Advice for the Delpen9...

Delpen9

• 2 weeks later...

I just do non-MLG so i can come 1st all the time! It's way easier... but if im up to a challenge MLG is fun! thats my personal advice

like he said, MLG playlist is for those who want a challenge and want to work with players as a team and work towards a common goal. To get good at MLG its a mix of taking the time to learn the game and its mechanics, and being skilled with each weapon knowing where it has its advantages on the map and where the angles are that your going to be able to help your team shoot from, the difference between the dmr and br in short being for example

DMR:

-kill time 1.4 seconds

-longer range than the BR

-single shot registration

-you don't get unscoped when shot at

BR:

-kill time 1.7 seconds

-larger reticle means easier to aim at closer ranges

-doesnt have the range the dmr has, so challenging a dmr or sniper at great distances is a serious gamble, especially being new to MLG

-on the 5th shot only 1 bullet has to hit the head for the kill, not all 3

This is all information I learned in an afternoon, i simply did a little research. After that, halo is a game that rewards players who:

-control the power weapons (meaning you know where they spawn and when, as they are on a timer, things like rockets or sniper being game changing weapons, something that can change the score from one team winning to the other team winning)

-sit on top of the map, height advantage is key

-don't fight obvious battles your going to lose

-its a game type that requires a team effort to win, you can fail your team as much as they can fail you

learn to strafe, which is just a fancy way of saying try your best no get shot when people are shooting at you. Get a surround sound headset, astro a40's being the common headset for MLG but any headset with a mixamp usually can do the trick. Having surround sound takes some of the weight off your teammates to call everything out because you can simply hear direction, but learn call outs, and describe things as best you can. Learn to call out when a battle starts, or the second you see something because your skilled MLG players are looking to back you up, something much harder to do when your already dead. Each life is a new beginning and its how you play each life that is going determine how well you do at the end of the game. In MLG winning is winning, Having your entire team be +15 is pointless if you lose by a single flag cap or a few seconds with the ball. Basically its team orientated halo and MLG will adjust the maps to encourage movement, map control, and conflict.

Not much to it after that (^.^)b

• Like 1

like he said, MLG playlist is for those who want a challenge and want to work with players as a team and work towards a common goal. To get good at MLG its a mix of taking the time to learn the game and its mechanics, and being skilled with each weapon knowing where it has its advantages on the map and where the angles are that your going to be able to help your team shoot from, the difference between the dmr and br in short being for example

DMR:

-kill time 1.4 seconds

-longer range than the BR

-single shot registration

-you don't get unscoped when shot at

BR:

-kill time 1.7 seconds

-larger reticle means easier to aim at closer ranges

-doesnt have the range the dmr has, so challenging a dmr or sniper at great distances is a serious gamble, especially being new to MLG

-on the 5th shot only 1 bullet has to hit the head for the kill, not all 3

This is all information I learned in an afternoon, i simply did a little research. After that, halo is a game that rewards players who:

-control the power weapons (meaning you know where they spawn and when, as they are on a timer, things like rockets or sniper being game changing weapons, something that can change the score from one team winning to the other team winning)

-sit on top of the map, height advantage is key

-don't fight obvious battles your going to lose

-its a game type that requires a team effort to win, you can fail your team as much as they can fail you

learn to strafe, which is just a fancy way of saying try your best no get shot when people are shooting at you. Get a surround sound headset, astro a40's being the common headset for MLG but any headset with a mixamp usually can do the trick. Having surround sound takes some of the weight off your teammates to call everything out because you can simply hear direction, but learn call outs, and describe things as best you can. Learn to call out when a battle starts, or the second you see something because your skilled MLG players are looking to back you up, something much harder to do when your already dead. Each life is a new beginning and its how you play each life that is going determine how well you do at the end of the game. In MLG winning is winning, Having your entire team be +15 is pointless if you lose by a single flag cap or a few seconds with the ball. Basically its team orientated halo and MLG will adjust the maps to encourage movement, map control, and conflict.

Not much to it after that (^.^)b

intelligent comment but i have to say that the dmr kills in 1.68 seconds and the br in 1.8. other than that this comment was very helpful and amusing

• 4 weeks later...

You have to understand. Just becasue you are good and get kills does not mean you are "MLG" skilled. You need to be in a team, know how team play works, understand coaching on the fly. When you watch MLG look at the KDR; they're not that high. Join a team, and dont bother trying to be a "MLG" player, Halo is no longer in MLG.

You have to understand. Just becasue you are good and get kills does not mean you are "MLG" skilled. You need to be in a team, know how team play works, understand coaching on the fly. When you watch MLG look at the KDR; they're not that high. Join a team, and dont bother trying to be a "MLG" player, Halo is no longer in MLG.

I keep track of everything involving MLG and Halo 4 gameplay. For the advice, this post is old and out of date. I am already skyrockets better than I was when I last wrote this. I participate in AGL customs gameplay, normally in teams but occasionally an FFA match is played. Though, if you have any prior advice I would be more than happy to read it!

On my opinion, MLG don't have fun and play like their very life depended on it. If you would like to challenge/beat them, you must give your best. I rather have fun than straining myself. Also, you might want to have a friend or two to help you out that know how to play well (not exceptional players, just good ones), because going in solo with a random team won't help much.

I hope that helps, dude. Best of luck

It takes a lot to get into the industry. Forming a team or joining a team takes time. The pay checks aren't worth it. It's like an independent job you do it on your own time. Winning tournaments all that. Put your dreams into something more realistic than gaming all your life although like I said it's an independent job. It isn't what you do when you wake up in the morning and finish doing at 9PM.

To be honest none of the MLG players are better than anyone. They both can be on par and sometimes just straight out flatten people out. MLG is teamwork, like all sports are.

Delpen9, I see a lot if parallels between you and this topic and me and the topics I have been making, which are aimed at gathering info from players to improve your own skill.

I am quite committed to the art of improvement and while I have gotten much better than when I started, I recognize that I still have much more room for improvement.

So I ask you Delpen, what do you think was the biggest factor in your improvement as a player as far as staying alive and killing ability? What do you feel really made you an above average player?

Delpen9, I see a lot if parallels between you and this topic and me and the topics I have been making, which are aimed at gathering info from players to improve your own skill.

I am quite committed to the art of improvement and while I have gotten much better than when I started, I recognize that I still have much more room for improvement.

So I ask you Delpen, what do you think was the biggest factor in your improvement as a player as far as staying alive and killing ability? What do you feel really made you an above average player?

My shoot and run tactic plays a large factor in how I play. If you can't beat them run away and regain your health so you can eventually pick them off from surprise. My largest flaw is my aim with the br because 60% of the time I miss between 1 to 2 shots in 1v1 situations. It gets me killed quite often when I am stuck in those situations. Its probably because I am not accustomed to pushing my target and normally lean toward map domination and team strategy You must be able to avoid and throw GREAT grenades. A well placed grenade will bring an enemy down to 1-2 shots making them an easy kill. Try not to chase enemies unless they are 1 shot. try to jump past corners to avoid grenades or just not walk around corners that you know your enemy is at. . - If you want to get better just join in some customs off of the mlg forums at the mlg website.

Really, people do MLG customs? I figured everyone was waiting around for this playlist to come around. I better find me one. I know I won't be winning but the chance to play against really good slayers is just too alluring to pass up. It is like I am feeling the call, you know?

Really, people do MLG customs? I figured everyone was waiting around for this playlist to come around. I better find me one. I know I won't be winning but the chance to play against really good slayers is just too alluring to pass up. It is like I am feeling the call, you know?

Play me sometime, just catch me in the right mood.