Why is there no Flood sighns in HALO IV?

PublicAlliance

I agree that flood shouldn't come back as enemy they were before but if 343 makes them differen't enough...Sure. Flood can transform and I would like to see flood less space zombie like and more well... space monsters :laughing: . I mean less humanoid more unique and scary( i'm not sure if they may make it scarier and keep the age limit same)

Yes but what i think is that they should have another reason for teh flood to come back.

No, that's the only reason, because that current infestation died on the ark. But it's been confirmed they w I'll return because in one of the books, a precursor says they will attack, and our fight ith them so far has been accidental, so they will come back to see if we are worthy of the mantle.
  • Like 1

No, that's the only reason, because that current infestation died on the ark. But it's been confirmed they w I'll return because in one of the books, a precursor says they will attack, and our fight ith them so far has been accidental, so they will come back to see if we are worthy of the mantle.

Exactly. Their original (and thus far only intent) intent was purely to eradicate the Forerunners who were deemed unworthy by the Precursors of carrying the Mantle. Mankind, on the other hand will eventually be tested by the full fury of the Flood and that fury, in my opinion, will be ravenous in estimation to what we have previously seen by the parasite.

All we have seen, thus far, is small pockets of the Flood. If we are to truly face them in totality (at this current stage in Humanity - H4) we would be crushed with utterly no issue.

Halo - Silentium claims it will bridge the gap between what the Flood are truly created for, their inevitable plan, and how Humanity fits into that plan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If we look at the first contact with the flood as we know it, it was the ancient humans who spotted a ship of unkown orgin on the edge of our galaxy. The ship contained loads and loads of containers full of spores, which seemed harmless. As the humans were experimenting with the spores some escaped and spread through the planet. Soon the whole planet would be flood infected, and slowly the flood would take over more human planets.

The humans fled in fear and took over new planets, which already contained life, to survive. This was unaccaptable for the forerunners and so the human-forerunner war started. The forerunners came out victorious unknowingly why the humans were so desperate.

When they found out why the humans were afraid, they built the installations to spare some time to come up with a cure against the flood. Too bad no cure was found in time and they had to activate the installations to save the galaxy, sacrificeing them selfs in the process. Though some flood spores were saved for futher studies.

These spores which were saved for further studies are the ones we were fighting against in halo 1-3, even though we might have succeded to kill all remaining flood spores in our galaxy. I still belive we will have to fight them again at some point. "a ship of unkown orgin" from where did they originally come from? Will they seek vengeance?

Current UNSC has a clear advantage to the Forerunners though in that we are well aware of the Flood and will not overlook them as the Forerunners did. That being said, I stick by my previous statement in this thread. We (UNSC/Humans) haven't even came close, not even close to seeing the full verocity of the Flood. They (The Flood) had one focus and one focus is all during the Ancient Humanity times and that was to obliterate the Forerunners. If we faced that verocity in our current technological status we would be overrun with ease by the Flood.

Again, Halo Silentium seems to suggest we will learn the true purpose of the Flood but from the hints given, it appears they are a check and balance system to see if a species is truly capable to earn the title of "The Mantle". They are a final play perpetrated by the Precursors to wipe out those who "rose up" and wiped them out (The Forerunners).

At the time of H4, Humanity is really coming into its own though as far as tech advances and reverse engineering Covie and Forerunner tech. Its only a matter of time that we (humanity) will be advanced enough for the Flood to test us in a serious manner.

Well, the last infestation was eliminated on Halo 3, but I'm sure we'll get to see the flood in action again. Halo 4 was mainly focused on the battle against the "Storms" and the Didact's Promethean force. However, I did find it odd that the flood didn't made an appearance on the game, since they showed up on the other three titles.

There was no true infestation, seeing as how that particular flood was released from storage on Alpha Halo, and not some random ship. That being said, there are still 6 other instalations as well.as the Greater Arc and many Forerunner study stations, that still contain Flood specimens. If we fight them again, it will likely be due to our presence on the other rings, or the Rampantcy of the remaining rings Monitors.

halo 4 pretty much takes place on requim and reserach station and fud and the didacts ship it would make no sense why the flood owuld be on amy of these but flood may make a come back becase they remain on the halo rings and they came form another galaxy so there still out there

halo 4 pretty much takes place on requim and reserach station and fud and the didacts ship it would make no sense why the flood owuld be on amy of these but flood may make a come back becase they remain on the halo rings and they came form another galaxy so there still out there

true dat

You know what would be real sick..... Have the Flood return with a really sick and twisted Gravemind. Have the Gravemind send juggernaut variant Flood Combatvforms after Spartans. Then once the Spartans are near defeatx have the floof consume them...but not enough to completely transform them. Just enough to where the flood take over all motor control but leave them perfctly aware of what the flood are doing with their bodies, and have them receive all the pain.

Could you imagine the chaos and total mind **** that would play on friendly Spartans and UNSC? Having to kill your commrade....but he/she is aware begging for life while the flood uses the body to attack....epic twisted fun!!!!

• Like 1

You know what would be real sick..... Have the Flood return with a really sick and twisted Gravemind. Have the Gravemind send juggernaut variant Flood Combatvforms after Spartans. Then once the Spartans are near defeatx have the floof consume them...but not enough to completely transform them. Just enough to where the flood take over all motor control but leave them perfctly aware of what the flood are doing with their bodies, and have them receive all the pain.

Could you imagine the chaos and total mind **** that would play on friendly Spartans and UNSC? Having to kill your commrade....but he/she is aware begging for life while the flood uses the body to attack....epic twisted fun!!!!

:shok:

The History of the Flood as of Halo 1-3:

Halo1

Covenant release the flood on instillation 07.

Johnson and his squad stumble upon the release area.

Chief comes to save them and eventually gets the index to fire halo.

Keys is captured and chief goes to rescue him and the flood take him captive and begin to turn him in to a gravemind

Chief finds and removes keys memory implants.

Guilty Spark wants to fire the ring and remove covy human presents and stop flood

Cortana stops Chief and the two detonate the Pillar of Autumn and the flood of halo 1 are destroyed.

Halo 2

Covenant find Delta halo and chief is led there in chase of a prophet

due to a malfunctioning AI and a prophet who unleashed the flood again on this halo

a gravemind takes over the AI and the prophet it distracts chief and the arbiter and manages to carry itself and form on High Charity

Halo 3

flood come to earth and are glasses by the covenant

High Charity crashes in to the Ark

chief then detonates the new halo ring above the arc

this destroys all the flood on the Ark

the remaining flood could be on the rest of the instillations or in floating in space in other taken ships

at the end of halo 3 all known flood threat was cured.

also i was just trying to be brief with this so i may have made an error

I am interested in seeing the flood return, but in more force and with forerunner or precursor tech.

The History of the Flood as of Halo 1-3:

Halo1

Covenant release the flood on instillation 07.

Johnson and his squad stumble upon the release area.

Chief comes to save them and eventually gets the index to fire halo.

Keys is captured and chief goes to rescue him and the flood take him captive and begin to turn him in to a gravemind

Chief finds and removes keys memory implants.

Guilty Spark wants to fire the ring and remove covy human presents and stop flood

Cortana stops Chief and the two detonate the Pillar of Autumn and the flood of halo 1 are destroyed.

Halo 2

Covenant find Delta halo and chief is led there in chase of a prophet

due to a malfunctioning AI and a prophet who unleashed the flood again on this halo

a gravemind takes over the AI and the prophet it distracts chief and the arbiter and manages to carry itself and form on High Charity

Halo 3

flood come to earth and are glasses by the covenant

High Charity crashes in to the Ark

chief then detonates the new halo ring above the arc

this destroys all the flood on the Ark

the remaining flood could be on the rest of the instillations or in floating in space in other taken ships

at the end of halo 3 all known flood threat was cured.

also i was just trying to be brief with this so i may have made an error

I am interested in seeing the flood return, but in more force and with forerunner or precursor tech.

all of that was right except that in halo CE they were on instillation 04. it would be awesome to see the flood return as to say we could have flood infected Spartans, a total raid of the infinity by the flood and the Promethean combined, the Promethean will have to fight what they were designed to fight. The flood could infect the didact but have trouble completely possessing him because his ancilla would constantly be fighting the flood. i want to see a return of the grave-mind before the didact is infected so that the flood that infects him can be controlled by the gravemind and give the didact orders. this would make the Promethean follow the orders of the didact. ---- though this could all be changed because i dont know what will happen with dr.halsey, the librarian, and jul mdama in spartan ops.