2012 Video Game Awards Winners

Adam91

Spike-Video-Game-Awards-2012-Nominees.jpg

The results are in here is the list of the winners of the 2012 Video Game Awards.

Game of the year

The Walking Dead

Studio of the year

Telltale Games

Best Xbox 360 Game

Halo 4

Best PS3 Game

Journey

Best Wii / Wii U Game

New Super Mario Bros U

Best PC Game

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Best Shooter

Boarderlands 2

Best Action Adventure Game

Dishonored

Best RPG

Mass Effect 3

Best Multi-Player Game

Boarderlands 2

Best Individual Sports Game

SSX

Best Team Sports Game

NBA 2K13

Best Driving Game

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Best Song in Game

Cities By Beck

Best Original Graphics

Journey

Best Graphics

Halo 4

Best Independent Game

Journey

Best Fighting Game

Persona 4 Arena

Best Handheld / Mobile Game

Sound Shapes

Best Performance By a Human Female

Melissa Hutchison as Clementine (The Walking Dead)

Best Performance By a Human Male

Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack (Boarderlands 2)

Best Adapted Video Game

The Waking Dead

Best DLC

Dawnguard - The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim

Best Downloadable Game

The Walking Dead

Best Social Game

You Don't Know Jack

Most Anticipated Game

GTA V

Best Character of the Year

Clap Trap (Boarderlands 2)

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 4

Halo 4 takes 2 categories. Nice!

I am honestly not surprised that Assassins Creed III didn't win one. They just used the same graphics from the last games and screwed up the controls imo. They could have done things better to be honest.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks The Walking Dead winning GOTY for these is ridiculous. I mean it's an already established story for god sakes.

it's doesnt follow the comics or show though, it has it's own unique story, that's like saying halo 4 is an established story since the halo series has been around for a while

• Like 1

it's doesnt follow the comics or show though, it has it's own unique story, that's like saying halo 4 is an established story since the halo series has been around for a while

Oh I thought it was based off of the comic books which I haven't read. Was it really good enough to be GotY though? I mean I've heard that it was a decent game... but decent doesn't exactly inspire a vote of confidence when we are talking about the best game of the year here.

EDIT: Rethinking it it probably won largely because of the TV and comic book fanboy population.

Oh I thought it was based off of the comic books which I haven't read. Was it really good enough to be GotY though? I mean I've heard that it was a decent game... but decent doesn't exactly inspire a vote of confidence when we are talking about the best game of the year here.

EDIT: Rethinking it it probably won largely because of the TV and comic book fanboy population.

me personally i liked the story better than halo 4's but walking dead was nothing more than an an interactive story with a few decisions to make, i dont think it was GOTY worhty, not by a long shot, at least in halo you get the multiplayer and spartan ops and all that in addition to the story

and yeah it probably did win because of the popularity of the show and comics

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

agreed but u know those zombie heads

Obviously, yet i can't help but question it, people speak of it as this Magnum Opus of gaming, while in the adventure game department, it's rather lacking. The Bladerunner Game beats it by a longshot and it's about 10 years old.