an automatic weapon even though they work better in FFA than any other gametype.

Also I'll admit something feels less satisfying about headshots with automatic weapons, having done it in other games, you just kinda get the headshot or you don't, since the weapons are harder to control you never really feel too strongly about headshots with them. The problem with not allowing them to make headshots in Halo (And again this isn't specific to Halo 4) is the shield system creates such a contrast between headshot-capable and not headhsot-capable. I definitely prefer to have shields, it's an aspect of the game that makes it play a little differently than other shooters.

All that being said, I really don't think the structure is in place to make it happen in Halo 4, and even if it were I don't think it would improve the game (Maps are small enough for it to create real problems). I just like to mention it once or twice every Halo game so maybe the idea will grow in someone's head.

EDIT: Funny when the forum blanked out my text earlier, the word wasn't especially foul though it can and has been used as such. It was the word for grabbing something quickly that is often used in reference to lady parts. Wasn't trying to be foul-mouthed.

Why do the people prefer semi-automatic guns like DMR to automatics?

And what is the right way to play with it because I always get less kills and more deaths with this semi-automatic weapons.

The AR is purely a training weapon until someone gets famaliar and skilled enough with the game to use the real weapons. In previous games the power ratio of the weapons were good (except Reach), but they increased it because some people never left that stage and never took of their training wheels and complained that they can't do all the cool tricks like the guys with real bikes could.

Dear God no. the AR would be completely OP then. They already buffed the range and damage a ton. Just take the bones they throw you and don't ask for retarded crap like that.

All that being said, I really don't think the structure is in place to make it happen in Halo 4, and even if it were I don't think it would improve the game (Maps are small enough for it to create real problems). I just like to mention it once or twice every Halo game so maybe the idea will grow in someone's head.

Why? Its a retarded idea and has no place in the Halo series.