Suggestions For Better Halo 4 Experience

Joe Cravens

Please stop catering to the noob population that will drop your game in less than 6 months. The original Halo 1 and on community will stay with you and others will follow! You CAN make a game that is FUN and COMPETITIVE at the same time!

1. Fix the easy scoping for noobs-you don't get knocked out of scope when shot

2. Take out sprinting, airdrops, and instant spawns....This is not modern warfare

Or at least have playlists for it

3. Have ranks visible!! Even if we don't like a certain playlist, a rank gives incentive. No ranks=no incentive=noone plays this game for more than a month

1. You may not be knocked out of scope, but this has been replaced by flinching, which I feel has more of an impact than just getting knocked out of your scope. If you've ever been trying to snipe someone and gotten hit it throws off your aim quite terribly, forcing you to readjust your aim and compensate for every hit you take. It's not as easy as you may think.

2. Sprinting is a natural part of the game now, just like jumping. Anyone who can't accept that is simply going to have to get over it. You may not like some features and mechanics that have been added, but they're here to stay. Ordinance is similar to care packages in Call of Duty, yes. However I don't find them to be implemented badly, nor do I think that they're a game breaking feature or make the game feel less like a Halo game. I can say the same about instant spawns. If given the choice between instant spawning and a countdown timer, I'm really indifferent. I've rarely run into a problem with the instant spawn system and it rarely makes me rage or feel cheated, if ever.

These features hardly make the game Call of Duty in space like some people are calling it. The physics, the feel of the weapons when you fire them, the jumping, the movement, the grenade throwing, it all feels just like I expect a Halo game to feel. It all feels very familiar, so much so that I could pick it up and go "This feels like Halo.".

3. They're implementing a ranking system that is set for release sometime next year. It won't be visible in game, but you will be able to check Halo Waypoint for it. It may not be in the game as some people wished, but at least they're still getting a ranking system and can view it in some form. It isn't difficult to visit the Halo Waypoint app or website and check it out. Think of this as a compromise of sorts for those who were in favour for a ranking system and those who either did not want ranks visible or simply didn't care.

Also, I play the game to enjoy the gameplay. I feel that the gameplay comes before all else, including a ranking system. My incentive for playing are the different unlocks to customise my appearance and playstyle. It's been more than a month since release and people are still playing. :P

• Like 4

1. You may not be knocked out of scope, but this has been replaced by flinching, which I feel has more of an impact than just getting knocked out of your scope. If you've ever been trying to snipe someone and gotten hit it throws off your aim quite terribly, forcing you to readjust your aim and compensate for every hit you take. It's not as easy as you may think.

2. Sprinting is a natural part of the game now, just like jumping. Anyone who can't accept that is simply going to have to get over it. You may not like some features and mechanics that have been added, but they're here to stay. Ordinance is similar to care packages in Call of Duty, yes. However I don't find them to be implemented badly, nor do I think that they're a game breaking feature or make the game feel less like a Halo game. I can say the same about instant spawns. If given the choice between instant spawning and a countdown timer, I'm really indifferent. I've rarely run into a problem with the instant spawn system and it rarely makes me rage or feel cheated, if ever.

These features hardly make the game Call of Duty in space like some people are calling it. The physics, the feel of the weapons when you fire them, the jumping, the movement, the grenade throwing, it all feels just like I expect a Halo game to feel. It all feels very familiar, so much so that I could pick it up and go "This feels like Halo.".

3. They're implementing a ranking system that is set for release sometime next year. It won't be visible in game, but you will be able to check Halo Waypoint for it. It may not be in the game as some people wished, but at least they're still getting a ranking system and can view it in some form. It isn't difficult to visit the Halo Waypoint app or website and check it out. Think of this as a compromise of sorts for those who were in favour for a ranking system and those who either did not want ranks visible or simply didn't care.

Also, I play the game to enjoy the gameplay. I feel that the gameplay comes before all else, including a ranking system. My incentive for playing are the different unlocks to customise my appearance and playstyle. It's been more than a month since release and people are still playing. :P

so true :)

and for sir in top, you fail so much that you simply say cod cod cod so please stop. Halo 4 is not like any cod game it is being Halo. if you can't get over it, then don't post such things that makes you seem whiny to other members.

What I am looking for to change Halo 4 back into a game me and my friends enjoy to play, that is customs.

1. Instant Spaws removed, the worst gametype currently because of this is Oddball, fun gametype but horrible simply because of this. Spawn, throw two grenades, die, repeat and all said and done one player can throw roughly 16 grenades a minute.

2. Bolt needs to become a weapon drop or nerved, PERIOD

3. Radar needs to be drastically reduced or gone all together. I am sick of getting pre-naded all the ******* time or even out player a person on a map only to get screwed over by the map. Halo has never been about, head to head 1 vs 1 games, it's about OUT PLAYING the other guy which means movement on map and deception. A common phrase my gamer group uses is "Predictable!" as you know exactly what the other person is doing and thinking and they get dominated. AGAIN, radar screws this up as the notice they've F*d up and instantly duck. *very update they took away Slayer Pro this week, only fun Slayer gametype*

4. More symmetrical maps, as why on god's earth do they have a symmetrical map "HAVEN" yet they spawn the teams on OPEN and CLOSED side, not Red and Blue? Things like this is what makes me shake my head and wonder what moron thought of this...

5. More maps that have no vehicles on them

What I am looking for to change Halo 4 back into a game me and my friends enjoy to play, that is customs.

In that case, I hope you find these suggestions useful when playing customs!

1. Instant Spaws removed, the worst gametype currently because of this is Oddball, fun gametype but horrible simply because of this. Spawn, throw two grenades, die, repeat and all said and done one player can throw roughly 16 grenades a minute.

2. Bolt needs to become a weapon drop or nerved, PERIOD

3. Radar needs to be drastically reduced or gone all together. I am sick of getting pre-naded all the ******* time or even out player a person on a map only to get screwed over by the map. Halo has never been about, head to head 1 vs 1 games, it's about OUT PLAYING the other guy which means movement on map and deception. A common phrase my gamer group uses is "Predictable!" as you know exactly what the other person is doing and thinking and they get dominated. AGAIN, radar screws this up as the notice they've F*d up and instantly duck. *very update they took away Slayer Pro this week, only fun Slayer gametype*

4. More symmetrical maps, as why on god's earth do they have a symmetrical map "HAVEN" yet they spawn the teams on OPEN and CLOSED side, not Red and Blue? Things like this is what makes me shake my head and wonder what moron thought of this...

5. More maps that have no vehicles on them

1. In some gametypes it's possible to disable instant respawn altogether, or at least delay it. If you set the respawn timer to something like 15 seconds, I think pressing 'X' only shortens the respawn time, instead of respawning instantly. Alternatively, just turn the death camera off, set a respawn timer, and ask everyone to play with honour rules. It's customs, so they should be happy to do this.

2. Set Game Loadouts instead of Personal Loadouts and make the loadouts without anything you don't like. Alternatively, ask everyone to take the Boltshot out of their loadouts. You can then add it as a weapon drop by turning Allow Custom Odrnance on, and then customising the weapon drops to include whatever you want.

3. The motion tracker's range can be reduced, set to allies only, or disabled altogether either permanently or for a short duration after respawning through the Traits and Respawn Traits menus.

4&5. Forge can be used to customise initial spawn points, so that everyone will spawn exactly where you want. You can also use Forge to add and remove vehicles, whether they respawn when destroyed and how long it takes if they do. You can also customise vehicles via the game settings menu, so that only certain vehicles appear, certain vehicles don't appear, or that no vehicles are present whatsoever.

Good luck, happy customs!

• Like 1

You're joking right? This game is ******* trash, the only way to make it any fun is customs.

You gave a list of things you didn't like when playing custom games. I made some suggestions about how you could make your customs games better based on that list. Was there a problem with those suggestions?