Imagine if cod tried to be more like halo??

Balloonloons

Exactly, if I'm running up on someone I want to know what power weapons are on the field and what I can expect. With ordanance and different loadouts everyone is not created equal, which has been the main draw of competitive players to the halo series. As soon as I saw sprint in halo reach I knew something was seriously wrong with the overall direction the game was taking, slowing down the player but adding abilities to make them more manuverable. Hell, I wasn't even that crazy about equipment from halo 3 but at least that stuff had to obtained like power weapons.

You are telling me you cant beat someone because you don know the exact gun they have? That is really just sad.

Added to the fact that you can zoom in and see the actual gun they are carrying. Its not as if its invisible.

Matchmaking part of time is not fair no matter how you put it it any game. People will always have off days and off matches. I am not saying there have/are matches where people of equal skill get matched up, I am saying it does not happen everytime.

People starting with different guns and such does mess with starting balance a bit but not to the point where you cant beat someone else. You unlock most guns at a low level so EVERYONE has the option to pick what they best like, after that its your fault if you cant kill someone with the gun you CHOOSE.

Teamwork in this game means you and your buddies using your DMR's to kill someone across the map.

The unbalance to the game

You are telling me you cant beat someone because you don know the exact gun they have? That is really just sad.

Added to the fact that you can zoom in and see the actual gun they are carrying. Its not as if its invisible.

Matchmaking part of time is not fair no matter how you put it it any game. People will always have off days and off matches. I am not saying there have/are matches where people of equal skill get matched up, I am saying it does not happen everytime.

People starting with different guns and such does mess with starting balance a bit but not to the point where you cant beat someone else. You unlock most guns at a low level so EVERYONE has the option to pick what they best like, after that its your fault if you cant kill someone with the gun you CHOOSE.

Teamwork in this game means you and your buddies using your DMR's to kill someone across the map.

In halo 2 and 3 you could tell by weapon spawns and your motion sensor (for nonMLG players) which team had what. It was something that has long been left out in Halo 4. No longer can you assume that someone on the other team has rockets or sword or whatever. In halo 2 and 3 and reach, if you saw rockets at its spawn, then you could be safe to assume the other team didn't have them thus you could calculate how you could approach the other team.

Also, in halo 2 and 3 everyone started out with a BR and 2 frags and sometimes a secondary. This meant, coupled with what you knew about the map, that you could attack someone and feel confident that they didn't have some hidden weapon that they could easily kil you with. Halo 4 however allows for players to equip a boltshot and an armour ability. You have absolutely no clue that they start with that until after the fact. That's basically what the unbalance is. It's to where there are so many possibilities at the start that its almost impossible to garner what you can expect from the other team.

At least in Halo 2 and 3 I knew, a priori, what I was up against. Now I have to experience it first to gain information. That's a huge difference from the halo formula.

yes black ops 2 sucks... which game has 600k online and which has 89k online? LOL? i hate cod but halo reach and halo 4 forced me to purchase that piece of crap game.

Even if Halo was taken down tomorrow and never put back online again, I wouldnt go buy a COD game. Id either play only LAN with my friends or go back to single player games.
  • Like 1

The unbalance to the game

In halo 2 and 3 you could tell by weapon spawns and your motion sensor (for nonMLG players) which team had what. It was something that has long been left out in Halo 4. No longer can you assume that someone on the other team has rockets or sword or whatever. In halo 2 and 3 and reach, if you saw rockets at its spawn, then you could be safe to assume the other team didn't have them thus you could calculate how you could approach the other team.

Also, in halo 2 and 3 everyone started out with a BR and 2 frags and sometimes a secondary. This meant, coupled with what you knew about the map, that you could attack someone and feel confident that they didn't have some hidden weapon that they could easily kil you with. Halo 4 however allows for players to equip a boltshot and an armour ability. You have absolutely no clue that they start with that until after the fact. That's basically what the unbalance is. It's to where there are so many possibilities at the start that its almost impossible to garner what you can expect from the other team.

At least in Halo 2 and 3 I knew, a priori, what I was up against. Now I have to experience it first to gain information. That's a huge difference from the halo formula.

It is breaking away from the old Halo formula. But Halo 4 is supposed to be different, not just some copy of previous Halo's.

However in terms of balance everyone has the choice to pick whatever they want (excluding ordinance drop). If you make a class, say

BR + Camo and it does not work out for you what are you going to do? Change the class and make it the best you can that fits you. There will be others that may come to the same class as you.

If you see that everyones using a DMR and you only have an AR well then you switch to a DMR to even out the fight.

Pretty much the balancing is left to the individual player since they are allowed to pick any weapon they want to start with. It would be better if OD was left out an instead every once and a while a few drops with power weapons would appear on the map.

Is being more cautious about charging someone because they may have a Boltshot that bad? It seems to me that it should add more thinking and tactic on the players part.

• Like 1

Bo2 is more fun than H4. New perk system also enables you to use whatever playstyle you want without having a style of play breaking the other. Unlike H4. I run n gun. No problems at all. People spawn in your ass, but you know it. No problem.

Na, COD could never implement a ranking system. The game is too simplistic plus its users would be too scared of it.

Bo2 has league and ranked playlists. I think u have about the same percentage in them currently as The Arena and MLG playlists of Halo. People aren't that much interested, they just want good gameplay and fun.

It is breaking away from the old Halo formula. But Halo 4 is supposed to be different, not just some copy of previous Halo's.

However in terms of balance everyone has the choice to pick whatever they want (excluding ordinance drop). If you make a class, say

BR + Camo and it does not work out for you what are you going to do? Change the class and make it the best you can that fits you. There will be others that may come to the same class as you.

If you see that everyones using a DMR and you only have an AR well then you switch to a DMR to even out the fight.

Pretty much the balancing is left to the individual player since they are allowed to pick any weapon they want to start with. It would be better if OD was left out an instead every once and a while a few drops with power weapons would appear on the map.

Is being more cautious about charging someone because they may have a Boltshot that bad? It seems to me that it should add more thinking and tactic on the players part.

How are you suppose to think in halo 4? all it is spam trigger when out of ammo kill self try again theres nothing tactial about how matchmaking is played now because it's all random. you have no time to think anymore all it is is spam your gun instant respawn. Whats that you got a double kill and your out of ammo? let me help you out by spawning them behind you. yes real tactical....

And that starting OP boltshot lets not even talk about that haha.

I don't know man, I kind of like the loadouts and specializing. It allows for a certain amount of individualism and personal play-style. It also allows for loadouts for different situation/game types. I really don't see a problem with it so long as all the standard loadout weapons stay pretty evenly balanced. Kill cams and instant respawn are are kinda "meh" to me- I'm neutral on their existence in the game.

I think this game is simply too much at once. With Reach they tooks a few small steps. 343i has taken those small steps and made a big jump. I'm okay with it, but I think apparently they shouldn't have done so much at once.

The game will still probably be considered a success just because of how much $$ they made on opening day. I just wonder how well the next Halo will fare now.

Even with all this said, it's still early in the game. This may be wishful thinking but gameplay could always come back, there are over 3M copies floating around out there.

In fact 343 tried a middle way and a turnback in many ways, but they added stuff without even considering consequenses; ordinance drops and optional weapon layouts. BIG MISTAKE.

Sorry but hard for me to take you seriously. Your stating an opinion, not a fact. To me the core gameplay is very much alive and intact. The new story is just begining and it already has a great start. Adding in little things over the games has been a boon not a curse as it keeps things interesting without violating the spirit of the game.

Now then please do not push your personal opinion as fact. What I said above (beyond you stating a personal opinion) is my own opinion. To you I am probably wrong but to others I am right. What matters is that I am right for myself and thus able to enjoy the game for what it is.

i agree with the OP however the "classic" halo where weapons spawn on the map and everyone has the same gun will never be made again its too simple the FPS genre has changed permanently i feel. i think the game companies think they have to shovel as much crap into a game as possible (customization, AA, sprint, stances ect) to make people think they are getting a game with real content

How are you suppose to think in halo 4? all it is spam trigger when out of ammo kill self try again theres nothing tactial about how matchmaking is played now because it's all random. you have no time to think anymore all it is is spam your gun instant respawn. Whats that you got a double kill and your out of ammo? let me help you out by spawning them behind you. yes real tactical....

And that starting OP boltshot lets not even talk about that haha.

You are supposed to think more because you do not know what the other person is exactly carrying. And when you come down to it in any FPS you are trying to kill the person your shooting at as fast as possible (Either spam the gun or aim for the head for the quickest kill).

And the only time you end up spawning behind someone will most likely occur when the enemy team is in the others spawn. Spawn trapping people is fun but I am sure you can agree that it is not fun when you are on the receiving end. Instant respawn is a choice that not everybody takes.

The player should think of their ammo before they go into the enemy's spawn. You cant expect to go in guns blazing get a triple and still have ammo left over to kill the entire team. Ammo in this game is limited especially with no weapon spawn and the fast rate at which guns despawn (annoying) .

Maybe that is how shooters are going to be, just jam packed with all this stuff that makes people feel they are getting a good deal for 60 bucks. I just think what they get in return is a game that really doesn't require any great plan or skill to execute. In a way it seems most of these games are fought very passively where you react to what the other person does and to be honest, that's really not how halo was made in the first place. The idea of halo as a sandbox game was to really take the game where you wanted to go with it. I felt like I could do a lot more in the first 3 games than I could in Halo Reach or in the current installment. Now I feel like I'm making decisions based on what the other team was doing. Customizing my classes is just one way of doing this. In the old Halos you really had to work to make something happen, especially using teamwork, now its much more individualized.

Ah well, i've come to terms to accept that the old halo style probably won't ever be born again, but one can hope right? Best way to seeing that possibility is to just keep pointing out what made halo great in the first place.

You are supposed to think more because you do not know what the other person is exactly carrying. And when you come down to it in any FPS you are trying to kill the person your shooting at as fast as possible (Either spam the gun or aim for the head for the quickest kill).

And the only time you end up spawning behind someone will most likely occur when the enemy team is in the others spawn. Spawn trapping people is fun but I am sure you can agree that it is not fun when you are on the receiving end. Instant respawn is a choice that not everybody takes.

The player should think of their ammo before they go into the enemy's spawn. You cant expect to go in guns blazing get a triple and still have ammo left over to kill the entire team. Ammo in this game is limited especially with no weapon spawn and the fast rate at which guns despawn (annoying) .

i hope this entire post was a joke. Think of my ammo? you are constantly instant respawning you will always run out of ammo if you are good at the game and put shots into everyone. *facepalm* and 6/10 times someone dies they spawn 5 inches from me... sooooo.... I guess its because i'm doing better then the other guy so the game has to cater to the bad kids.

• Like 1

In fact 343 tried a middle way and a turnback in many ways, but they added stuff without even considering consequenses; ordinance drops and optional weapon layouts. BIG MISTAKE.

What's the big deal with weapon loadouts if they're all pretty even? Ordinance drops are so-so. I can see people's point in that map and weapon control are muted because of this but I'm okay with it. In fact, if you were on an inexperienced team before against a team more experienced it got pretty old getting pwnd because the opposite team had all the power weapons. At least now, if you're good and your team sucks you can get something to help yourself out.

You mean think less since there is no way to know what they have, its just a toss of the dice. No strategy or thinking involved.

Thats just frankly not true and you know it.

Instant respawn is a choice thats not a choice. There is no benefit or strategy to NOT choose it.

Oh yes, so the good player should be punished for being good. So then what are you supposed to do after you get a triple kill? Die just because the game won't give you any ammo? "Oh no, you have too many kills, too bad for you, here is your free death. We can't let the enemies be too disappointed, this free kill will make them feel better!"

Why does is freaking matter how many people are online? There's plenty enough to play, so what does it matter. Play the game which you have the most fun on.

Well, ideally you only need a few hundred people online to have the availability to play all the playlists. Hell, I know of a few old-school text based MMORPG's who still have that much online on a daily basis, but that's not the point. The point is, with numbers waning like they are it's making a very clear statement. That statement, I think, is this- people don't like Halo 4 that much. It took Reach a lot longer to drop as low as what Halo 4 has after only 1 month. Even now Reach still has almost as many online as Halo 4 does. If the numbers are between 100-150k (maybe peaking at 200k on a really good day) now, then what will they be in a year? Half of this or less?

I mean, yeah, I like Halo 4 and I'm going to play it, but this makes me question how well the next Halo will fare.

It just makes me sad to see my favorite game of all time on a downward spiral. There could be lots of reasons for this; a big one is CoD. I don't know, just kinda sucks.

You mean think less since there is no way to know what they have, its just a toss of the dice. No strategy or thinking involved.

Thats just frankly not true and you know it.

Instant respawn is a choice thats not a choice. There is no benefit or strategy to NOT choose it.

Oh yes, so the good player should be punished for being good. So then what are you supposed to do after you get a triple kill? Die just because the game won't give you any ammo? "Oh no, you have too many kills, too bad for you, here is your free death. We can't let the enemies be too disappointed, this free kill will make them feel better!"

Oh really? So when someone gets killed in the middle of the map they are going to spawn on your side? It is frankly true that spawns get switched when the enemy team enters the opponents side and kills everybody. Please prove me wrong on this, show me that people will continue to spawn when the enemy is killing them in their original spawn.

A choice that is not a choice. Great logic. You can decide not spawn instantly because you do not want to deal with the people wrecking you in spawn and if you want to switch classes.

Every good person dies eventually is that so hard to deal with? I am guessing you would like infinite ammo then that way "good players" can burn through ammo endlessly.

After a Triple I would assume you have to reload so getting killed in that time is not really a punishment, its just how the game works.

Either way I doubt you would be able to reload fast enough in enemys spawn if they respawn remotely close.

This thread has so much to disagree on.

But instead, I'll just say...

Am I like the ONLY person that actually really likes Halo AND CoD? Who doesn't feel the need to insult ONE of these games randomly with every post?

i agree with almost every post you post dawn. ive done a ranked matchmaking post id love to know what you think on my ideas

I don't really have beef with the loadouts, but I wish there was only one loadout. While customizing your profile, you could choose your preferred primary and secondary weapons. Maybe grenades too, but just those few things.

I don't entirely hate AAs (maybe Active Camo, Jetpack, and Promethean Vision) so I wouldn't mind those returning. But by god, that Boltshot... I dunno.

Halo 4's a great game. I feel it has so much potential to become so much more (fixing customs, ranking, a bunch of other tweaks and fixes). But yeah, it feels more restrictive than past Halos if that makes any sense.