Is the Map pack worth it

Redifer117

Personally think they are good value for money. Sure people will be disappointed as it puts another nail in the coffin for Team Doubles but the maps themselves are enjoyable. Not a big fan of "Shatter", seems awkward to navigate and play, but "Harvest" and "Wreckage" really work well, especially with CTF.

• Like 2

If you're a a BTB or Objective fan, they're pretty solid, but if you enjoy 4v4 slayer or smaller maps, they're definitely not for you.

This pretty much sums it up. Plus, the Crimson DLC list is, I believe, currently the only place to play the Extraction gametype, so if you want to play that before it becomes a playlist in its own right, you might want to consider getting it.

At first I would have said yes but now its a big No

Ball for example can be a race to the ball in some of the new lvl's as once you have it the maps are so big you never lose it.

Even for BTB they are only so so at best, they have no flow and all have the same main building centre and float around the edges feel.

It just seems the novelty wore off and now they are becoming more maps that never get voted unless there is no better option. To be honest I am a little dissapointed as previous games should provide a good basis of knowledge on how to develop a good map. I am happy I got them free as in retrospect I would not have paid for them.

Crimson maps suck. Pretty much everything that others said above is true. Here's my additional 2 cents:

Matchmaking (even just for ordinary slayer) will team you with others who own the maps, and will frequently make them part of the 3 map voting selection (which stinks, cause the new maps suck). Incidentally, most of the people who bought the maps are more serious halo players, so you'll get teamed with generally more skilled players of higher rank and k/d ratio (good or bad, depending on your perspective). PERSONALLY, I'd rather pawn noobs on maps that I enjoy than get dmr and vehicle banged on 3 new $hitty super generic maps. For all of these reasons, I chose to delete the crimson maps from my hard drive.

I personally think it is definitly worth it. The maps have a very unique and enjoyable designs, i also personally enjoy the aesthetic like the Polluted air or Shatter, the Dusty and shrouded aura of Wreckage and and standard and beutiful backgrounds of Harvest. I personally say out of experience that these maps feel completly unique and introduce the idea that you are playing a completly different style. I think if you are a Big team battle fan then these maps are definitly for you! These maps also come with Extraction wich is an amazing gametype!

If you are more into slayer then is suppose harvest if for you. But even so, if you don't enjoy, 'Extarction', 'King of the Hill', 'CTF' or 'BTB' then there is no point getting it. But these maps are amazing for 'BTB' 'CTF' and 'KOH' :) I recommend them greatly if you enjoy those 3.

In a nutshell, i'd say they are definitly worth it. The last Halo reach DLC Was incredible! Sadly it was only availible for about 2 weeks which was a massive bummer. But back the to topic, this DLC is avalible for possibly forever, so i defintly recomend it :D

I personally think it is definitly worth it. The maps have a very unique and enjoyable designs, i also personally enjoy the aesthetic like the Polluted air or Shatter, the Dusty and shrouded aura of Wreckage and and standard and beutiful backgrounds of Harvest. I personally say out of experience that these maps feel completly unique and introduce the idea that you are playing a completly different style. I think if you are a Big team battle fan then these maps are definitly for you! These maps also come with Extraction wich is an amazing gametype!

If you are more into slayer then is suppose harvest if for you. But even so, if you don't enjoy, 'Extarction', 'King of the Hill', 'CTF' or 'BTB' then there is no point getting it. But these maps are amazing for 'BTB' 'CTF' and 'KOH' :) I recommend them greatly if you enjoy those 3.

In a nutshell, i'd say they are definitly worth it. The last Halo reach DLC Was incredible! Sadly it was only availible for about 2 weeks which was a massive bummer. But back the to topic, this DLC is avalible for possibly forever, so i defintly recomend it :D

THIS!!!! Not sure the name of it but there was a map pack in Reach that had maps I thought were just downright beautiful. Unfortunately, apparently nobody bought them because they never came up for me in normal playlists and I didnt want to play them in the DLC list because I just wanted to play slayer 24/7. :/

Well, thats because the maps have been intergrated into normal playlists so people aren't playing the map pack playlist as much. As for the maps themselves:

Wreckage: I would like this map except on slayer everyone just goes to that on spot the man cannon takes you to and proceeds to camp there for the rest of the game. This makes the map quite sexually confused. On gametypes and games where people don't camp out that area (rare) the map is much more fun. with the central stucture providing some good close up fighting.

Shatter: The BIG map of the big maps. This map is all about sniping and camping with the DMR. It's actually not too bad on certain gametypes, with a mantis and other toys, but is really, REALLY bad on games like dominion and extraction, which in my opinion is the dumbest gametype of all time. It's like one sided territories from halo 3. Land grab, but far worse.

Harvest: Not a small map but the smallest of the 3 released. I really like this map, as it's good for slayer and just about every gametype I've played on it. CTF is fun here too. A medium to larger sized map with ghosts and normal warthogs.

So in my opinion, 2 of the maps are trash, and one is good. They are ALL better then meltdown and vortex though LOL.

• Like 1