Am I the only one with an Assault Rifle

Action Volcano

I never see anyone using the Assault rifle or any automatic weapon other than myself. Does the community just really hate the automatic weapons or something? I find it really fun to use and I just don't see the joy in headshoting everyone. So if anyone could explain why there is a general hate for the automatic weapons that would be great.

It's perceived as being less of a skillful weapon. That's due to the fact that it's not headshot based and tends to be used as a spray and pray weapon by the general player-base. However that's kind of ironic because the useful little things that you can do to become a dominant AR player, such as firing in short controlled bursts and using grenades to strip shields beforehand, are not things that just any noob can do well. In fact if you look at the big picture it would probably be easier to pick up a random precision weapon and hop into matchmaking than it would be to pick up let's say an AR.

• Like 3

I've got an AR loadout. It's competitive on some small maps especially on objective games and can be useful on other maps if you know the fight is focusing in an indoor area or similar. The issue with the AR is that at even quite a short range the BR/DMR can compete for kill speed without needing much more 'skill' and at longer ranges the AR is rubbish.

One advantage of the AR is that average players seem to be less confident about how to handle it (when used by a semi-competent player) than the BR/DMR because they normally only see new players using it to run straight at them.

I use it when there's a challenge for automatic weapon kills, but otherwise don't bother much. Generally the prevailing attitude is that if a precision weapon lands all its shots it should beat an AR - in AR range - every time. I wish this weren't so, but 343 disagrees with me... on a lot of things.

I completed the AR mastery and haven't touched it since. It's not worth it. You have to be within twice melee distance to kill somebody shooting you, otherwise you will get 5 shotted before you can get the kill. It's not a dominant weapon. You leave kills on the table while using it. See someone one shot? Nothing you can do about it. You can basically only get 1 kill per clip with it too, which is not good enough.

Those who say it is a noob weapon are just pissed that they get killed by it. There is nothing noob about using it at all. You can spray people with it from a distance, but you should have time to kill the AR user with a BR/DMR before he can land the kill shot. The only time you should ever die to an AR is if you get ambushed or are already low shields. If it was such a noob weapon, I don't think my KTD would have suffered dramatically and then dramatically increased once I start using the BR...

actually no you are skilled for using that gun why? you have to reach out and touch someone and get close to them. which is damn near impossible when the real noobs use the dmr which is a sniper by itself and has massive amounts of aim assist and high ROF.

so people can state 'spray and pray" all they want while they themselves use the gun thats OP and nooby.

the real skilled players of this game use carbine, AR, Storm and Suppressor

actually no you are skilled for using that gun why? you have to reach out and touch someone and get close to them. which is damn near impossible when the real noobs use the dmr which is a sniper by itself and has massive amounts of aim assist and high ROF.

so people can state 'spray and pray" all they want while they themselves use the gun thats OP and nooby.

the real skilled players of this game use carbine, AR, Storm and Suppressor

Because i like the DMR im a noob and suck at halo?

Im not the one going around on forums and posting "take away the DMR because its for noobs and people that suck even if i suck and cant kill anyone who doesnt use the worst weapons in war games :crybaby:"

• Like 1

Because i like the DMR im a noob and suck at halo?

Im not the one going around on forums and posting "take away the DMR because its for noobs and people that suck even if i suck and cant kill anyone who doesnt use the worst weapons in war games :crybaby:"

Awww buddy but you are a noob using the DMR

because you depend on aim assist and because of range, damage and ROF you outclass every other gun. But i understand your mental incapability and your lack of hand eye coordination to use any other gun. when that cancer of a gun is nerfed you along with 90% of the already low population will suck at this game

i'll rip you a new ******* if you were to use a carbine, ar, storm, suppressor instead of your noob DMR