Halo is slowly Dying!

Christian McComas

Dont get me wrong Halo 4 is soooo much better than Halo Reach and I know its only been about a month and a half of game play, but come on we need new Playlists to keep players interested. Ive been playing Halo since 2002 so I didnt fall into the CoD fanbase that easily, but CoD has frequent updates on their playlist and make their players happy again and again. Halo seems to try and copy more than be themselves. By far the best online game ever was Halo 2 and since then they have changed up I believe waayy too much. But whatevs its the future so we had to see that coming.To conclude my rambling I will say Halo 4 did bounce back the online community but we need to keep it going and get back some of our favorite playlist. Such as Doubles, Snipers, BTB (not just slayer), Grifball, MLG, and Multiteam. 343 is doing an awesome job though!

• Like 2

OP - I like your thread a positive spin on a negative point.

They are trying to keep the playlists to a minimum so as not to spread the community out over numerous playlists (like Reach did)

This is there first Halo game from scratch, so they are experimenting with playlists etc, so they'll get it right I have every faith.

Got to remember as well at the time of Halo 3's release there wasn't anything around to directly compete with it.

Now there's so many games around, the online community is never going to be what it was back then.

• Like 1

I cant believe they took away King of the Hill, i thought they would start adding playlist not removing them

Well it's arguable, yes, but many people wouldn't consider KoTH necessary playlist until after we get popular ones such as Team Snipers, Grifball, and Doubles back. Though I really must say the new objectives playlists are a million times more fun that in any previous Halo game and I miss KoTH myself.

OP - I like your thread a positive spin on a negative point.

They are trying to keep the playlists to a minimum so as not to spread the community out over numerous playlists (like Reach did)

This is there first Halo game from scratch, so they are experimenting with playlists etc, so they'll get it right I have every faith.

Got to remember as well at the time of Halo 3's release there wasn't anything around to directly compete with it.

Now there's so many games around, the online community is never going to be what it was back then.

I agree with the above. It may seem like its killing itself but it should get better. We just need to wait.

Halo is like rock in a rap and hip hop kind of world. It flys below the radar and it can never really leave. Personally I think the h3 community online was outstanding, ODST, my OP, was pretty bad, halo reach was a uplift from ODST and for a while it was working then it went down hill. Now we can only wait and see if halo 4 will be a success or not. ( I've never played halo2 if you were wondering, I heard it was pretty good.)

I think also that people need to patient. The game came out a little over a month ago. I see a lot of posts about what is next, what is next, what is next... Many games do not have content or an add-on for MONTHS, maybe almost a year. I think people need to calm down and dial it back and enjoy the game and wait. If they can't and then leave because they can't wait, those kinds of people, IMO, should not be here anyway. It helps weed out the childish and Immature. Some people are just getting the game too. I just got it on monday.