Halo 5 and 6 plot ideas?

Delpen9

Anyone seen Halo 4 legendary ending? (Master Chief is becoming a forerunner!!!)

In Halo 5, it all starts with Master Chief aboard infinity and they find out M.C is a forerunner. While a Dr. is studying M.C Infinity is overun by Prometheans and M.C is captured by the Prometheans and is teleported somewhere. On Earth, scientests have uncovered a piece of Cortana that could bring her back but everything goes wrong and Cortana isn't A.I but a human now. You play as Cortana in spartan armour to go aboard Infinity and when you get aboard you find its teeming with flood. Cortana runs through the ship and goes through a slipspace portal and ends up on Forerunner home world which has been completely repopulated by the Forerunners. You meet M.C whos in Forerunner armour and is pretty much one of them now. Cortana kisses M.C which turns her back into an A.I and M.C back into a spartan. You and your A.I have a nice chat when Prometheans attack you. The forerunner homeworld is hit by the flood infected infinity and M.C meets the Didact again and instead of pushing the Didact into a orange portal they work together to fight the flood. Didact and M.C go through slipspace portal created by the Forerunner leader (before he dies). M.C and the Didact come out to find a welcoming party.

Halo 6: The Storm faction (Rouge Covennant) find earth at the same time as the Shang-Helis. Humans and Elites form a truce and destroy the storm faction. The Humans and Elites hear a familiar voice... the prophets have been brought back to life! While the Humans and Elites are engaged against the Covennant the flood find a way onto earth and start to spread viciously across it. M.C is put into a very smart missile and is fired at the Covennant mega cruiser which is in orbit with earth. M.C boards the cruiser and while he is aboard he mutates into a forerunner and goes on a rampage in Promethean commander armour. Earth is evacuated as the last cities are infected which turns Earth into a massive green ball of sludge. M.C kills all the prophets (again) but crash lands the cruiser into earth where he fights off tons of flood in still being in his Promethean form. Master Chief is getting pelted down by the flood while the Didact searches for ancient artifact on one of the halo arrays. Humanity gets a report that the famous Master Chief is dead. The Didact decides to activate the Halo array. The array is activated and all sentinal life in the universe is destroyed.

Master Chief isn't a forerunner, he's still human. So that seems to be a huge flaw in your story, but the general outline of the story is good.

Anyone seen Halo 4 legendary ending? (Master Chief is becoming a forerunner!!!)

In Halo 5, it all starts with Master Chief aboard infinity and they find out M.C is a forerunner. While a Dr. is studying M.C Infinity is overun by Prometheans and M.C is captured by the Prometheans and is teleported somewhere. On Earth, scientests have uncovered a piece of Cortana that could bring her back but everything goes wrong and Cortana isn't A.I but a human now. You play as Cortana in spartan armour to go aboard Infinity and when you get aboard you find its teeming with flood. Cortana runs through the ship and goes through a slipspace portal and ends up on Forerunner home world which has been completely repopulated by the Forerunners. You meet M.C whos in Forerunner armour and is pretty much one of them now. Cortana kisses M.C which turns her back into an A.I and M.C back into a spartan. You and your A.I have a nice chat when Prometheans attack you. The forerunner homeworld is hit by the flood infected infinity and M.C meets the Didact again and instead of pushing the Didact into a orange portal they work together to fight the flood. Didact and M.C go through slipspace portal created by the Forerunner leader (before he dies). M.C and the Didact come out to find a welcoming party.

Halo 6: The Storm faction (Rouge Covennant) find earth at the same time as the Shang-Helis. Humans and Elites form a truce and destroy the storm faction. The Humans and Elites hear a familiar voice... the prophets have been brought back to life! While the Humans and Elites are engaged against the Covennant the flood find a way onto earth and start to spread viciously across it. M.C is put into a very smart missile and is fired at the Covennant mega cruiser which is in orbit with earth. M.C boards the cruiser and while he is aboard he mutates into a forerunner and goes on a rampage in Promethean commander armour. Earth is evacuated as the last cities are infected which turns Earth into a massive green ball of sludge. M.C kills all the prophets (again) but crash lands the cruiser into earth where he fights off tons of flood in still being in his Promethean form. Master Chief is getting pelted down by the flood while the Didact searches for ancient artifact on one of the halo arrays. Humanity gets a report that the famous Master Chief is dead. The Didact decides to activate the Halo array. The array is activated and all sentinal life in the universe is destroyed.

lol

So I have been brainstorming plot ideas for the next 2 halo installments but I would like to hear what everyone else thinks about the game... come on. dont be shy

I think Halo 5 should be about Master chief getting cortana back and that earth is in danger by flood prometheans forerunners and the covenant include brutes

and skirmishers. And that Master chief has to fight with the spartan IVs and the marines. But the covenant forerunners etc kill 80% of the spartans and they start glassing earth

so the infinity and other types of unsc ships avacuate earth and take them to renduin the UNSCs and ONIs Head trainig and recruitment center there they defend them selfs against the covenant. Thats all from me thanks for reading and hope you get some ideas

This thread is awesome. The idea of a Flood-infected Didact is spine-chilling, and I definitely think it's not too radical to actually happen.

I just wish someone stumbled across 343i's secret hidden diary of what they are planning ;)

Keep up the ideas!

Sorry to intrude, but if you watch the terminals, the Didact made himself immune to the flood.

Sorry to intrude, but if you watch the terminals, the Didact made himself immune to the flood.

The didact was made immune to the composer. His attempt to make himself immune to the flood failed, as a result, deforming his face to what you saw in the game.

Some people on here think that the return of the flood would be the best thing ever. I completely disagree. Halo 1-3 is the story of the return of the Flood and how they were defeated. It had a nice conclusion. Any return to the Flood story would be a TERRIBLE idea in my opinion. I don't want to retread that whole story. I want something new, and so far, I haven't been dissatisfied. I like the direction things are going. That said, here's what I would look forward to:

1. Very personal conflict. Someone has said, 'When a planet explodes, people don't blink an eye. But when you threaten a major character, people get emotional.' I find that very true. Look what happened when Cortana is threatened: All of a sudden it's an emotional investment for people, and things are MORE interesting.

2. Cortana does not return. I really, really like that 343 stuck to their guns and followed through with what we know to be part of the canon Halo universe: AI's have a limited lifespan. In this respect, she is just like any other AI. I also like this idea because it allows other, new characters to be introduced, and for John to evolve. This is called character progression.

3. More exploration of the Spartan program, especially with the shadow man interrogating Halsey. Is he out to create a new program? (Sweet!) Why does he villainize the Chief? What IS he after and who does he work for? Halsey implies that it's not ONI, but someone else. I find that really interesting and was really bummed there was no follow up at the end.

4. Chief developing new friends and allies amongst the (Old and New) Spartans. (Sarah Palmer seems to be cool.)

5. Politics. I really liked chief having to disobey orders to do what he thought was right. Creates good tension. What happens when Chief crosses the wrong people though and IS perceived as being imbalanced?

6. LESS covenant adversaries. We've fought the covenant to death now and made them our allies. It's never really explained in the game why they are present, except to say that they're more zealous than the rest. That being said, I am interested what happens to the Covenant.

7. Personally I wouldn't be adverse to them revealing Chief's face, but the community may be against it. Not sure.

8. Less goofy Spartan's (Spartan Ops). Spartan's are people, but they've been through a lot. I liked the Spartan's from Reach MUCH better.

Thoughts?

For Halo 5 and 6 I think the plot should go like this:

MC is sent with a new Cortana replacement AI to investigate a science team's mysterious disappearance on a newly discovered Forerunner planet. When he arrives he finds the Didact has survived and after a fight the Didact is about to kill MC when a Forerunner AI informs him that a huge Precursor fleet has arrived in the galaxy seeking revenge now that the Flood have been wiped out. The Didact realizes that he alone cannot fight the Precursors so he recognizes MC as a new ally, understanding MC is skilled enough to have defeated him once. The Forerunners, the UNSC, and the Covenant have to work together to defeat the far technologically superior Precursors. This would be when we met up with the Arbiter again, because everyone including me wants him to return. This would be the basis of Halo 5 and 6, but of course the details would be worked out by 343i.

As for the return of the Flood, I would rather fight the actual Precursors than their creations. I want the Precursors to have a feeling of vast technological superiority like that of the Forerunner Prometheans instead of that of Flood.

All of the ideas are awesome I am sure 343 industries will take into account what the fans want.

And it actually would be awesome for M.C. to get Cortana back; and what if the Didact was to mutate Master Chief (M.C) just before he died from flood infection thus making the Master Chief the new didact and so making him part-forerunner; part-human allowing M.C. to control the prometheans. This then allows the Storm Covanent and Arbiter's Sanghelli to reunite under the Chief as a friend/ God depends how the sanghelli see him.

Just before the Precursers return with more trials for the mantle of responsibilty....

*End Cutscene*

Once Master Chief prooves his metal against the precursers; he is finally given access to his personal records which leads him to find his Parents on Eridanus II..... Just before knocking on the door Cortana ask if he is ready for another adventure (implying that meeting his parents is an adventure) in which he leaves his helemt on the doorstep ; turns and walks into the sunset. The closing cutscene shows monuments (more than one) of the Chief spread through out the galaxy not just on human colonies, but sanghelli and other aliens erected in his honor. For conduct not just to his own race but to the galaxy.... :) Giving Master Chief an invincible effect and immortalising the hero. The screen darkens and Cortanas voice is heard once more "Its Over." and Master Chief replying "Wake Me When You Need Me."

*Roll Credits*

• Like 1

The process of getting Cortana back is controversial but I believe she still has a beneficial effect to the coarse of the game even if she is dead or not. You will remember her and feel sad in the process but be excited if she comes back. It all leads down to if Cortana being gone has more of an emotional impact(either good or bad) gone or coming back. To be honest, i think there would be more of an impact if she stays gone for a while and the slightly hint at her absence. I would like M.C. to have an emotional breakdown in the form of rage, though this would be hard to accomplish because M.C. is an introverted silent type that would be changed from a static character to a dynamic character so rapidly that a flaw would create a detrimental impact on his overall character; making him either corny or exaggerated.

To be honest. i don't like your idea about the M.C. becoming part Forunner and controlling the Prometheans. This idea seems too common in poor plot setups, making the main character seem invulnerable and less relatable to the character. This gives you less emotion toward him and ruining him completely.

Finally, making giant statues of M.C. across the universe makes me think he is a tyrant and not a noble war hero.

There is still the possibility that the didact travels to the other arc and produces new halo rings and a new complete halo array to wipe out humanity as a last resort.

I could definitely seeing the final battle occur on the greater ark. Kind of finishing it where it all started(where the reclaimer trilogy started). And maybe chief will have to activate the Halo arrays to save the galaxy though that won't happen because of Reach's ending occurring in 2589. And the Janus key will definitely bring us some new toys for the rest of the trilogy.

Master Chief is back on earth. The didact is still alive and attacks in full force bringing with him a big surprise. He has turned the covenant into promethean warriors like he did with the humans. Image the best aspect of the covenant and the promethean warriors: elite covered in some kind of mechanic armor with the ability to teleport and where the grunts operate as watchers defending the elites with shields and maybe even resurecting dead elites, jacksalls, ... They would be the best enemies ever made (for a halo game at least :P ).

So, the prometheans attack earth. You have an open world with 2 Huge cities and between it mountains and a sea. This would make it possible to have the first sea fights in a halo game, maybe even with water vehicles. Also, people loved to fight on earth in halo 2. Now, earth is more detailed ofcourse. Not as flat as in halo 2. The prometheans land in different areas with ships. The ships have devices in their disposal to change the enviroment of the region they land. Making it different each time you enter a 'promethean occupied zone'. It would even be amazing to fight in an enviroment that is changing all the time. 343 can even play with you mind in these situations, making master chief doubting reality and even himself (following the path of machine/human).

For the first time in a halo game, you will have to make choices yourself. Imagine if master chiefs only option to save earth is to turn the humans into warriors and so using the prometheans strengh against themselves. What is the advantage of being human or turning machine .... is it worth it? You can make that choice yourself, which will change the game bigtime. Are the humans that you turned into machines turn against master chief in the end? Can he make this undone and turn them back into humans?

Halo 5 ends with this (seems dark enough for that game).

Then, out of nowhere, a huge planet/ship arrives... It are the precursors. Halo 6 will be about entering that planet/ ship with it's alien infrastructure and envirorment it will bring the wonder of halo ce and halo 4 back to the game.

I don't want halo becoming far cry 3, but it can take a few things from it like the open world concept. Even maybe the system of experience points so you can learn more things like dual-weilding, staying under water longer, different assasinations ... as you progress.

What do you guys think?

None of you guys are even close to the plot of Halo 5. Come on, show some creativity. The death of Cortana, the ending, and the Spartan Ops spoilers all points to the plot. First off, Cortana is gone. If she does come back, she will only do it at the end of Halo 6, and she won't be back for good. I highly doubt she is coming back.

Ok, now for the plot. So obvious. With all the Spartans he grew up with long gone, Keyes long gone, weariness from a lifetime of war and saving humanity, Master Chief is getting old and feels it. Now, with his last close friend, Cortana gone, he looks in the mirror and for the first time, stares at his own mortality. While everyone around him still looks at him as a God, he starts to questions who he is and his past. Everyone he knew is dead, but one. The only person from his past still alive is the only one who can help him understand where he came from, Dr Halsley. Halo 5 will be the search for the tech cache alluded in the Spartan ops and saving Dr Halsely. Halo 5 will be very much about Master Chief and Halsley and him coming to terms with the original spartan development. It'll delve into the kidnapping of children for that Spartan program. This was a constant topic in the cutscenes from Spartan Ops. Master Chief will struggle in Halo 5 from both the enemy and his past. This will likely come at the worst moment against the worst threat that humanity ever faced, and he will lose as Halo 5 ends.

Halo 6 will be his rise from the depths to sacrifice everything to once again save humanity. Both Halo. 5 and 6 will be heroic, but it will mostly be a personal battle for MC. It will also bring the players to terms with what Spartans really were. One part super soldier. One part kidnapped child, put under extreme training, sent out to war , only to lose friends and loved ones, never getting a chance to live a human life. It'll likely be the best two Halo yet. Master Chief will leave the world and humanity for good. It'll be fitting end for a man who never got a chance at being anything but a weapon of war and would not know how to fit in at this point and yet sacrificed everything for its survival.

• Like 1

Halsley could make new super spartans (with the promethean uppgrade thing, maybe?), still having them one part human and who halsley needs is john to lead and train them.

John who have almost no emotions left see no problem with this and helps halsley, (last spartan ops could be john escaping with halsley and the key to a forerunner training facility to train the kids they kidnapp into spartans) I have a feeling that John will kill his creator dr. halsley (strangle) and this will make him more human again and see his misstakes, which will make him the hero the world needs in halo 6 to set things right.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently thought of an idea for the beginning of Halo 5. (Let me know what you think.)

It starts off with a view into unknown space and begins to pan. You begin to see wreckage of covenant vessels. As it continues to pan you begin to see another Forerunner Shield World with a small section damaged. The screen zooms in on that section and you see Sentinels and Sentinel Primes repairing it. Then a curious piece of debris comes into the screen. A cryo tube. On the bottom the inscription reads "Linda" a sentinel flies toward the tube, scans it, and alerts the other sentinels. The sentinels open the sphere and take the tube with them, but unknowingly allow another presence to enter. The screen goes black and reads "HALO 5."

linda is alive you div on first strike she is above earth with other spartan 2's after halo 2 events get some halo mythos in ya son b4 you enter the battle feild of the forums

None of you guys are even close to the plot of Halo 5. Come on, show some creativity. The death of Cortana, the ending, and the Spartan Ops spoilers all points to the plot. First off, Cortana is gone. If she does come back, she will only do it at the end of Halo 6, and she won't be back for good. I highly doubt she is coming back.

Ok, now for the plot. So obvious. With all the Spartans he grew up with long gone, Keyes long gone, weariness from a lifetime of war and saving humanity, Master Chief is getting old and feels it. Now, with his last close friend, Cortana gone, he looks in the mirror and for the first time, stares at his own mortality. While everyone around him still looks at him as a God, he starts to questions who he is and his past. Everyone he knew is dead, but one. The only person from his past still alive is the only one who can help him understand where he came from, Dr Halsley. Halo 5 will be the search for the tech cache alluded in the Spartan ops and saving Dr Halsely. Halo 5 will be very much about Master Chief and Halsley and him coming to terms with the original spartan development. It'll delve into the kidnapping of children for that Spartan program. This was a constant topic in the cutscenes from Spartan Ops. Master Chief will struggle in Halo 5 from both the enemy and his past. This will likely come at the worst moment against the worst threat that humanity ever faced, and he will lose as Halo 5 ends.

Halo 6 will be his rise from the depths to sacrifice everything to once again save humanity. Both Halo. 5 and 6 will be heroic, but it will mostly be a personal battle for MC. It will also bring the players to terms with what Spartans really were. One part super soldier. One part kidnapped child, put under extreme training, sent out to war , only to lose friends and loved ones, never getting a chance to live a human life. It'll likely be the best two Halo yet. Master Chief will leave the world and humanity for good. It'll be fitting end for a man who never got a chance at being anything but a weapon of war and would not know how to fit in at this point and yet sacrificed everything for its survival.

i like this but what if it is all the old spartans looking for halsey like the dssabled ones in wheelchairs that became like that through augmentations or meeting fred after a prison sentance for his actoins on reach after the oni interveiw at the end of first strike but he went to prison after the events of halo 3 and gets let out because oni has been dissolved because chief has testified to his accounts of growing up with the "yes sir" and "no sir" at the court and show a bit of that as the first cut scene and him looking at a photo of him in his youth or reports about his missions before cortana then going to the infinity asking for a place on ship "permission to come aboard sir" to which lasky replies "sure thing chief" and infinitiy's mission to be capture and kill Halsey which John finds hard to come to grips with but in the end either putting a bullet in Halseys head seeing himself as nothing but a weapon as he takes he second half of the key or takes her aboard infinity but lets her steal a pelecan to go as a last act of mercy or respect for the things she has had to do and that he understands 

have the flood come back and a new enemy seen in halo wars...    rebel humans that are fighting against you to keep u from finding something and keep a forerunner based enemy and forerunner ally in it too. possibly add the arbitar and friendly elites and add elites that are still with the covenant. also re-add in the brutes i was confused when the brutes were not in halo 4 even thought there weapons were. and possibly one more race that is violent and brutal like the brutes and flood (savage beasts) and one last request i would like to see upgradable weaponswith lights and scopes and a loadout for the campaign as well. lastly i would like to see a customizable class so you dont have to be a spatan but a marine, odst, elite, grunt, etc.

In the upcoming halo's I would like to see a backround story of the different species that compose of the covenan. We already know the humans and elites. But it would be interesting to have to have the return of the brutes. This could be done by have a war composing of the brutes agianst the elites with jackels, grunts, hunteers, and buggers on both sides. This war would be ended by the return of the didact. The didact would be trying to index all of their species to try to eradicate the humans. The didact is somewhat succes full as a majority of the forces are indexed. The didact would be stopped by the humans and the master cheif aiding the brutes and elites. The arbitor would return with a new cast of elite generals, brute cheiftans, and hunter, jackel, bugger, and grunt geberal/leader type characters. It would also be nice to see the return of some spartans that had survived reach, like Jun to team up with the cheif. The new characters don't necessarily have to be important. But it would be nice to see a head of their species. It would also be interesting if a new alien species would be intoduced bc of the didadact indexing. This could be hidden forerunner colony's or something different. Anyway the brutes and elites would create a new covenant with the humans and join forces. They return to the rings looking for clues on how to stop the didact. They discover not only the flood but a mysterious location. The flood is on the ring in hybernation in tubes or something. This is becuase forerunners were actively studying the flood in search of cures of infected persons, weakness, and ect. They could later be realesed by an a dumb mistake by the didact in a blind rage in trying to deystroy the new covenant. This could lead to the infection of important sub characters and a boss battle of the grave mind.  I would personally like to see the inclusion of new vehicles specifically the ones from halo wars and reach. For story mode some missions that would involve stealth should be put in place. Or a mission that has you drop onto the mission like an odst. I would also like to see the customization of weapons like stronger bullets, scopes, ammo, ect. I would like to see more armors and make the armors do something like add health or mobility. Also it would be cool to have more special ablities. Even though it is like cod the customazation of your characters appearance and guns is widely liked. I know this is widely unliked but think of having a character that has been customized head to toe with armor, weapons, colors, and abilities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i don't agree with your creativity comment. it seems that you are going with the more obvious plot which make your claim sound hypocritical.

Halsley could make new super spartans (with the promethean uppgrade thing, maybe?), still having them one part human and who halsley needs is john to lead and train them.

John who have almost no emotions left see no problem with this and helps halsley, (last spartan ops could be john escaping with halsley and the key to a forerunner training facility to train the kids they kidnapp into spartans) I have a feeling that John will kill his creator dr. halsley (strangle) and this will make him more human again and see his misstakes, which will make him the hero the world needs in halo 6 to set things right.

brutal

I think that its gonna go to hell because you can't play as any of the originial characters of any halos.

If they do find a replacement which will not happen, how will they try to get the player to love it with out him or her ?

Sincerly IV spartan

XBOX LIVE DressiestSpade9

I would like M.C. to have an emotional breakdown in the form of rage, though this would be hard to accomplish because M.C. is an introverted silent type that would be changed from a static character to a dynamic character so rapidly that a flaw would create a detrimental impact on his overall character; making him either corny or exaggerated.

... But Chief does rebel quite a bit throughout the series. A lot of times he leaves everyone else, so he could finish some personal business. Look at this, he destroyed Installation 04 by himself. He personally rescued Cortana from High Charity, and destroyed the halo again. Did any UNSC help him in those missions? Johnson and Arbiter, but no one else. In Halo 4 he and Cortana kept their determination to go after the Didact in every possible way, no matter what Infinity tells him...

This trend could continue in Halo 5/6, which could be the breakdown you're looking for.

What would be awesome to me would be Jul reforming the Covenant as it were before (minus the Separatists). Whatever Halsey is up to, Jul is in on it. Jul will do everything in his power to dig deep into more forerunner information the Janus key holds. It's time they seek the answers to their religions, I guess. I would like to see some drone moments by the way.

Maybe the return of the San Shyuum. There has to be some kind of reasoning behind that. But whatever reason why they'd come back to the Covenant, it shouldn't be that they were let back in. It would likely be done in secret, possibly a form of Covenant that wants things done.

They may not be interested in a great journey anymore, but now with so much more possibilities of forerunner artifacts, who knows what we can come across.