xXRC BossXx's Game Reviews!!!

D-38 Boss

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Plot Synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCOM:_Enemy_Unknown

Gameplay - Where most strategy games make you control massive impersonal armies, XCOM maxes your infield troops at 6 people. you name and customize these soldiers and make sure their equipment is up to snuff to fight the alien menace. Mission's range from straight up elimination, to diffusing bombs and rescuing civilians and VIP's. The gameplay is simplistic yet addicting. you manage the finances, R'n'D, Production and air superiority of your organization around the world, then you respond to alien attacks. The tactical gameplay is all about cover. Move cover to cover to find the aliens and use tactical maneuvers to flank and kill the aliens. through the game you form a surprising attachment to your soldiers, so when one doesn't make it, it's not uncommon to load an earlier save. The game is also almost cruel at some points. Your sniper could have the enemy flanked, have a clear line of sight, full cover, a 95% chance to hit and kill his target. and that damn 5% happens, he/she misses the shot, and now you have an angry alien on your hands (I speak from experience.) But it's this difficulty that makes you keep playing the game over and over and over and... *Ahem* you get the point.

Graphics - The graphics keep Fireaxis's signature cartoony style, the characters are bulky and heavy looking. yet the graphics don't change the experience. When you see a civilian die, you feel like a civilian's life ended, not some random NPC.

Story - The story is good, if a little minimalist. The story is told through Cutscenes at various points, but most of them are short and far between. but this helps the game in a number of ways, it makes you feel like YOU are the commander. you don't have people telling you what to do at all times. they suggest an objective, but you can completely ignore it and just kill aliens if you want. it's this freedom that makes XCOM have a huge replay value.

Final rating: 10 / 10 - Yup i did it. i gave a game a 10. XCOM is a fresh game and i think it deserved WAAAAY more attention than it got.

If you have a game you'd like me to review just let me know, it can even be an older game. otherwise i'm going for a bad game next so i can say angry things.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Uncharted : Drake's Fortune - Plot Synopsis: http://www.imdb.com/...000777/synopsis

Story: I'm always up for a good historical mystery story, so this game scores well in the story department.

Gameplay: Fun, But a little sloppy, platforming can get frustrating with broken mechanics. Also really short, i beat the game in one 2 hour sitting.

Graphics: eh.... They're good but crappy at the same time... i don't really know how to describe it.

Final score: 5/10

It was okay, but not a necessary play unless you like the later games and want to see the original story.

Really? The first was my favorite ME. Great story. Great unique game play.

It was good for its time but then it was simply outclassed by the 2nd game. I don't know why I didn't like it, I think it was because I was doing one of the missions and I died and it put me way back at the start of it :L pretty stupid but that's what teenagers are like.

Really? The first was my favorite ME. Great story. Great unique game play.

The story was good. The gameplay on the other is some of the most questionable material I have ever laid my hands on, especially when you decide to go back to it after playing the other two. The gameplay, IMO, definitely improved from ME1-2 and from 2-3; in fact I would pay for a whole new game to buy ME1 with ME3's actually combat gameplay. Seriously I spent a large amount of ME1 on the floor in combat purely, including been stuck to it about 3 times in a row when fighting the boss in Noveria because of a glitch.

Ok I want to make an angryness review.

Alpha Protocol - Plot Synopsis: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1249406/plotsummary

Story - Blatantly poor attempt at a spy/intriguing story. Your Character Michael Thorton feels like he graduated Bottom of his class at spy school. The major decisions points are poorly forced and make no difference in the long run other than changing 1 or 2 lines of dialogue.

Gameplay - Take ME1. make it bad. BAAAAAAAAAAD. Broken cover systems, shoddy weapons, and no difficulty make this game horrible to play.

Graphics - the only part that's decently acceptable. still crap though.

Final rating 2/10 This game had originally planned to have 2 sequels. It was so bad the project was scrapped and this game is now $8 at Gamestop. It's complete trash. play it for the Lolz if anything.

Ok I want to make an angryness review.

Alpha Protocol - Plot Synopsis: http://www.imdb.com/...406/plotsummary

Story - Blatantly poor attempt at a spy/intriguing story. Your Character Michael Thorton feels like he graduated Bottom of his class at spy school. The major decisions points are poorly forced and make no difference in the long run other than changing 1 or 2 lines of dialogue.

Gameplay - Take ME1. make it bad. BAAAAAAAAAAD. Broken cover systems, shoddy weapons, and no difficulty make this game horrible to play.

Graphics - the only part that's decently acceptable. still crap though.

Final rating 2/10 This game had originally planned to have 2 sequels. It was so bad the project was scrapped and this game is now $8 at Gamestop. It's complete trash. play it for the Lolz if anything.

Thanks for the heads up

Thanks for the heads up

Not a problem.

Dragon Age: Origins - Plot synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins

Story - A very Tolkien-esce Fantasy story. Decent writing and back stories for the main characters, and multiple endings and story routes.

Graphics - Not terrific but they get the job done. also a much better character creation than Mass Effect.

Gameplay - If you like Knights of the Old Republic, you'll like this game.

Final rating 7.5/10

Not a problem.

Dragon Age: Origins - Plot synopsis: http://en.wikipedia....on_Age:_Origins

Story - A very Tolkien-esce Fantasy story. Decent writing and back stories for the main characters, and multiple endings and story routes.

Graphics - Not terrific but they get the job done. also a much better character creation than Mass Effect.

Gameplay - If you like Knights of the Old Republic, you'll like this game.

Final rating 7.5/10

I didn't like this game :L, what you gonna do next, Borderlands 2 maybe???

• 2 weeks later...

Star Wars: Republic Commando - Plot synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Republic_Commando

Gameplay - Tight Controls, Fun and challenging levels and an interesting weapons system make this game a pleasure to play. The weapons system is based on the DC-17m I.W.S. (Interchangable Weapons System) The way it begins is as a blaster rifle, however using attachments it can be turned into a sniper and a grenade launcher. The character can hold one extra weapon, by default a recharging pistol.

Story - Fantastic. The story is gripping, and the Characters are vividly memorable. even the player character D-38 "Boss" (Sound familiar?:)) has a personality all his own. and those of his squad mates D-62 "Scorch", D-40 "Fixer" and D-07 "Sev" are fantastically memorable.

Graphics - great for an original Xbox release, it is comparable to an early to mid 360 release.

Final rating 10/10.

My favorite game of all time, a ten is an understatement, I was devastated when the sequel was cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...

Battlefield 3 - MP review.

Weapons - The wide variety of weapons are all really fun to use, but like with every game, there are a few guns widely considered to be OP.

The attachments add a much welcomed variety, and the sound effects and mechanisms for each gun have been painstakingly recorded and recreated.

Vehicles - Some consider them to be the bane of gameplay. Others the reason to play. It depends on your view point. Unlocks for the vehicles increase ease of use and adaptability as you use them. Tanks can unlock Guided shells, HP rounds, and canister shells, making them able to handle different types of scenarios, whether they be anti-infantry, vehicle, or air. Air vehicles are a little more black and white, you can tell who is good and who isn't instantly. the difficulty of flying a helicopter, staying alive, and getting kills is no small feat. Jets are a little simpler, but still takes skill to use effectively, and both required continued use to unlock their maximum potential. (Flares, stealth, Heat seeking missles, Unguided Rockets)

Maps - Like every game, Some great, some good, some bad, some downright unenjoyable. Operation Metro and Grand Bazaar are favorites of the community, as Metro has 0 vehicles and amazing Close combat and heads up fighting. leading to long awesome firefights, and back and forth gameplay. Bazaar has only 4 vehicles (2 I.F.V.s 2 jeeps) , and a long central alley in which teams fight for control. Damavand Peak is great, but only on rush. being attacker on rush and making it to the third set of objectives grants you an awesome base jump. a huge clifftop base down to an oil dump, then to a long tunnel with long range fighting and tight hallway skirmishes.

On the more vehicle centric side, you have Caspian Border, a huge battlfield with huge tank battles, and good forest infantry fights while dogfights rage overhead and helicopters support their respective sides, whether strafing ground targets or using heat seekers on jets and other choppers.

DLC: The first DLC was Back to Karkand, holding a few favorite guns from older entries in the series, some vehicle from ealier games, and remastered maps: Most notably Strike at Karkand and Wake Island. (Wake Island has had a remade version in every single Battlefield.)

Second came Close Quarters. All indoor, infantry combat maps, SMG's and Shotguns were added, and the Gun Master game type came into play. (Similar to Gun Game from CoD, but having a set path, 2 kills to advance, and ending with a knife. which, if you've played battlefield you know, is no easy feat to kill with.)

Third as Armored Kill, Huge vehicle based maps, new vehicle types (Tank killers, mobile artillery) and vehicle only gameplay. This one was considered the weakest DLC as of yet.

Fourth is Aftermath. in the story mode, the player is tasked with surviving after a major Earthquake in central Afghanistan. These maps are based on that. new weapon introduced in the form of the Crossbow. New gametype dubbed Scavenger, A game where you start with only a pistol, Knife, and one grenade, and have to find weapons as you go. they even went as far as giving the characters new skins, showing them beat up and missing gear. (except the sniper, who apparently found some sunglasses in the earthquake... O_o)

Fifth is Endgame, which drops this march. Confirmed are a CTF gametype, and a mode introduced in Battlefield 1943, Air Superiority. A full on air combat game type, you gain points by having more planes and helicopters in the air than the enemy.

Servers - the best server system in a game today, If you lag, its you. dedicated servers and player run servers are fully available, and servers can be rented for 180 MS points a month, giving you access to map and game play control, and kicking and banning players.

Graphics - some of the best graphics you can find, mixed with the sound gives you an ultra realistic experience.

overall rating - 8.5/10

I would love to see your review of Star Wars: Republic Commando.

Too bad you didnt know me on there. I was {MotR}Lance and =FS=Lance while playing that game on PC. Big time sniper in my clans for it and people hated me on Garden as I could make a CTF game go for hours on end. Had one CTF game go for 6 hours (1200 kills for me that match and I started 3 hours into it.

• Like 1

I would love to see your review of Star Wars: Republic Commando.

Too bad you didnt know me on there. I was {MotR}Lance and =FS=Lance while playing that game on PC. Big time sniper in my clans for it and people hated me on Garden as I could make a CTF game go for hours on end. Had one CTF game go for 6 hours (1200 kills for me that match and I started 3 hours into it.

LOL. read the post above the BF3MP review, i already reviewed it. :awesome: