Perfection condecoration fail

Eve

the condecoration explanation says that you have to finish the game without die and 15+ kills i have done this a lot of times in Dominion but it does not score, it only counts in slayer mode i think it is unfair for dedicated played who play another game type on the game and do not get any score on that condecoration.

For me this is a pain in the a55 because i really hate for me it is a pointless gametype i do really like objetive game types.

This is due to the fact that objective gametypes are not supposed to be slayer based. Meaning, gettin 15+ kills with 0 deaths should not be a goal for a person in any objective gametype. If that were the case, then the objective games would no longer be objective, but just another slaying playlist where people go to farm kills.

I like it the way it is. Perfection is a Commendation that you have to earn in a slaying game type where others are trying to kill you as their main objective.

• Like 1

This is due to the fact that objective gametypes are not supposed to be slayer based. Meaning, gettin 15+ kills with 0 deaths should not be a goal for a person in any objective gametype. If that were the case, then the objective games would no longer be objective, but just another slaying playlist where people go to farm kills.

I like it the way it is. Perfection is a Commendation that you have to earn in a slaying game type where others are trying to kill you as their main objective.

This. But, they should probably clarify on the commendation.

Yeah the original medal was perfect, no pun intended.

The requirements were Win a Slayer game with at least 15 kills and zero deaths.

That puts 4 very important requirements on the player.

First and foremost you have to win. That is a very good requirement, and one they actually removed in Reach (The text of the medal didn't change, but you could get perfections for losing. I was furious when I found out, and I found out by getting a perfection in a losing game. I resented that perfection, and would have happily had it removed from my service record). The requirement that you win means you have to get out there and make sure the victory happens even after you hit your riot. That meant in lone wolves you actually had to get 25 kills without dying to get a perfection.

Second it has to be slayer. The other team's objective has to be to KILL YOU. If they don't care about killing you and just want your flag, or your oddball, or whatever, than suddenly it's not challenging to never die. If it's slayer, then it's a challenge. If it's not, then it's worthless.

Third you have to get 15 kills. It's a nice number which is challenging but not overambitious. Fourth you obviously need to survive the whole match without dying at all. These last two are actually the least important, because they only become challenging when you have the first two.

I loved the original perfection medal. I was proud of the few I had and thought it was probably the most valuable medal in Halo 3. Invincibles were harder, but also a little over the top and much simpler. The same goes for killionaires. I love Exterminations, but they really just require you to slay and get a little lucky doing it. They weren't so different from a basic overkill in a lot of gametypes.

The perfection medal was a mark of someone who'd played a game... perfectly. It was the highest honor in Halo 3. I haven't gotten any in Halo 4 yet, but since it's a commendation and they might have screwed up the requirements again like they did in Reach I'm not too worried about it. I also admit to kinda sucking at Halo 4, but if you don't need to win the game then it's no honor at all, and you didn't need to win in Reach. If you don't win, then it's not a legit perfection.