The Flood Was Not Defeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delpen9

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/10216-the-flood-is-far-from-defeated/

-this is an old link that i believe in

So halo 3 wrapped up with a nice little ending with the covenant alliance falling apart, truth was silenced, and the flood threat was eliminated... right?

I say wrong.

And here is my evidence

"Knowing that it faced its own complete extinction, what remained of the uninfected, stable specimens fled the galaxy aboard a commandeered vessel, destination unknown and remained dormant for thousands of years, biding it's time."

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood

As we all know, the flood are ruthless. The scary thing about the flood is not necessarily their combat abilities... a single combat form alone really stands no threat against an agile warrior. But what about 7 billion? Thats when things get a bit scary.

The flood retreated to 'god knows where' for literally thousands of years. Who knows what planets they came across, what civilazations they conquered and the sheer mass that they eventually required. When you really start to look at the cosmos as a whole, an infection like the flood NEEDS to be stopped early. And the flood was not.

So i say that no matter what happy ending halo shows or bungie or 343 wraps up with, eventually more flood will come... and they will suceed.

(THIS POST SHOULD HAVE BEEN PINNED)

The flood are the scariest species in any game or horror story. Their basically space zombies, but worse then zombies or The Thing, because once they form a colony, they become intelligent with one hive mind (GRAVEMIND). Even a destructive force like the Covenant can be overcome by the flood. I don't think there's any species out there, movie or game that can defeat the flood without a cure, except for maybe The Blob.

Since 343i said the next halo is going to be darker, I predict a whole planet being consumed ( like halo wars ).Shenghelli possibly? That's something we haven't seen yet and can introduce new flood forms as big as a scarab.

When I played a flood level in the past halos, I new I was in for a hard, adrenalin filled, scary experience. Flood scares me more the zombies simply because when you get bit by a zombie you get sick, you die, and then turn. When a flood spore latches on to you, it takes control of your nervous system and your still aware of your existence while it uses your body until your thoughts are consumed.

• Like 2

The flood are the scariest species in any game or horror story. Their basically space zombies, but worse then zombies or The Thing, because once they form a colony, they become intelligent with one hive mind (GRAVEMIND). Even a destructive force like the Covenant can be overcome by the flood. I don't think there's any species out there, movie or game that can defeat the flood without a cure, except for maybe The Blob.

Since 343i said the next halo is going to be darker, I predict a whole planet being consumed ( like halo wars ).Shenghelli possibly? That's something we haven't seen yet and can introduce new flood forms as big as a scarab.

When I played a flood level in the past halos, I new I was in for a hard, adrenalin filled, scary experience. Flood scares me more the zombies simply because when you get bit by a zombie you get sick, you die, and then turn. When a flood spore latches on to you, it takes control of your nervous system and your still aware of your existence while it uses your body until your thoughts are consumed.

yes, maybe your right and the next game will take place in sanghelios. it would be interesting if you had a 4 way battle between the unsc, prometheans, flood, and covenant. u never know. flood firefight should still come even if 343 doesnt put them in campaign.

yes, maybe your right and the next game will take place in sanghelios. it would be interesting if you had a 4 way battle between the unsc, prometheans, flood, and covenant. u never know. flood firefight should still come even if 343 doesnt put them in campaign.

They will be back, no doubt about it. 343i stated themselves flood will not be returning for halo 4, but they never said for the reclaimer trilogy.

The whole plot for the reclaimer trilogy is humans taking the reigns of the mantle, which was once the forerunners task, who had a war with the precursors which sent the flood to see which species can stop the flood infestation once and for all, and they favor humans to do it. Precursors predicted all of this.

Doesn't anyone find it strange that out of all the types of species that 343i could have introduced, they bring in a species that whole purpose is to combat the flood.

I see a Human vs. Storm Covenant vs. Flood vs. Promethian vs. Arby's Covenant vs. ONI type of battle coming.

• Like 2

I'm going to disagree with you right here and say that the Tyrant or William Burkin are the most terrifying of any game.

The flood are the scariest species in any game or horror story.

Not even close.

Also, correct me if wrong, but they never said the flood were completely eradicated.

The Flood will ALWAYS return. There is no true manner by which to eradicate them (though, Ancient Humanity found a way to reverse infect them).

That was a lie actually.

That was a lie actually.

That is debatable if you are referring to the Flood "choosing who to infect". I say this because the Flood obviously were going after ancient humanity in their bid to go after the Forerunners so the Primordium may have been lying. We will know more in Silentium I assume.

And I agree, the Necromorphs are easily the most terrifying organism in games.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe two sides could emerge in Halo 5 and 6. The Promethians being digital life, the end form of synthesising intelligence, where the flood is the opposite, communal intelligence, equality of organisms in one collective mind.

The ring 04b exploded before detonating, because it overloaded as it was not finished construction. Surely if it detonated the ark would not have green patches of forest on it as in the cutscene, and chief would be dead. I think this is leaving the possibility the flood is still squelching its way through the stars. Also that was only High Charity, the Gravemind wouldnt put all his eggs in one basket.

What i believe would be cool would be pure flood arriving from another galaxy as it is said to be "extra-galactic" at many points through the frist trillogy. Maybe when the precursors left our galaxy they came apon an enemy that overwhelmed their defences before they realised what was happening. Over millenia the flood has been clawing its way out of the dark. The forerunner flood war was the prelude to the horrors still in transit to our galaxy....?

This is only my opinion and might conflict with some topics i have not completely looked into (like theory that flood is precursor weapon, the precursors developed the mantel to protect the variation and uniqueness of each species, with flood as a weapon going against all of this im not sure weather its cannon or fannon)

I dont care if the Flood were actually wiped out in Halo 3 or not. I dont think they deserve to be in this series. I would rather it keep the focus on the Forerunners.

In a later series they can comeback. I would be cool with that, but for now let them stay away.