My Angel, My Hero. Your light will shine forever!

Twinreaper

It's been a very rough week for my family. We lost a bright light amongst many, and we are continuing to struggle through the tragedy that has befallen us and a whole community. In the midst of our pain and tears, we can only look to each other and our memories of Grace, and try to honor her life with love, compassion and keeping her spirit alive in our hearts.

As difficult as it is to post and think about what happened, I wanted to make a tribute page to Grace McDonnell. She was a beautiful young woman with a bright future. Her smile alone was enough to melt hearts and bring others to smile. My sister-in-law Danielle often visited and spent time with her in Connecticut when she had a chance. To her and the rest of the McDonnell family, I can only pray for the strength to survive and move past this tragedy. Grace is and always be loved by her family and friends for all eternity. No amount of time, distance or disposition can ever change that.

The only thing that makes it difficult, is the eerie twin nature resemblance she has to my Sister-in-law. Seriously, they look as if they could have been twins. In a way, it is kind of comforting, yet sad. At this moment I would like everyone to observe a small moment of reflection for Grace and the other victims and their families.

My Angel, My Hero...

connecticut-grace-_2429959k.jpg

Link to the CNN interview with Lynn and John McDonnell about Grace.

Also real quick, if anyone has a facebook and would like to leave a comment or prayers for Danielle, here is the link to her facebook. http://www.facebook.com/danielle.pompilii

• Like 7

Twin i can't tell you how this makes even me upset.... and im not afraid to say it

If you EVER need ANYTHING im here for you, just as many others are

Grace is a beautiful girl and is in a happy place now

And while you may feel left behind, she is just warming a spot beside her for you all when its time

R.I.P Grace

I did indeed watch CNN and saw this. I have been watching and reading news about it as much as I possibly can. If there were anything I could do I would do it, but for now my heart goes out to everyone who is enduring this horrific event. :hug: I am here for you.

A whole life ahead of her, ahead of many. I wont talk much because I don't take situations like this very well, but Twin I truly mean it when I say I'm sorry, sorry for your whole family, sorry for something I didn't even do. I say sorry because I get that feeling in my gut, that feeling of regret and dis pare something clearly that man with a gun did not feel. I am sorry.

I am deeply saddened by the loss of Grace and the others who's life was taken in this tragic event. She is indeed a little angel. Even here at 343iCF, members were directly affected. The memory of them will live on forever.

As a father and husband, I couldn't imagine such loss. My wife is a teacher and is with my children during the day and this has questioned the safety there as well.

I will reserve a special prayer in remembrance of Grace and the families affected...and for you and your family Twin.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you...

- Choot :(

I came home one day to my mom watching the tragedy on CNN, saying she could't stop watching because she felt if she did, it would mean all those people were forgotten. I tried to keep it off my mind, thinking it was just another crazy, like the Batman Movie shooting. I thought, this could never happen to me. Then, yesterday, an 18 year-old man was arrested at his school with multiple firearms in his backpack. He planned to get the school into the auditorium, and shoot them all. Luckily he was apprehended. But, the terrifying thing is, this happened not 30 miles from my school.

I'd like to give my condolences to the families of those who have been lost.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for not seeing this tribute sooner.

Moments in our lives that have such a deep impact on our emotions, sense of self and/or our whole outlook on life are rare. It truly shows our depth as humans...as fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters when we can feel such deep pain and loss for someone we have never met and would never have known about, but for a tragic event such as this.

Those of us who look at the young lives around us and feel both the love and desire to protect those young ones from moments like these, not just during periods of this type of loss, but at all times...........we know.........we remember that even the smallest moments together are precious. Thank you Twin for offering this tribute here on 343i's forum. May God bless all of you.

Cross_zps435cd562.png

• Like 2