Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack won't register

Hashtag WorthIt

First let me say that I purchased the Halo 4 special edition xbox. This came with everything I needed. Now when I downloaded the Crimson Map pack the other day I was able to play it. Now whenever I get on Halo, it loads by saying "Unable to Validate Please make sure you are connected to Xbox LIVE and have the War Games Pass downloaded." I then click ok and am able to play matchmaking. However, I am not allowed to play the Crimson Maps. I checked in my system memory and it shows that I have crimson map pack downloaded as well as War Games Pass. Can someone please help me out?

I am having exactly the same issue. After spending about two hours on the phone with XBox support, they eventually told me sadly that they can't do anything because it's a third party publisher (I am pretty sure that 343 is a subsidiary of Microsoft) and that the only course of action I have is to complain on the forums. Verbatim statement. I don't know what kind of business strategy 343 thinks it's running, but I can tell you that screwing over the people that pay them five times more money is not a sound practice. It appears, for now, that our only approach is to raise such a fervor that at the very least nobody will ever buy a special edition console again.