so, who here hates the kill cam?

Eireannach

see title - I know how I died, in every case except for being assasinated and sniped...and you don't get it for those. The new feature of watching the last kill annoys the hell out of me too...I see no point in it.

I'd LOVE to see a toggle option somewhere to turn them the hell off - and/or the ability to skip the last kill cam...

If you don't want to view it every time you die, just immediately press the X button. As for the final kill-cam of a match, you're just going to have to deal with that one. It's only about a second or two long, and is it really that big a deal? I don't think waiting an extra second or two is going to cause any harm.

• Like 1

If you don't want to view it every time you die, just immediately press the X button. As for the final kill-cam of a match, you're just going to have to deal with that one. It's only about a second or two long, and is it really that big a deal? I don't think waiting an extra second or two is going to cause any harm.

I do, and when I do, I instantly respawn, thus locking me from my other loadouts

Some gametypes don't have instant respawn. Besides the point is why even add it? Who the hell wants to see their death that literally just happened

I do, and when I do, I instantly respawn, thus locking me from my other loadouts

To the OP: Then as soon as you spawn, press start and select your next loadout. Really this isn't that difficult.

To Corter: Some people would like to know exactly someone killed them, and the kill-cams let them do so without having to wait for the game to end, find and load up the game in Theatre, and then find that one death they're curious about. For those that want it, it's there for them. For those who don't care for it, you can simply skip it. Yes, some gametypes don't have instant respawn, but I do believe some gametypes also disable kill-cams. I'm not sure which do as I mostly play Infinity Slayer, but I haven't noticed kill-cams in some gametypes I've played like Dominion and CTF. I could be wrong, but I don't know.

• Like 1

I like the kill cam. It lets me know 2 things. 1) What happened and where it came from if I didn't know 2) It shows you your connection to that player. If it looks like the player is disoriented on meth, bad connection. If it looks like a normal kill, you have a good connection with that player.

Some gametypes don't have instant respawn. Besides the point is why even add it? Who the hell wants to see their death that literally just happened

Well, it's very useful if you don't know how you died, or if you want to find someone who's camping, or for discovering how bad your lag is (emptying a clip from the SAW into someone and not even damaging them, for example).

Personally I'm not a fan of it: I don't think it's 'bad' or anything, I just don't like it. The ability to toggle it on and off by default would be nice, as while I'm not interested in watching them it wouldn't be fair to get rid of them altogether for those who are.

Yes, some gametypes don't have instant respawn, but I do believe some gametypes also disable kill-cams. I'm not sure which do as I mostly play Infinity Slayer, but I haven't noticed kill-cams in some gametypes I've played like Dominion and CTF. I could be wrong, but I don't know.

I think that was a glitch: there was something about correcting killcams not displaying properly in one of the recent patches. At the time I just thought it meant fixing the desynchronisation between actions and damage that a lot of people were upset about, but maybe it was just that they weren't displaying?

I'd LOVE to see a toggle option somewhere to turn them the hell off - and/or the ability to skip the last kill cam...

You do realize they give you an option to turn kill cams off, right...

Did you even bother looking through the settings or did you just immediately go onto the forums and start to complain? lol

I like the kill cam but it needs to be improved. The last kill cam is a decent idea I suppose, especially if you're the one that gets the last kill (and even more so if you get the last kill in a close game). It doesn't add a lot to the game, nor take anything away.

• Like 1