I got Crimson for FREE?!?! Don't ban me, it was a glitch 343

woofwoof301

SO I went onto Xbox today and loaded up Halo 4 as usual. THere was a popup that said: "The Crimson map pack has been released!" I was like, oh boy, I have no money. only 240 msp. So, just to get that little yellow star off my main menu, I clicked Xbox LIve Marketplace. Instead of the usual lists of stuff we can buy, it instead popped up: "Confirm purchase: Crimson map pack". Just to be sure, I checked the price, and it said: "THis purchase: 0msp Your amount: 240msp." So I pressed download thinking it was a update, like the way they make multiplayer updates in Battlefield 3.

I finish downloading it, and then I go into custom games out of curiousity, and BOOM! I have the maps. I'm like: "HOLY POOP!" and then I launch up a custom game. Lo and behold it works.

Is this a glitch or something?

Possible things that could have happened:

• You bought the War Games Map Pass
  • Someone on your console bought the War Games Map Pass

The restrictions of use on the War Games Map Pass can be file transferred and are inherited throughout the hole console. If you file transferred an xbox profile who bought the pass, that might also be the case.

Possible things that could have happened:

• You bought the War Games Map Pass
  • Someone on your console bought the War Games Map Pass

The restrictions of use on the War Games Map Pass can be file transferred and are inherited throughout the hole console. If you file transferred an xbox profile who bought the pass, that might also be the case.

NO no, It's just me. I'm the only one on here, and I never buy anything from the xbox live marketplace (dlc). That's why Im so hype I got something for free that I didn't expect, and also worried that MS might ban me or something stupid because I downloaded something I should've.

Haha, lucky you - Merry Christmas!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. At some point they might just patch it so that you won't be able to access the maps without actually buying them - until then, think of it as a 'try before you buy'!

Also, here is some proof you should be okay!

• Like 1