Erm... Why hasn't the Boltshot been nerfed yet?

MICKHEAD

Well it is sort of like how some caddies know all the ins and outs of Golfs but just can't hit the balls. So instead of becoming professional golf players they become instructors, mentors, and caddies with a deep and well versed understanding of the game.

And I bet if the guy from limitless were to play this game, his ability would be able to go so far as to almost predict what "random" ordinannce people might have and when they would have them if he were able to recognize when they had the appropriate amount of kills and what gun or boost a player would pick based on their current situation and the playstyle he analyzed.

He would probably also know when someone were to spawn right behind him. Man, it would be awesome to play the game like that, but I am sure a guy that smart would be utilizing his time in a more constructive manner than playing Halo 4. Not unless he was just doing leisurely things.

I feel your pain, but look who doesn't like OHKilling somebody once in a while. I think it can be used for skill if only used once in a while. Though I do agree, if you just camp around a corner and wait for people to walk by, there's no skill in that.

I have to say been playing big team lately so did nnot come across the BS much but having started playing the forge test maps its in full force there and by god my initial thoughts about the range were understated, I was killed at about 3 times melee distance by one which is more than a shotty lol.

Now it is fine having it a 1HK but it has to be less distance than the 1HK of a shotty/scattershot or else it is OP, at the moment its like a mini handcannon and I hate to say it but considering 343 are struggling to get out what they promise I dare say it may remain unchanged.

You haven't seen misery until you faced a whole team using it with camoflauge on Abandoned. They took control of the top of the tower and my boys kept rushing them like idiots until I was like, "Hey guys. We do have Grenades". Then it turned around when it neared the final 4 kills. I go a proper shotgun in an ordinance, went up there and cleaned house.

You better believe we teabagged their entire team at the end. Sad thing is I was playing with Randoms, so there was a unilateral disgust between all of us for the tactics they employed.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST WAY TO FIX THIS PROBLEM IS TO ONLY GIVE THE BOLTSHOT THE ABILITY TO MAKE 2-3(PREFERRABLY 2 SHOTS) CHARGED SHOTS BEFORE RUNNING OT OF AMMO. THEREFOR, YOU NEED TO KILL MORE BOLTSHOTTERS TO GET AMMO AND THE MAX AMMO CAPACITY WOULD BE 3 CHARGED SHOTS. IF THIS DOESN'T WORK THEN IT WOULDN'T HURT TO REDUCE THE BOLTSHOT RANGE TO 3/4 THAT IT ALREADY HAS.

You can't nerf the boltshot any more than that or the magnum would easily dominate it. The magnum already has a faster kill rate than both the dmr and the br if you manage to get all head shots.

You haven't seen misery until you faced a whole team using it with camoflauge on Abandoned. They took control of the top of the tower and my boys kept rushing them like idiots until I was like, "Hey guys. We do have Grenades". Then it turned around when it neared the final 4 kills. I go a proper shotgun in an ordinance, went up there and cleaned house.

You better believe we teabagged their entire team at the end. Sad thing is I was playing with Randoms, so there was a unilateral disgust between all of us for the tactics they employed.

I want to read more! lol

Of course, the Boltshot is no good against precision weapons that hit you from the other side of the map. Sure, it may have the advantage of close-range, but I rather be killed by an actual shotgun (or melee weapon), than that horrible thing. It's highly desecrating for automatic weapon users to lose against a secondary, even if we get the advantage of shooting first and killing the shields...

• Like 1

The bolt shot is OP guys just face it...regular slayer is not fun anymore because of it! In other halo games you were able to roam around freely and actually get a kill or two alone, but NOW in regular slayer there is nothing but camping in certain location with the bolt shot which takes away the halo formula and made into something similar as dare I say COD?? It isn't fun at all. It's bad enough that everyone starts with a range weapon which takes away the experience of using the melee and assault rife again which was in evevery halo unless you were the smart player and looked for the DMR or BR to get the edge kill, but now adding the %#$*ing bolt shot with it doesn't even fell like halo anymore..i stick with big team battle because its more open and less boltshots..just nerf it so hard that nobody will use it

I agree with Sweaty in his posts, however I would just like to voice my frustration. I'm doing great, 12-0 and I've just earned my ordinance, I'm aiming downrange and lining up the headshot, as i'm -- POW, killed by a person crouching in a corner with a secondary weapon. I wouldn't exactly call it "OMFG!!1!1 itzz soooo Opp!!!1", but I would like to point out that yes, at times getting killed by a secondary without even putting up a fight can be ridiculous.

-Inversion

• Like 1

Boltshot is not OP...

*Requires good timing

*Makes loud sound when charging

*Realistic One-shot kill range is small (any long distances tend to take a perfect shot which is hard)

EDIT: And tbh... I have seen very few people using the boltshot in comparison to other loadout weapons. If I had to do the math I figure the Boltshot would account for a small amount (lets say 0.05%) of the times I have been killed.

1. No it doesn't.

2. Yes because in the heat of battle everyone hears everything. You are also assuming that everyone has the TV turned up or has a headset. Not everyone does.

3. IT HAS A OHKO RANGE THAT IS MORE THEN THE SCATTERGUN AND SHOTGUN

And I'm glad your experience of the game is the same as every single other persons.

By your logic, if people have the same game, everyone's experience is exactly the same with no deviation whatsoever. Do you really believe that?

And in addition, people use it on every single map. Why am I going after someone in the downed pelican and being boltshotted? Because it's a easy to use weapon. I saw a guy go 28 kills in one match with it. Yeah okay.

I agree with Sweaty in his posts, however I would just like to voice my frustration. I'm doing great, 12-0 and I've just earned my ordinance, I'm aiming downrange and lining up the headshot, as i'm -- POW, killed by a person crouching in a corner with a secondary weapon. I wouldn't exactly call it "OMFG!!1!1 itzz soooo Opp!!!1", but I would like to point out that yes, at times getting killed by a secondary without even putting up a fight can be ridiculous.

-Inversion

And people always say you have

1. Grenades

2. Promethean vision

3. You can just back up

1. You don't always have grenades, and if you do it's a one out of three chance you don't have frags.

2. Not everyone uses it at all (You'll never see me use it) and even then their are other abilities that you might want to use.

3. I've backed up so many times and gotten one shotted it's not even funny and regardless..the enemy CAN just move move the left stick forward...and if they do all of the sudden your great "counter" isn't so great anymore is it?

In another forum I frequent. We have a sort of motto or mindset about things that are considered OP or are being called broken.

In a game, if someone uses something that many people consider to be "OP" many people will argue that it has counters and therefore is not actually broken. But the mindset I am talking about says that if something can easily beat all of it's "counters" easily then it should be banned or nerfed.

Grenades, Promethean vision, backing up, timing the shot, listening for it. Those are all things that can easily be beaten by even a bad player. I mean, the combo of Stealth, Camo/Promethean vision, and Dexterity is popular with Boltshot users for a reason.

And what if you're not the greatest player? Should you always be rewarded with a death because you can't think on your feet instantly or you're not the best at aiming?

The problem with the Boltshot is that it rewards campers, people who are average, and people who are good. You can toss it onto nearly any Loadout and have it perform well when you need it too.

It, at the same time, punishes people who aren't the best, make one mistake, have the volume low, don't have grenades, don't have Promethean vision, can't back up fast enough, etc.

It's overpowered because it can kill a person in one shot, at a range that takes the human shotgun TWO shots to do, and the Scattershot anywhere from 2 to five shots to kill.

If you simply reduced the OHKO distance it'd be fine. They have not. So bad players and really good players are rewarded for usage of a weapon they can spawn with and everyone else get's punished for even one mistake.

If that is not unfair, then what is?

People are complaining for a reason and they are not doing it because they want everything nerfed. It's because they want a game were people are not rewarded for being cheap.

Whether or not you agree with me is something else entirely but I'm tired of listening to people act like just because it techincally has "counters" that it means that it isn't overpowered or needs a range nerf.

• Like 1

Calling the Boltshot overpowered because people can One Shot with it at extreme close range is like calling the Plasma Pistol overpowered because it can shut down a tank.

I forgot the part where PP kills all vehicles instantly. Yes, let us bow before the logic of the random internet poster who knows all.

Calling the Boltshot overpowered because people can One Shot with it at extreme close range is like calling the Plasma Pistol overpowered because it can shut down a tank.

The pp shuts down the tank for like 5 seconds. The bolt-shot downright massacres you. One makes a risk of you dying while the other just kills you.

Whats really been ******** me off lately about the bolt shot is it straight up beats the scatter shot.

Bolt shot vs. Scatter shot the bolt shot comes up on top almost every time.

The bolt shot needs to be not a spawn weapon. It functions fine but you should never be able to spawn with something that can OHKO, no melee, no further input needed to kill. Why not spawn people with scattershots for secondaries? The bolt shot beats it at close range so who cares at this point? I'm being sarcastic but seriously...nerf this weapon, and make it worthless, or remove it from loadouts and make it a weapon on maps and ordnance. The one hit kill range is too long. If you disagree then you obviously haven't been hit or hit someone at it's maximum distance, it's pretty insane. Maybe double the one hit kill threshold for the scatter shot and maybe a 1/2 range farther then the Shotgun, I'm ball-parking these numbers obviously but what is definitive is that the boltshot DOES have a farther one hit kill range then either gun.

Whats really been ******** me off lately about the bolt shot is it straight up beats the scatter shot.

Bolt shot vs. Scatter shot the bolt shot comes up on top almost every time.

The bolt shot needs to be not a spawn weapon. It functions fine but you should never be able to spawn with something that can OHKO, no melee, no further input needed to kill. Why not spawn people with scattershots for secondaries? The bolt shot beats it at close range so who cares at this point? I'm being sarcastic but seriously...nerf this weapon, and make it worthless, or remove it from loadouts and make it a weapon on maps and ordnance. The one hit kill range is too long. If you disagree then you obviously haven't been hit or hit someone at it's maximum distance, it's pretty insane. Maybe double the one hit kill threshold for the scatter shot and maybe a 1/2 range farther then the Shotgun, I'm ball-parking these numbers obviously but what is definitive is that the boltshot DOES have a farther one hit kill range then either gun.

I completely agree. The range at which it lowers you shields are outrageous.

I NEVER use bolt shot... I use magnum... I find it the most useful to me

And I personally go against skilled players... My style of gaming is countering the bolt shot I guess, I hardly get killed by it... I usually can beat a GOOD bolt shot user

Yes magnum is the best side-arm but it is the hardest to use. People generally see the boltshot as a cheap kill so they often use it.

Well I just want to say that over the past 2 months of playing I have been killed with a boltshot 4 times. I only have one loadout with a bolt shot and that is my promethean one. Once I did a test and it showed that... (look on my previous post to see the actual results) The unsc shotty kills at the farthest distance and the boltshot and scattershot are tied. I did that test 10 times and got the same results. I think that if someone just rushes around corners that they will die no matter if the person camping around the corner has a boltshot or any other gun.

So... I believe based on my testing that the boltshot is not all that great compared to the shotguns.

Only 4 times? You, sir, are either incredibly lucky/amazingly skilled/a liar/don't play enough. Take your pick.

he probably has only played 1 slayer match rest swat grifball lol.

Well I took a 2 week brake but then I mostly played slayer. And for the not getting killed with it I just didn't run around corners like a tard. and a lot of people I have played against don't use the bolt shot.

The whole argument of not running around corners is null envoyed as many people just run around with the Boltshot as their primary, its 1HK range is greater than either type of shotty which is just wrong.

Comparing it to a plasma pistol is not justified as even when you emp a vehicle you still have to go kill it and they have a perk (wheelman) that reduces that to very little time.

The 1HK is not the issue with the BS its simply its range, reduce the range and hey presto people will mostly not be too bothered. As it stands it beats shotguns for range, it has a very wide release time, even when not a 1HK it removes shields leaving you a 1 shot kill from any other gun. So all in all its sounds more like the attributes of a primary than a secondary.

Will they nerf it??? well lets be realistic probably not any time soon...

Bottom line here is that 343 evidently doesn't think the Boltshot needs a nerf. Most of the time, the people who are against a certain thing will be more vocal about it than the people for it. My personal thoughts aside, the evidence must not be there yet in order to constitute a nerf.

It really has to be nerfed. I'm not even a competitive player and I still believe those. The damage should stay as it is or else what's the point? I believe the charge time must be twice as long and it must take uo a whole clip when charged. I feel the charge time is WAYYY to short for an instant kill. Some may think the charge time being doubled will make it hard to use, but any 1sk starter weapon should be like that.

Boltshot is not OP...

*Requires good timing

*Makes loud sound when charging

*Realistic One-shot kill range is small (any long distances tend to take a perfect shot which is hard)

EDIT: And tbh... I have seen very few people using the boltshot in comparison to other loadout weapons. If I had to do the math I figure the Boltshot would account for a small amount (lets say 0.05%) of the times I have been killed.

People use it ALL THE TIME in Dominion. And i mean ALL THE TIME

People use it ALL THE TIME in Dominion. And i mean ALL THE TIME

Dominion is very suited to it as players can camp with it and the enemy has no choice but to come at them, where as in slayer you can often just avoid the boltshot.

Its amazing how often I switch to boltshot automatically these days, never before have i so instinctively used a secondary on a regular basis.