The pulse grenade

Twisted Oracle

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this grenade is a waste of spartan points

For me it just does not pack a punch, the aoe drain is cool but shooting someone with a plasma pistol will kill them faster

Im not trying to complain or anything just starting a community discussion about roles that the grenade plays in the battlefield

post what you guys think

• Like 2

I think they work best for keeping the enemy from pursuing you or for defending an objective. If your shields are popped and you head down a narrow enough pathway, toss one behind you to keep them from chasing you down. If you're trying to defend your flag in CTF or prevent them from entering one of your bases in Dominion, these grenades can come in handy.

• Like 2

I think they work best for keeping the enemy from pursuing you or for defending an objective. If your shields are popped and you head down a narrow enough pathway, toss one behind you to keep them from chasing you down. If you're trying to defend your flag in CTF or prevent them from entering one of your bases in Dominion, these grenades can come in handy.

i find that any grenade works just as well in this situation, but thanks for your input :)

• Like 1

there good for clearing out a hill, the orange seens to scare everyone out

That seems to be about the only use for it. I once got an overkill by just chucking 2 Pulse Grenades into a hill. Then again, i probably could've used Frags and have the same results. All in all, the Pulse Grenade just doesn't stand out as a grenade. It has about the same shield drain as a Frag, can't kill in one hit like a Plasma grenade, and you only start with one. Not very useful if you ask me.

I love the Pulse! True, it does have a learning curve, but when you get a kill with it it's oh so satisfying. My favorite is to throw it behind someone during a firefight and then making them back up into the aoe just in time for the implosion! It's also best on close quarters maps. Kinda useless on maps like Ragnarok and such.

I like it when playing on maps with choke points. Stick one of those in the hallway so it blocks it and it gives you enough time to recharge or for buddies to show up and hold them off.

Its more of a delaying grenade than anything, not great for damage as its just too slow to go boom and its AoE just after you toss it is very weak.

Glad to see that I'm not the only person struggling to see the point of these in multi-player They don't seem to have an obvious advantage unlike plasma (stick) and frag (bounce). If they let you have the same number as frag then they'd at least make good choke point control weapons.