I have a question about the jackals, grunts, hunters and drones?

Judging from what we already know about the flood and their behavior it is safe to assume the following in terms of infection.

Grunts: They provide little in terms of physical combat, but due to their staunchy size and gurth, they would provide excellent choices to become a flood sack. The mobile sack that collapses and releases flood infections. Now, we don't see many of these so it also viable that they are used to construct flood enviroments.

Drones. Because these creatures are naturally flight enabled, they of coarse provide the most resistance to the flood. They would be the hardest of the species to infect because of said flight capabilities. Now even if a drone were to be taken host by a flood infection, the drones body are much to frail and small to provide any usuable combat skill. More than likely this species as well as the jackals and a few unknown others are used as sack nurturing fluids or construction material in flood surroundings.

Lekgolos or combined....Hunters: Now the hunters are not technically a species of its own, rather a collection of the lekgolo worms simply working together as one inside an armor suit. Now because these individual worms are intelligent enough to combine and work.together cognitavly, they make an excellent choice to become flood infections. Their size would allow them to easily approach its victim quickly and silently. Also, they provide little resistance to the flood in individuals. Even in combined form, without the assistance of an exterior armor or other type of suit, it is likely they would be just as helpless.

The main choice for flood hosts of coarse is what we already see. Brutes, Humans and Elites obviously make a first priority choice because of the inherant intelligence and mobility they possess. The floods first action from what we see is almost always creating a good mobile defensive end of combat ready troops. Also keep in mind that the latter of species enable the new hosts of flood to weild weapons. Something the flood during the "Forerunner / San Shyuum- Human war".

• Like 4

What happens when they gets infected, I have seen brutes, elites and marines but what happens to the others?

Can someone please tell me?

They all become either Carriers because their bodies are mostly useless. Jackals become Infected JAckals. As shown in Halo Wars.

Grunts become Infected grunts, also seen in Halowars.

Drones. Drones don't get infected due to their genetic and lack of intellect.. Same goes with Hunters.

Well Drones will may not be there because they were not in the original Halo and jackals and grunts could not be infected because they were too small in mass

You still see Infected Grunts in Halowars... 30 years before the first halo...

They deemed the grunts too small in mass and made them carriers. Or smeared their blood all over walls, and inside an elevator shaft....

Nice find there 819, I never played Halo Wars. It's the only Halo themed game I have to actually buy or download via the marketplace. I just really hate RTS'.

Thank you.

RTS' are my style. And I hold nothing against you for your hatred of my favourite Genre.

I always thought the flood tank was an infected hunter but it is apparently not.

Maybe the flood need a certain amount of tissue to reanimate and jackals, grunts, drones and stuff are just not large enough.

correct. certain creaturs do not have enough mass for the flood to take over.

Let me clarify things:

A flood spore gets born, it infects a sentient being, after a while the infected being turns into a carrier form, which spawns more infection forms which then infect more sentient life, etc. That is what the Shipmaster meant when he said, "One flood spore can destroy a species."

Just clarifying.

They deemed the grunts too small in mass and made them carriers. Or smeared their blood all over walls, and inside an elevator shaft....

Ah yes the level where you first see them...quite terrifying at the time hmmm and thank you for clarifying but for a fact no hunters infected

I remember the first map where you see them and you go down the elevator with the blood, but they DIDN'T turn them into carrier forms, read what I said, I believe I am correct, because otherwise what the shipmaster said would be wrong.

Judging from what we already know about the flood and their behavior it is safe to assume the following in terms of infection.

Grunts: They provide little in terms of physical combat, but due to their staunchy size and gurth, they would provide excellent choices to become a flood sack. The mobile sack that collapses and releases flood infections. Now, we don't see many of these so it also viable that they are used to construct flood enviroments.

Drones. Because these creatures are naturally flight enabled, they of coarse provide the most resistance to the flood. They would be the hardest of the species to infect because of said flight capabilities. Now even if a drone were to be taken host by a flood infection, the drones body are much to frail and small to provide any usuable combat skill. More than likely this species as well as the jackals and a few unknown others are used as sack nurturing fluids or construction material in flood surroundings.

Lekgolos or combined....Hunters: Now the hunters are not technically a species of its own, rather a collection of the lekgolo worms simply working together as one inside an armor suit. Now because these individual worms are intelligent enough to combine and work.together cognitavly, they make an excellent choice to become flood infections. Their size would allow them to easily approach its victim quickly and silently. Also, they provide little resistance to the flood in individuals. Even in combined form, without the assistance of an exterior armor or other type of suit, it is likely they would be just as helpless.

The main choice for flood hosts of coarse is what we already see. Brutes, Humans and Elites obviously make a first priority choice because of the inherant intelligence and mobility they possess. The floods first action from what we see is almost always creating a good mobile defensive end of combat ready troops. Also keep in mind that the latter of species enable the new hosts of flood to weild weapons. Something the flood during the "Forerunner / San Shyuum- Human war".

ur theory on hunter s is wrong yet the info is all correct it is becouse hunters are many organisms is bcuz they r not infected

This^^^

• 6 months later...