Don't be fooled by this "amazing" new DLC gametype

woofwoof301

Wow! I just heard about this amazing new gametype called Extraction! It's absolutely innovating and completely unseen before! I'm going to pay $10 for it!

Well guys. If you think this hasn't been introduced to Halo 4 yet, you're wrong. It's hiding in your custom gametypes right now, so technically you can go start up a game of Extraction on Valhalla or such.

While the maps for the upcoming DLC pack do look interesting, the fact that they advertise their DLC with "a new gametype" is just bogus. We've had that gametype all along. It's kind of a bum move to create a new gametype, and then charge everybody $10 to actually play it in multiplayer matchmaking. What's the point in giving us access to the gametype if you were going to sell it to us anyway? The gametype was hiding in the custom gametypes the whole time, and now they "unveil" it to us as if it were something new. IMO it should've been in the multiplayer playlists from day 1, like Dominion.

........ Everybody here seems to be missing the point.

RedStarRocket:

["...you do realise it's been on the disc since launch day, right? You don't need to pay for anything... or download anything... all that's changed is now they actually have a playlist for it in Matchmaking instead of just Custom Games..."]

Thank you sir. That's exactly what I've been saying this whole time. It was already on the disc since day one, but now they're charging us $10 to play that gametype in multiplayer. Thanks for proving my point. Did you even read my posts? I didn't change it yet, everything I wrote it still all there....

Dawn Wolf:

[Yes, we know. I mean, I get complaining about maps, but complaining about DLC playlist because it has a strange offbeat gametype that few people even care about? Really stretching.]

Nobody's complaiing about the gametypes at all. I'm just saying, this gametype isn't new or anything, it's already on the disc. It should already be included in the multiplayer playlist rotations, but for some reason it WASN'T and now they're adding it in.. but only if you buy the DLC pack or cash out an extra $40 for the limited edition version. Did you even read my OP? I wasn't even complaining about the playlists... I was complaining they shouldn't make a cool gametype, put it on the disc day 1, and then tell us we need to buy the DLC in order to actually play it ONLINE.

Yoshi:

[Quit your crying you sound like a six year old :popo:]

ok. :/ Yes sir. But did you even read the post? No tears were shed.

Interersting is it somewhat like invasion? I hope they bring in invasion.

Nope. Not close. It's more like... well a glorified dominion seems the best description. Just start up a custom game with a friend or two see how it goes. Invasion would be great, but very very very very very very very very very very very very unlikely haha

...you do realise it's been on the disc since launch day, right? You don't need to pay for anything... or download anything... all that's changed is now they actually have a playlist for it in Matchmaking instead of just Custom Games...

You didn't even read my post.

• Extraction is on disk
  • We can't play it in multiplayer
  • They're charging us money to play it in multiplayer, since it's in the DLC ONLY playlist
  • They're charging us money to play a gametype that we already have and that they've already created since day 1.

Please actually read the post next time.

i played extraction in custom games before

i dont remember paying $10 for it

No no no, good sir. I'm saying, YES YOU CAN PLAY IT IN CUSTOM GAMES! Can you play it in multiplayer now? NO! If you buy the DLC, can you play it in multiplayer? YES! Do you see something wrong with that? It's like paying for Infection or Dominion online multiplayer.

Yes, we know. I mean, I get complaining about maps, but complaining about DLC playlist because it has a strange offbeat gametype that few people even care about? Really stretching.

Besides. I don't have to pay anything. I got the limited edition. Woo.

Who's complaining about the playlists sucking?

I agree with you, it probably should have been playable in the ranked playlists from Day One. I would say that saying "you're paying $10 for this" is a bit of a stretch though. There's lots of other stuff... I mean, it's a map pack. I guess I sort of dislike the stance you are taking. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but I don't think that this new gametype is a huge selling point for the Crimson map pack. I would, however, say that people need to realize that this game mode is playable now.

Also, at least with me, you get farther in your arguments by not attacking people. I think that the reason some people instantly assume you are just complaining about the game is because of the way you bring about the arguments. Just giving you a heads up. It seems like civilized, calm discussions get more attention than lots of rage and insults. I'm just observing :)

• Like 2

No no no, good sir. I'm saying, YES YOU CAN PLAY IT IN CUSTOM GAMES! Can you play it in multiplayer now? NO! If you buy the DLC, can you play it in multiplayer? YES! Do you see something wrong with that? It's like paying for Infection or Dominion online multiplayer.

I have the map pass from DLC so i pay $0 for the dlc

• Extraction is on disk
  • We can't play it in multiplayer
  • They're charging us money to play it in multiplayer, since it's in the DLC ONLY playlist
  • They're charging us money to play a gametype that we already have and that they've already created since day 1.

• Yep
  • Yes we can. Custom Games.
  • It won't be exclusive to that forever, and if you don't want early access, don't buy the DLC.
  • No, they're charging you money to play it on DLC maps, same as if you wanted to play them with Slayer or Oddball.

Disagreeing =/= not reading your post.

• Like 1

• Yep
  • Yes we can. Custom Games.
  • It won't be exclusive to that forever, and if you don't want early access, don't buy the DLC.
  • No, they're charging you money to play it on DLC maps, same as if you wanted to play them with Slayer or Oddball.

Disagreeing =/= not reading your post.

HAHA I'm sorry sir. I meant multiplayer as in multiplayer, as in ONLINE multiplayer, not custom games. ---- And then suddenly! THere is light! ARe they offering Extraction only as early access? I always assumed it was going to be DLC exclusive forever. If that is not so, then I am highly mistaken in this post. -_-

I agree with you, it probably should have been playable in the ranked playlists from Day One. I would say that saying "you're paying $10 for this" is a bit of a stretch though. There's lots of other stuff... I mean, it's a map pack. I guess I sort of dislike the stance you are taking. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but I don't think that this new gametype is a huge selling point for the Crimson map pack. I would, however, say that people need to realize that this game mode is playable now.

Also, at least with me, you get farther in your arguments by not attacking people. I think that the reason some people instantly assume you are just complaining about the game is because of the way you bring about the arguments. Just giving you a heads up. It seems like civilized, calm discussions get more attention than lots of rage and insults. I'm just observing :)

Thank you sir. I guess you are right. Every once in a while I get over my head by some other kids who act the same way I do. My kind of behavior is contagious. :/

• Like 1

ARe they offering Extraction only as early access? I always assumed it was going to be DLC exclusive forever.

I'm pretty sure they said it would be available in its own playlist at some point, so as far as I know once they've worked out how popular it is they'll decide whether to bring it in as a permanent thing or put it on rotation. But it'll definitely be available without the map packs at some point!

The new playlist isn't Extraction...It is a DLC only playlist like they have always had when new maps are released. Except this time they made it better for others whom may not have the money to buy the DLC. In older Halo games, one would need the newer maps in order to play the majority of gametypes. Now, they isolated ONE playlist for all the new maps. Extraction is basically Dominion anyway...Except a little cooler.

I'm pretty sure they said it would be available in its own playlist at some point, so as far as I know once they've worked out how popular it is they'll decide whether to bring it in as a permanent thing or put it on rotation. But it'll definitely be available without the map packs at some point!

Oh ok. My fault with the hostility btw.

For some reason I got mine for free, so I got to try out Extraction in online multiplayer. IT's not..... bad I guess.