Tips anyone?

Delpen9

I'm great at halo 4, even so that i use no ordnance and still make a k/d spread in the +double digits for each game. I noticed that i would either make an amazing k/d spread or a downright pitiful spread. I do better on smaller maps but i normally get pounded on exile, abandon, and all other mid to long range maps excluding Ragnarok. Can someone give me pro tips and advice to survive on these maps??????? I would appreciate any help with my gameplay not just on these maps!

• 1 month later...

So I take it that you want advice on how to play non-competitive large maps? Okay, I'll try my best to help you with that.

#1. Utilize the vehicles presented on the map. Whether that be getting a running riot with the mantis, or simply using a mongoose to secure a power weapon faster than others, it is for the best.

#2. Playstyle/ Loadout - Primary. I would highly recommend the DMR as your primary weapon, it kills the fastest with the highest consistency and has a very long range. This will enable you to play as laid back as you can (if you want a high score this is crucial) and not be very aggresive. Push for the best point on the map, and hole it down.

#3. Time and control all of the power weapons that are presented to you. It is vital that you aquire valuable weapons (sniper, rockets, laser, etc..) to help you progress to your next ordinance.

These are just some of the ideas that I could think of, off of the top of my head. Anyways, good luck and follow these guidelines, I hope you see an improvement in your gameplay.

-Inversion

This is out of date and doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I have adapted to arena gameplay and rarely play big team, though when i do play i do very good normally getting around 20-30 kills a game with around 1-15 deaths depending on my team. I have noticed that the ONLY time i ever might play badly in this game is if i have a poor team and i am simply carrying them(though this is normally the case when i am playing any gametype, but this is to an even greater extent). My k/d is rising with each game though it is slacking because i started playing halo 4 with extremely little competitive experiance, and now I'm about at the level of a semi-pro.

This is out of date and doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I have adapted to arena gameplay and rarely play big team, though when i do play i do very good normally getting around 20-30 kills a game with around 1-15 deaths depending on my team. I have noticed that the ONLY time i ever might play badly in this game is if i have a poor team and i am simply carrying them(though this is normally the case when i am playing any gametype, but this is to an even greater extent). My k/d is rising with each game though it is slacking because i started playing halo 4 with extremely little competitive experiance, and now I'm about at the level of a semi-pro.

It just makes me giddy that people are still interested in competitive play for Halo. Good job for learning so quickly and taking the time to get better.

-Inversion

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like vehicles cuz they feel like a crutch. I like to be able to perform well in any circumstance, and if there are no vehicles then I don't want to be screwed.

Same reason I don't use Jetpack, because most competitive settings don't allow them. So why even practice with it?

look on my topic MLG pro tips i got a few tips

I'm great at halo 4, even so that i use no ordnance and still make a k/d spread in the +double digits for each game. I noticed that i would either make an amazing k/d spread or a downright pitiful spread. I do better on smaller maps but i normally get pounded on exile, abandon, and all other mid to long range maps excluding Ragnarok. Can someone give me pro tips and advice to survive on these maps??????? I would appreciate any help with my gameplay not just on these maps!

wow no need to show off dude 

If he was trying to show off he would be posting his Halotracker. Though I will be the first to say that it isn't a totally accurate reflection of skill, but most people like to use it for bragging rights.

"Haha, look at my 3.00 KD and my 50HTR, I am so MLG!"

• 2 weeks later...

i got a few tips on abandon seeing as its my favorite map. 

1. Check where your team mates are odds are most your battles will be on the beach, top mid and bottom floor. 

2. Rush for power weapons and pre nade the area. Such as going for scatter shot which i think if your playing infinity is the most important weapon

3. When you get a sniper, postion yourself on the beach, in the purp side cliff and have a escape route in my mind when the other team gets pissed because your taking all there heads off. 

4. If you go top mid, make sure your with your team or a team mate. Odds are by yourself you'll be shotgun, boltshotted etc if they have map control. 

Hope these couple tips help! 

Grab a DMR and plenty of cover, practise your tracking and obviously aim, don't rush like an idiot.