Why the DMR is simple and lacks skill

a_cyborg_hobo

Weapon variety has always been important in Halo, yet there are those in this thread who think it's OK that the DMR outclasses everything else, and if noone can beat it then they should join in in using it, which does not promote weapon diversity. That is the wrong approach to take. We need balance. People should be able to be successful with the weapon that best fits their playstyle. As it is, the DMR can outshoot everything at nearly any range simply by "hip-firing" (not aiming down scope). How is that in any way fair? The DMR is supposed to be a marksman rifle. You should need to aim down scope to get the benefits of accuracy. It definitely needs to be nerfed!

• Like 1

Weapon variety has always been important in Halo, yet there are those in this thread who think it's OK that the DMR outclasses everything else, and if noone can beat it then they should join in in using it, which does not promote weapon diversity. That is the wrong approach to take. We need balance. People should be able to be successful with the weapon that best fits their playstyle. As it is, the DMR can outshoot everything at nearly any range simply by "hip-firing" (not aiming down scope). How is that in any way fair? The DMR is supposed to be a marksman rifle. You should need to aim down scope to get the benefits of accuracy. It definitely needs to be nerfed!

Because those poeple use DMR themselves and do very well with it because of its OP. In actually they suck horribly at the game and dont want to see their toy nerfed, its their lifeline for their poor hand eye coordination

This thread makes the OP look incredibly stupid. An example of what not to do for newer members.

Go use your DMR and ruin this game some more, you know nothing about balance

Because those poeple use DMR themselves and do very well with it because of its OP. In actually they suck horribly at the game and dont want to see their toy nerfed, its their lifeline for their poor hand eye coordination

Ah and a wonderful example of what posts not to make. Keep giving us more examples of posts that make the poster look stupid.

Haha okay, "real" man.

• Like 1

So he cant state his opinion on a matter that is clearly affecting the game? A little ignorant of you dont ya think?

Learn what an opinion is. What he did was an attempted troll not an opinion. But to be honest this whole argument is stupid. The idea of willingly handicapping yourself because you think that a weapon is OP is unbelievably stupid. It's like if somebody offers you a thousand dollars and you say no It was simple and took no skill to earn. By some of you guy's logic that's exactly what you would do.

Learn what an opinion is. What he did was an attempted troll not an opinion. But to be honest this whole argument is stupid. The idea of willingly handicapping yourself because you think that a weapon is OP is unbelievably stupid. It's like if somebody offers you a thousand dollars and you say no It was simple and took no skill to earn. By some of you guy's logic that's exactly what you would do.

Why not just play the game and use whatever weapons you prefer? If you're constantly coming up short in mid to long range use the hard light shield or something I dunno.

• Like 1

Are you serious maybe all you complainers should go play a different game then, dont like it then dont play it but stop bring down everyone on the site.

Maybe you shouldnt cry troll when in fact he is stating an opinion. the DMR IS OP and theres plenty of evidence to support it is and youre blinded because you use the gun along with a couple of users in including you who are incompetent when it comes to weapon balance. Sorry you dont want your little toy nerfed but it has to be to balance this game.

ITS FACT that the DMR outclasses every other gun out there and until the pigs at 343 fix this problem the population will continue to decrease. Why? People are tired of BS

wheres the fun and challenge if you use a gun that dominates the entire map and breaks the game? Your example is irrelevant by the way

Maybe you shouldnt cry troll when in fact he is stating an opinion. the DMR IS OP and theres plenty of evidence to support it is and youre blinded because you use the gun along with a couple of users in including you who are incompetent when it comes to weapon balance. Sorry you dont want your little toy nerfed but it has to be to balance this game.

ITS FACT that the DMR outclasses every other gun out there and until the pigs at 343 fix this problem the population will continue to decrease. Why? People are tired of BS

wheres the fun and challenge if you use a gun that dominates the entire map and breaks the game? Your example is irrelevant by the way

I agree that the DMR is OP.

What I am arguing though is whether you are an idiot or not. I think that you are and these kind of posts give me factual evidence.

The DMR is the crutch of a bad player, not saying that everyone who uses it is bad at the game. If the DMR is nerfed( rate of fire, damage, bullet magnetism, etc) I guarantee you will see people who are good players still use it effectively. While the bad players will cry that it is broken and useless.

I almost never use unless I pick it up off the battlefield as a last resort. It is boring to use and reminds me of playing Reach.

• Like 1

And you ruin the game as a result and its because its OP everyone uses it, thats what gets me mad that this game is ruined by a single gun. You'll become bad once its nerfed

I go back to halo 3 every once in a while to refresh my skills. At my level of play, I need the faster kill time to compete with the DMR users.

PS. I want the DMR to be nerfed, or have the BR and the Carbine buffed. That way, I can use what I wanted to use ever since I had heard of loadouts in Halo 4. The Carbine.

I use the DMR. I just prefer it over the BR and carbine and light rifle. If the light rifle was more powerful without having to zoom I'd probably use that. But using the best weapons or simply using a weapon you prefer doesn't make you bad. How is that even logical? If I earn ordinance and choose the IC over speed boost I'm a bad player? Pfft. That's just ridiculous.

• Like 1

Are you serious maybe all you complainers should go play a different game then, dont like it then dont play it but stop bring down everyone on the site.

I'm attacking the weapon. But it seems they're attacking you guys. I don't see why you would mind us complaining in a thread you don't have to read. I guess we could argue at Halo Way Point about it instead. I can't argue there because I don't know my microsoft password. Seriously, maybe you guys should open your eyes to see there is an imbalance. the DMR has a kill time os 1.6 seconds. The BR has a kill time of 1.8 seconds, and it gets more inacurate at longer range, the carbine has a kill time of 1.9 seconds, and gets more inacurate at long range. Do you seriously not see the problem here?

I'm attacking the weapon. But it seems they're attacking you guys. I don't see why you would mind us complaining in a thread you don't have to read. I guess we could argue at Halo Way Point about it instead. I can't argue there because I don't know my microsoft password. Seriously, maybe you guys should open your eyes to see there is an imbalance. the DMR has a kill time os 1.6 seconds. The BR has a kill time of 1.8 seconds, and it gets more inacurate at longer range, the carbine has a kill time of 1.9 seconds, and gets more inacurate at long range. Do you seriously not see the problem here? Also, this is the current Halo. They won't stop playing the current Halo. No matter what for some reason. Maybe it's the will to level up IDK. Some of these guys who hate the DMR just want to play infinity slayer instead of DMR slayer. We want to hear carbines firing at a fast rate, we want to be able to hear the zooooooom of the BR, and we want to hear the light rifle and the DMR. Some want all the weapons to be used, some are just mean and assumes everyone who uses a DMR is a ****** F-tard. The point is, we want more out of Halo 4. And we don't want to have to use the DMR because its OP anymore.