Why aren't people up in arms about auto aim?

MrFail

Doesn't it go against the core fundamentals of Halo? Used to be having skill would net you kills. Now it's like every bullet is a hand grenade where "almost" always counts. I expect things like this from the casualcod but Halo is a game of skill, or at least it is supposed to be. When I see "Halo " in the title of a game, I expect Halo. Not this watered down casual garbage. If 343 continues, they will ruin the standard that Bungie set. The standard that makes people buy Halo even when all they know about the game is that the box says "Halo" on it.

• Like 1

Its not!!! They are making the game noob friendly.... apparently a lot of people seem to think this is good but people who loved Halo because the best player wins do not.

This is something that is not going to change, I suffer lag so i accept a certain amount of deaths when i shouldn't scenarios but then there are times when i missed my shot and i get the kill, lag or no lag i missed and got what i did not deserve..

The skill lvl required is what defined the Halo series but now its being dumbed down.

Doesn't it go against the core fundamentals of Halo? Used to be having skill would net you kills. Now it's like every bullet is a hand grenade where "almost" always counts. I expect things like this from the casualcod but Halo is a game of skill, or at least it is supposed to be. When I see "Halo " in the title of a game, I expect Halo. Not this watered down casual garbage. If 343 continues, they will ruin the standard that Bungie set. The standard that makes people buy Halo even when all they know about the game is that the box says "Halo" on it.

Obivously this is a troll post but I will bite.

(1) I kinda agree with you in a way. Autoaim should be toned down

(2) All console games kinda have to have autoaim because its a lot harder to actually aim with the controller

(3) All console Halos have had autoaim

you act as if Reach by Bungie was more competitive than Halo 4. Yes, Reach had Arena, but failed. I couldnt get hooked on it and im a competitive junkie. I say Halo 4 is much harder to play than Halo Reach. Now, iv 4 had a competitive skill ranking system more similar to 2 and 3, then people wouldnt complain so much. The slayer pro and MLG variants are perfect for competition, they just need a visible ranking system to add to replay value haha.

And dont go off and talk about how the game already has skill based searches, all games do, but are not efficient enough. Reach did and I was always playing with "noobs".....and trust me I'm no noob hahaha.

Oh, the game is noob friendly? It's too easy now? Really? Why don't you go all MLG pro and show us all how it's done? If the game is so easy and noob friendly that is.

Aim assist of all kinds have always been a huge part of Halo. It's what's helped to give the series that awesome "I'm a badass" feel.

What makes Halo better than games like Quake and Unreal Tournament (See what I did there?) is that the culmination of Halo skill is NOT ONLY about having perfect aim. Aim is extremely important, and I'm willing to bet the OP gets handed by players with better aim on a regular basis. After all, most people do. But being good at Halo is about intelligence, knowing when and when not to use all the tools at your disposal, and just learning the game in and out. Being a 8/8 with aiming, and an 8/8 in Halo Strategy will run you a lot further than a guy who is 10 in aiming, but 6 in strategy.

I'm really tired of people claiming that MP games are too easy, as if they're really that good. They never are.

They've always been very careful about it too.... so you don't notice.

It's not just Halo btw, other console shooters have it too... like all of them. There are just many more easily controlled muscles in an arm than in a thumb, so console shooters have aim assist. PC shooters use the whole arm, so PC players can aim much faster and more precisely with less effort.

It was tough on me when I first started watching BF3 videos without realizing they were ALL playing on PC. I felt sooooooo bad, but then I realized they were on PC and I was on Xbox and suddenly the way they could keep their guns on target while going full auto made sense.

They've always been very careful about it too.... so you don't notice.

It's not just Halo btw, other console shooters have it too... like all of them. There are just many more easily controlled muscles in an arm than in a thumb, so console shooters have aim assist. PC shooters use the whole arm, so PC players can aim much faster and more precisely with less effort.

It was tough on me when I first started watching BF3 videos without realizing they were ALL playing on PC. I felt sooooooo bad, but then I realized they were on PC and I was on Xbox and suddenly the way they could keep their guns on target while going full auto made sense.

That has literally nothing to do with it.

Its not about arm vs finger muscles. Its about your controller. On console you have a stick that moves at a very slow rate and is hard to turn. On the PC you have a mouse which has neither of those problems.

If auto aim weren't in the game, wouldn't it be as difficult as trying to betray your own team mate? Auto-aim, as far as I can tell, has always been part of halo.

This just about sums it up. The one thing I hate the most though, is when auto aim aims at someone running by the guy your shooting at! He'll have no shields, then auto aim will prevent you from getting that last shot off. The most annoying thing in the world, is when someone runs BEHIND the guy you're shooting at, and your crosshair starts to move. I swear, the best Halo tactic would be to get three teammates lined up next to each other firing, and have another walk back and forth in front of them >.>