Halo 5:Playable Elites(please watch it,343)

Thel Vadam

I happy the Elites are gone they never belonged in Halo anyways.

I mean the whole series is set in the future what the hell have dinosaurs to do with the future? They where extinct along time ago.

1) I disagree. Elites are one of the most iconic features of the Halo series. 

2) I take that as a joke? Elites are not dinosaurs. They're from a different planet.

I've also heard the argument that Elites don't have a practical role in-game brought up. I'm not going to argue with that point itself (despite the fact that I disagree strongly), but bring up these points that I hope people take into consideration: 

Neither do armor permutations. Yet nobody seems to want the game to only have one type of armor in it like it had in Halo: CE. It's a matter of preference, and a large portion of the community wants to be able to play as Elites. If you don't want anything that isn't practical in-game, then you should equally be arguing against the presence of armor permutations and the presence of customizable weapon skins, as well as the ability to add things like pallets and traffic cones in Forge. Players should have the ability to customize as much as they want within reason. If you want Halo to be purely practical, and not include anything that's just for preference, then why don't we make all of the levels a blank canvas?

There is also the issue of the Sangheili subculture of the community, which is fairly large, with thousands of members. They've been let down by Halo 4, and I have to say with the Xbox One being unable to match the success of the PS4, Halo will need to get every sale it can take. Now, everyone here needs to face the facts: the X1 is not going to come even close to the PS4 in terms of success. Microsoft has predicted it to "break even, or even make a profit". Not exactly high expectations, don't you think? I've actually heard many people stating that they will not buy Halo 5 unless there are playable Sangheili in it; and if this subculture leaves the community, then Halo is going to lose a lot of sales. If this loss of sales is extreme enough, it may even put the franchise out of business altogether; though that's unlikely. However, this will mean that Halo 5's sales will be miniscule compared to those of previous Halo games. While you could argue that Sangheili don't have a very practical role from a gaming perspective, it is undeniable that from a marketing perspective, Sangheili have a very practical role. 

The problem there is that there is that almost nobody wants to play as a Brute. They are little more than mindless animals. Many people want to play as a Sangheili, so we should be allowed to.

You know that actually makes me think. That would make for a good Firefight gametype, where the enemy team plays as Grunts, Brutes, Drones, and Elites and such. I'd definitely play that.

1) I disagree. Elites are one of the most iconic features of the Halo series. 

2) I take that as a joke? Elites are not dinosaurs. They're from a different planet.

I've also heard the argument that Elites don't have a practical role in-game brought up. I'm not going to argue with that point itself (despite the fact that I disagree strongly), but bring up these points that I hope people take into consideration: 

Neither do armor permutations. Yet nobody seems to want the game to only have one type of armor in it like it had in Halo: CE. It's a matter of preference, and a large portion of the community wants to be able to play as Elites. If you don't want anything that isn't practical in-game, then you should equally be arguing against the presence of armor permutations and the presence of customizable weapon skins, as well as the ability to add things like pallets and traffic cones in Forge. Players should have the ability to customize as much as they want within reason. If you want Halo to be purely practical, and not include anything that's just for preference, then why don't we make all of the levels a blank canvas?

There is also the issue of the Sangheili subculture of the community, which is fairly large, with thousands of members. They've been let down by Halo 4, and I have to say with the Xbox One being unable to match the success of the PS4, Halo will need to get every sale it can take. Now, everyone here needs to face the facts: the X1 is not going to come even close to the PS4 in terms of success. Microsoft has predicted it to "break even, or even make a profit". Not exactly high expectations, don't you think? I've actually heard many people stating that they will not buy Halo 5 unless there are playable Sangheili in it; and if this subculture leaves the community, then Halo is going to lose a lot of sales. If this loss of sales is extreme enough, it may even put the franchise out of business altogether; though that's unlikely. However, this will mean that Halo 5's sales will be miniscule compared to those of previous Halo games. While you could argue that Sangheili don't have a very practical role from a gaming perspective, it is undeniable that from a marketing perspective, Sangheili have a very practical role. 

To be honest I really didn't care that Elites were absent in Halo 4. I don't think it would be the end of Halo 5 if Elites were still absent.

I do agree it would bring in more Players if the Elites were present, but I think Halo 5 would survive without them.

Oh and do you know what those predictions are? Just predictions, not the actual path the Xbox One will take once it launches. For all we know the Xbox One could be the best console that Microsoft has shelved out yet, and be a best seller, or fail horribly. We don't know.

The premise of H4's multiplayer was that it was a training ground for spartans before and in-between operations. We even hear Palmer mention the War Games at the beginning of Spartan Ops. It makes sense that since there were no Elite combat teams stationed on Infinity that there wouldn't be any in multiplayer. That doesn't mean they had to do it that way or that they can't change it up.

Wouldnt make that much sense if they made elites playable in Halo 4 and not knights as the are the main species/AI in H4.

See, I'd like to see that. A sort of invasion, but with all three factions in the possible mix. Spartans vs Elites, Elite vs Knights, Knights vs Spartans. I never much cared for playing as an elite, but I always loved fighting them in Reach. I'd like to see everyone with inate racial abilities: sprinting spartans, evading elites, and blinking knights. So far the forerunners don't have much in the way of vehicles though... so I'm not sure exactly how they'd fare.

Elites have always been an important part of Halo. I wouldn't be too disappointed if they weren't in multiplayer, but I want to see them in the campaign. Not the Storm elites, the separatists. It was really fun in Halo Reach. I really want to see them in Campaign because if we don't, it would really affect the storyline. It would seem like 343 is not bothered to bring them back. I say it will affect the story line because they are still on the UNSC's side, why wouldn't we have them as allies.

I happy the Elites are gone they never belonged in Halo anyways. I mean the whole series is set in the future what the hell have dinosaurs to do with the future? They where extinct along time ago.

1. elites are not dinosaurs they are just lizards and lizards are still around today

2. the elites are the best enemies in the Halo series

• Like 1

1. elites are not dinosaurs they are just lizards and lizards are still around today

2. the elites are the best enemies in the Halo series

No because lizards have tails, elites do not

There are literally hundreds of reasons why sangheili are nothing like lizards. anyway, they will bring back playable elites, the allied elites and the storm elites because halo 4 revolved around the Infinity getting trapped on requiem, where Jul-mdama had gathered members of the covenant who had not been informed that the war had ended. now that the ship has been reunited with the rest of the military, there will most likely be larger, more action packed battles.

I believe that one of the main enemies will be dr.Halsey, because in the ending cutscene of spartan ops, she told jul mdama she wanted revenge on the UNSC, mainly on commander palmer for shooting her arm off.

hello, I'm a great fan of halo,this is my opinions:

-It would be nice if we can Put the emblems of Reach and Halo 4 ,put of tattoos, stickers on the spartan. Choose several races covenants(hunter,raptor,elite,grunt), several class humans (marines,spartan) same the Prometheans might be controlled.

Repeat and liked my message to the forum 343 industries if you are agree with me .thanks

There are literally hundreds of reasons why sangheili are nothing like lizards. anyway, they will bring back playable elites, the allied elites and the storm elites because halo 4 revolved around the Infinity getting trapped on requiem, where Jul-mdama had gathered members of the covenant who had not been informed that the war had ended. now that the ship has been reunited with the rest of the military, there will most likely be larger, more action packed battles.

I believe that one of the main enemies will be dr.Halsey, because in the ending cutscene of spartan ops, she told jul mdama she wanted revenge on the UNSC, mainly on commander palmer for shooting her arm off.

Good points. I would like to see more of the elites in Halo 5/6.

yeah, who needs elites? there not part of the story at ALL. neither are grunts, or jackles or hunters, or brutes...whats all this alien garbage? halo isnt about aliens at all. its about super-sweaty-futuresexrobots running around haphazardly sidearming grenades at 400 yards away, and chunkin' a butt-ton o' lead from the hip at other Rockem'-Sockem'-Rapage-Robots. jeeze guys, elites just dont belong in halo.

infact lets go back to the days where we all looked like a rainbow of masterchief clones. and load outs? hope you like the pistol and the assault rifle, cause thats all halo is about.

yeah, who needs elites? there not part of the story at ALL. neither are grunts, or jackles or hunters, or brutes...whats all this alien garbage? halo isnt about aliens at all. its about super-sweaty-futuresexrobots running around haphazardly sidearming grenades at 400 yards away, and chunkin' a butt-ton o' lead from the hip at other Rockem'-Sockem'-Rapage-Robots. jeeze guys, elites just dont belong in halo.

infact lets go back to the days where we all looked like a rainbow of masterchief clones. and load outs? hope you like the pistol and the assault rifle, cause thats all halo is about.

Sorry but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are not than I disagree because Elites are a huge part of the Halo Universe. They matter a lot and are allies with the UNSC. I'm sure we will eventually see more of them. If you are being sarcastic then, yes, I agree. :)

• Like 1

There could also be playable Marines or Grunts or Brutes or Jackels or EVEN... New races, hopefully they will make new races only for multiplayer like maybe those aliens in abandon in those orange ecubator tanks!

Kinda like a sudo "beast mode" you mean? if you ever played Gears of War, thats what im refering to. or just the ability to choose those races in MP? i think the former would be cool, but the latter would be...eh, sketchie.

Sorry but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you are not than I disagree because Elites are a huge part of the Halo Universe. They matter a lot and are allies with the UNSC. I'm sure we will eventually see more of them. If you are being sarcastic then, yes, I agree. :)

Major sarcasm bud. Im pretty alien friendly, I love all of them alot. they all have something interesting and unique, you sometimes just have to dig through all the halo lore to find the better moments for some of the "little guys". like for example: how many people on this site follow halo close enough to know that at one point the grunts formed a considerable "rebellion" against the Covenant propper? Obviously NOT a victory for them, but the little guys gave it a shot.

I just dont know how they would all fit into multiplayer...The only way i could see it happening is if they mad special menus/lobbies just for that sort of thing, separate from Vanilla Slayer.

Kinda like a sudo "beast mode" you mean? if you ever played Gears of War, thats what im refering to. or just the ability to choose those races in MP? i think the former would be cool, but the latter would be...eh, sketchie.

Major sarcasm bud. Im pretty alien friendly, I love all of them alot. they all have something interesting and unique, you sometimes just have to dig through all the halo lore to find the better moments for some of the "little guys". like for example: how many people on this site follow halo close enough to know that at one point the grunts formed a considerable "rebellion" against the Covenant propper? Obviously NOT a victory for them, but the little guys gave it a shot.

I just dont know how they would all fit into multiplayer...The only way i could see it happening is if they mad special menus/lobbies just for that sort of thing, separate from Vanilla Slayer.

I couldn't agree less. :)

I happy the Elites are gone they never belonged in Halo anyways. I mean the whole series is set in the future what the hell have dinosaurs to do with the future? They where extinct along time ago.

elites aren't dinosaurs they are reptiles and in the world of halo i believe the dinosaurs never existed

elites aren't dinosaurs they are reptiles and in the world of halo i believe the dinosaurs never existed

Halo is like what we are living in right now, but we don't know if we will come across an alien alliance known as the covenant that attack one of our planets in 2525. In 2013 in Halo, things are probably just the same. They probably did have knowledge of dinosaurs. I agree that they are probably reptiles.

The wikia says that Elites are saurian. As far as scientific identification goes, class is pretty broad. Crocodiles, Iguanas, and Dinosaurs are all types of sauria, for example. The genus and species of the elites are Macto Cognatus.

Kingdom: Animal

Phylum: Chordata (Spine/Backbone)

Class: Sauria

Order: Unknown

Family: Unknown

Genus: Macto

Species: Cognatus

• Like 1

The wikia says that Elites are saurian. As far as scientific identification goes, class is pretty broad. Crocodiles, Iguanas, and Dinosaurs are all types of sauria, for example. The genus and species of the elites are Macto Cognatus.

Kingdom: Animal

Phylum: Chordata (Spine/Backbone)

Class: Sauria

Order: Unknown

Family: Unknown

Genus: Macto

Species: Cognatus

Thanks for the useful post :)

• 4 months later...

i'm guessing you don't know much about biology because lizards are not required to have tails and lets not forget that the sangheili are cold blooded and have scales and even resemble earth reptiles (aside from the being bipedal and slightly humanoid) even snakes have 4 jaws  

also dinosaurs are lizards too 

I think a flood infected Promethean would be epic, though the lore would make it impossible. 

back to topic.... am i the only one who was entranced by the elites' mouths? in halo 3 i would continually melee their face to watch their jawbones move aimlessly then settle." oh boy! i loved wacking those mouths!"- The sanghelli in Halo 4 lacked any real momentum in the game because they were overshadowed by those dastardly Prometheans.

the individual enemies in all the halo games have procured their own identifiable storyboard potence.

elites- clergy and honor guard, their presence gave the games an abysmal undertone along with the prophets, (especially halo:reach) their horizontal warfare makes aiming a challenge   ;)

flood- any game needs a sense of horror and i enjoy their evolutionary functionality- gravemind made H2 badass, collective intelligence

brute- imo they were scarier than the flood. my favorite part of the campaigns was when they were trying to headbutt me

promethean- was a creative way of showing off forerunner design. their presence worked well in the misty jungles and rocky terrain, where they seemed the most aesthetically pleasing to the environment. i would rather see the flood or storm in the forerunner environment. 

elites were essential to the mysterious elements of the game. if 343 intends to center the story-line around some awkward (starship-trooper/TV criminal investigation workplace) (minus the criminals and prometheans instead of bugs) conglomerate as mostly seen in spartan ops then i believe that the game has no place for elites. 

what will work is the brutes and prometheans though the lore works against this to a lesser extent than the promethean/ flood thing. 

fyi; brutes are being enslaved during H4

I am almost certain they will be playable in the next Halo MM. There was such a huge outrage in the community for them not being in Halo 4, that if 343i didn't include them again, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

If it becomes a canon issue with War Games, just say that Spartans need to be trained on how to kill elites, rather than just each other. Done.

I am almost certain they will be playable in the next Halo MM. There was such a huge outrage in the community for them not being in Halo 4, that if 343i didn't include them again, they would be shooting themselves in the foot.

If it becomes a canon issue with War Games, just say that Spartans need to be trained on how to kill elites, rather than just each other. Done.

so elites were good in elite slayer, invasion, custom games, and machinima. 343 doesnt want to put them in because itll tamper with the core experience. 343 wants to maintain their whole War Games gimmick. if they want to play against elites then logically they would have to fight like them. you would be able to control a full blown elite, and elites fight like theyre in GoW. Adding this control set for such a minuscule part of the game would take away from whats necessary. the only solution is to make the elites suck at the negative expense of the war games concept or remove war games all together. Im cheering for the second idea because we dont need war games. 

OR  in Halo 5 there is some speculation that we will be going to sanghelios. what if elites became part of the training program? it would work out just fine. cheers

so elites were good in elite slayer, invasion, custom games, and machinima. 343 doesnt want to put them in because itll tamper with the core experience. 343 wants to maintain their whole War Games gimmick. if they want to play against elites then logically they would have to fight like them. you would be able to control a full blown elite, and elites fight like theyre in GoW. Adding this control set for such a minuscule part of the game would take away from whats necessary. the only solution is to make the elites suck at the negative expense of the war games concept or remove war games all together. Im cheering for the second idea because we dont need war games. 

OR  in Halo 5 there is some speculation that we will be going to sanghelios. what if elites became part of the training program? it would work out just fine. cheers

I agree with getting rid of war games. I mean it seems as though 343 does not give Red vs Blue love! :(

I made a plot for halo 5 that makes it start on Sanghelios.