crimson map pack thoughts

Caboose The Ace

37 members have voted

1. 1. crimson map pack is

• good
    • bad
    • not sure

The maps look alright. But as been said, there's really two huge issues with the map pack.

1. The maps are just too big. Not that big maps are bad, but the ONE map that will be 4v4 compatable will be quite a large one as it is. The other two maps will not be in 4v4. So, Team Slayer, which arguably is in the most need of new maps, is only getting ONE map. And it's not even a "Small, Arena map" like people seem to want.

2. The maps seem to lack variety in setting and art design. I thought, unlike many, that the starting variety was decent. Not as good as H3 of course (Snow, Sand, Forrest, Industrial Complex, Indoor Facility, Forrunner, Covenant, my god), but still decent. Haven and Solace bring a cool and warm flavor respectably, and Adrift, Complex, and Abandon bring a little something to the table as well. It is true though, that the maps all, except Haven, Ragnarock, and maybe Exile, all seem to garner a brownish, non vibrant color palate. The DLC maps, however, look to be EXACTLY THIS. The maps in general just have a pretty similar artistic feel. We'll see.

That said, the maps look alright. Possibly really good. I'm not sure yet. Either way, I'm excited to get some more maps.

The maps look alright. But as been said, there's really two huge issues with the map pack.

1. The maps are just too big. Not that big maps are bad, but the ONE map that will be 4v4 compatable will be quite a large one as it is. The other two maps will not be in 4v4. So, Team Slayer, which arguably is in the most need of new maps, is only getting ONE map. And it's not even a "Small, Arena map" like people seem to want.

I agree with you! But, on a side note I have not yet played any of the new maps. Right now, I am downloading them (98%) But I have to be at work in 15 minutes. I am excited to play these maps, although none of them are what I predicted to be like in cosmetics or size. Oh well, there is still hope in the next two map packs!

*Really hoping they put in 2v2 sooooonnnnn (Fingers crossed *x*)

*Update* I did play Harvest just a minute ago, and it seems LEGIT! =D (Still not an arena map though, but I like it best of the original BTB maps: Ragnarok, Exile, Vortex, etc.)

well just got the map pack and played each of the new maps and I am severely disappointed. I find nothing about them intriguing. They just seem like a huge level with a big rectangular structure in the middle in each of them. I will probably never set foot in the Crimson playlist again. Why can't we get a level that is aesthetically pleasing?

I would love to see some previous Halo remakes instead of some half-hearted maps

Post play impressions:

In general, I like the maps.

Putting aside the issue of the lack of small maps, the maps themselves are fun. Harvest is a decent 4v4 map, some interesting things going on in it. Shatter actually brings a muddy (lol) green aesthetic, separating bit from the others. It flows... Sort of odd, IMO. I can't easily figure it out yet. The teleporters in there make it all the more confusing. Seems like a map wtih some fun potential though. CTF seemed fun on it. Some crazy long sightlines too. Shatter however, is probably my favorite. The harsh sunlight really does add something different on it, and the map itself is a blast on all the objective game modes I played on it. The structures flow well with the combat, and in general it's a scrapyard themed map done right, something I think is rare. I expected to like it least.

I love the maps they play really well in the 6v6 playlist now i love 4v4 competitive maps as much as the next person but these maps are play really well and i prefer them over even some of the launch maps. And they probably decided to keep the 4v4 maps for other map packs because at the moment even after billions of games on haven its still not old XD

I love the maps they play really well in the 6v6 playlist now i love 4v4 competitive maps as much as the next person but these maps are play really well and i prefer them over even some of the launch maps. And they probably decided to keep the 4v4 maps for other map packs because at the moment even after billions of games on haven its still not old XD

jesus man can you lick any more ass? Lol. You just love anything don't you? Oh look! Keys!!! Jingle jingle.....are you smiling? Lol
  • Like 1

2 of the maps are pretty awesome, But the 3rd and biggest map Shatter, is just a mess.

At least this map pack massively improved big team battle playlist, now it's not just ragnarok and exile every time.

Wreckage plays awesomely in big team games as the DMR doesn't just wtfpwn everyone with the debris and cover breaking up sightlines. It reminds me of the burial grounds map from halo 2 in terms of asthetic.

They are a disappointment

Sure they are detailed but they're not fun. My old boss used to say to me, "Don't get cute. Just get the job done." To me it seems like 343 tried to get cute with the map design but never bothered to ask if they were fun.

These maps are just overly confusing.

2. The maps seem to lack variety in setting and art design. I thought, unlike many, that the starting variety was decent. Not as good as H3 of course (Snow, Sand, Forrest, Industrial Complex, Indoor Facility, Forrunner, Covenant, my god), but still decent. Haven and Solace bring a cool and warm flavor respectably, and Adrift, Complex, and Abandon bring a little something to the table as well. It is true though, that the maps all, except Haven, Ragnarock, and maybe Exile, all seem to garner a brownish, non vibrant color palate. The DLC maps, however, look to be EXACTLY THIS. The maps in general just have a pretty similar artistic feel. We'll see.

That said, the maps look alright. Possibly really good. I'm not sure yet. Either way, I'm excited to get some more maps.

Second point is really good, after you mentioned that I started comparing them in different ways in my head, I see where you're coming from.

I personally think the maps are alright, but the spawns are absolutely awful.