The destiny of Cortana

Dr. Halsey

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cortana dead?

• Yes. Requiescat in pace.
    • No.

Warning halo 4 storyline (or possible future games) SPOILERS following.

Yup it's again time for new Cortana Thread :thumbsup: .

Ok this thread isn't about Cortana being dead or not. We don't know for sure what happened to her. This thread is about how she could be part of Halo 5&6 and how she will come back .Please post comments and your own ideas and theories.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Cortana is dead and will not return except maybe in chiefs vision or thoughts like in Halo 3.

-I hope this isn't the case but if they can bring new interesting charachters I'm ok with it.

2. In the beginning of halo 5 Cortana comes back magically: "I thought I would die but I didn't" kinda like Johnsson did.(I know it has been explained later but it wasn't planned)

-This is the worst case scenario but I trust 343 they wouldn't do this eventough fans are raging because death of cortana.

3. Master Chief learns that Cortana is wherever Didact is.

- This would open many of possible ways to do the story of Chief trying to find Cortana like:

3.1 Cortana is imprisoned by Didact like Gravemind did in halo 3.

3.2 Didact hasn't Cortana but tricks Chief with fake messages. What happened to Cortana

remains mystery

3.3. Didact has corrupted Cortana and uses her as bait for John. Red and evil Cortana trys to kill

Chief but Chief can take out the evil from Cortanas heart :popo: .

4. Cortana goes back to Requiem like human "souls" did and we have to go there in halo 5

5. Cortana gets human body because of The composer.

-Possible but I don't like this theory. It kinda reminds me of EDI's story from Mass Effect Series.

6. We get new Cortana model AI which of course is not Cortana as she herself said.

7. This whole thing was Cortana's scheme to break up with John and date other videogame heroes like Mario or Chell from Portal games.

Please tell me your theories.

Maybe the Librarian saved some 'files' of Cortana when she snatched her into the system? Also, I read on Waypoint about the "Infinity Challenge" where you can have a cameo on future Halo games, BUT bs angel said "(Don't blame me if you end up being naked and blue)". Of course she is refering to Cortana, but perhaps she was giving an examle? I bet this is a hint of her return, what do you think? Nice theories btw

• Like 2

Maybe the Librarian saved some 'files' of Cortana when she snatched her into the system? Also, I read on Waypoint about the "Infinity Challenge" where you can have a cameo on future Halo games, BUT bs angel said "(Don't blame me if you end up being naked and blue)". Of course she is refering to Cortana, but perhaps she was giving an examle? I bet this is a hint of her return, what do you think? Nice theories btw

It's sounds very plausible that Librarian could have taken a copy of Cortana but she can't cure her. At least she didn't but maybe she did take copy from Cortana seeing her state and repaired her later.If 343 would want to do this they could do it.

As for bs Angel maybe it's hint maybe not. What I am sure about is I wouldn't want to be naked AI in Halo game :laughing:

I don't know about you guys but even If Cortana came back I wouldn't want that the relationship between those two would be in as big role as in halo 4. They already did that theme in Halo 4 and now they could move into something different like Chief's traumas or something.

• Like 1

lol my whacko theory is Cortana remains in some forerunner database somewhere and will later somehow reverse engineer the Composer and create an opposite version that turns her into a real in the flesh woman. then her and chief can make spartan babies ;D

hehe i can be a lil out there xD

That real flesh woman would of course be blue and their babies would be blue too :thumbsup: .

I think she still exists but not in digital form anymore. I think she was the first (and only) success the Composer had at turning an AI into flesh and blood. Now she could be imprisoned on Requiem after taking her physical form and John goes and saves her.

Yeah i knew from the begining that Cortana isnt gone completely, the Librarian may have fixed her and stored her somewhere, OR she may be on Requiem somewhere, you never know, they wont get rid of one of the two main Characters like that, we WILL see her again, i can guarantee that

^_^

It's sounds very plausible that Librarian could have taken a copy of Cortana but she can't cure her. At least she didn't but maybe she did take copy from Cortana seeing her state and repaired her later.If 343 would want to do this they could do it.

As for bs Angel maybe it's hint maybe not. What I am sure about is I wouldn't want to be naked AI in Halo game :laughing:

I don't know about you guys but even If Cortana came back I wouldn't want that the relationship between those two would be in as big role as in halo 4. They already did that theme in Halo 4 and now they could move into something different like Chief's traumas or something.

whoses to say that the librarian couldnt fix her remember the forerunners were much much much more advanced then we are for all we know whose to say they didnt find a cure for rampancy?

Cortana is dead but in the Spartan Ops missions there is a new A.I., so maybe that A.I. will be Master Chief's new A.I., but I didn't like it when Cortana died. :(

Roland is an AI tasked with running the UNSC Infinity, he is a ship AI

Cortana was made to aid spartans in infiltration and hijacking of a covenant ship

Roland wouldnt make the cut if Chief needed a new AI

Warning halo 4 storyline (or possible future games) SPOILERS following.

Yup it's again time for new Cortana Thread :thumbsup: .

Ok this thread isn't about Cortana being dead or not. We don't know for sure what happened to her. This thread is about how she could be part of Halo 5&6 and how she will come back .Please post comments and your own ideas and theories.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Cortana is dead and will not return except maybe in chiefs vision or thoughts like in Halo 3.

-I hope this isn't the case but if they can bring new interesting charachters I'm ok with it.

2. In the beginning of halo 5 Cortana comes back magically: "I thought I would die but I didn't" kinda like Johnsson did.(I know it has been explained later but it wasn't planned)

-This is the worst case scenario but I trust 343 they wouldn't do this eventough fans are raging because death of cortana.

3. Master Chief learns that Cortana is wherever Didact is.

- This would open many of possible ways to do the story of Chief trying to find Cortana like:

3.1 Cortana is imprisoned by Didact like Gravemind did in halo 3.

3.2 Didact hasn't Cortana but tricks Chief with fake messages. What happened to Cortana

remains mystery

3.3. Didact has corrupted Cortana and uses her as bait for John. Red and evil Cortana trys to kill

Chief but Chief can take out the evil from Cortanas heart :popo: .

4. Cortana goes back to Requiem like human "souls" did and we have to go there in halo 5

5. Cortana gets human body because of The composer.

-Possible but I don't like this theory. It kinda reminds me of EDI's story from Mass Effect Series.

6. We get new Cortana model AI which of course is not Cortana as she herself said.

7. This whole thing was Cortana's scheme to break up with John and date other videogame heroes like Mario or Chell from Portal games.

Please tell me your theories.

These are just awful theories... Just bad. Opposite from good. I hope whatever they come up with will be legen... Wait for it... Hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next part contains DARY!

• Like 1

These are just awful theories... Just bad. Opposite from good. I hope whatever they come up with will be legen... Wait for it... Hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next part contains DARY!

Thank you for your comment. I was just thinking up theories so you could come up with better theories. So have you any?

Thank you for your comment. I was just thinking up theories so you could come up with better theories. So have you any?

My only thought would be that one of the Cortana fragments would be recoverable. That would be the only viable non cheesy way to bring her back. They already said that Halo 5 will be much darker than what people are used to in Halo. I can't think of a better way to bring darkness than the depression of no Cortana.

My only thought would be that one of the Cortana fragments would be recoverable. That would be the only viable non cheesy way to bring her back. They already said that Halo 5 will be much darker than what people are used to in Halo. I can't think of a better way to bring darkness than the depression of no Cortana.

I agree that Cortana shouldn't come back in halo 5. She may still "come back" by making appearance the way you said or there may be mysterious messages, visions etc similar to halo3's Cortana messages but we wouldn't be sure if she were dead or not. These would give Chief hope but also prevent him from letting go..

I'm kinda proud of how 343 had the courage to kill Cortana. It shows how they are able to go forward. Maybe they could also change the protagonist? Haha I can imagine the ****storm it would create.

I think it's cool. 343i was like "Yeah, this is our first stand alone Halo title. Lets go ahead and kill Cortana. Oh! And throw Johns face in there too..." Lol. I love it when they push the envelope. Gets people out of their predictable comfort zones and really says loud and clear "You won't know where the story is going until we tell it to you!". Worth $60 bucks in my opinion to sell me something fresh.