Which Halo would you say has the hardest campaign?

O-Bot_Monty

Most difficult campaign so far...  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which (assume solo legendary) campaign have you found the hardest?

• Halo CE
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • ODST
    • Reach
    • Halo 4

Yeah, I'm stuck on the Keyes level. One bar of health, limited ammo, and a three story drop through the hanger bay. That room alone has proven the greatest of frustrations. There's always one level in each game, maybe two levels, that are the most aggravating in the entire game. But a lot of it seems to be a health/ammo issue. Kinda hard to punch your way through invincible enemies with no ammo or health. :|

Yeah, I'm stuck on the Keyes level. One bar of health, limited ammo, and a three story drop through the hanger bay. That room alone has proven the greatest of frustrations. There's always one level in each game, maybe two levels, that are the most aggravating in the entire game. But a lot of it seems to be a health/ammo issue. Kinda hard to punch your way through invincible enemies with no ammo or health. :|

Is that where you must escape?

If I remember right, you can jump and hit the tip of the banshee to negate the fall damage.

I do t understand why they would make a sniper that isn't a one-shot kill. (The Covenant, not Bungie.)

It was pretty cool for glassing beams though.

Easier to use, and still deadly. A weapon that can be sprayed nonstop at an enemy accurately across long ranges is really useful. If your aim is good, it won't overheat before the enemy dies.

I prefer the Focus Rifle over the Beam Rifle because the Beam Rifle has an identical function to the Sniper Rifle, but has inferior aim. But this way, we get two unique weapons.

Halo 2's higher-rank Elites and Jackal snipers were a royal pain in the butt, but apart from that its campaign was pretty easy. I'm going to have to say Halo: Reach; probably the single most frustrating campaign I have ever played. 

I find Reach's campaign easy.

To the point where I can complete most missions without a death.

I find Reach's campaign easy.

To the point where I can complete most missions without a death.

Good to know I'm not the only person who finds it very easy. DMR owns all lesser aliens, and plasma pistol plus DMR owns everything else.

Problem is the DMR isn't found in most of the game so a strategy Halo games never use comes to play. Burst fire the Assault Rifle and it basically kills everything.

Good to know I'm not the only person who finds it very easy. DMR owns all lesser aliens, and plasma pistol plus DMR owns everything else.

Problem is the DMR isn't found in most of the game so a strategy Halo games never use comes to play. Burst fire the Assault Rifle and it basically kills everything.

I've been doing that since the beta.

It was....satisfying. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's the final area, that open one with the hunters at the end that got me.

for me it was that, and that room where your shields get drained (plus with black eye they didn't come back) after pressing the two buttons. The covenant piled in, killed us multiple times to the point where we had to spawn camp them, and after all that, the last enemy (one General Elite) in the room punched me to death twice...

Anger and Crying ensued...

...And then all my hate for that one Sanghelli went away when me and my friend gang banged him to death and broke his neck.

But LASO is hard on any Halo Game so it's expected

There's only one correct answer to this question. That's Halo 2. If you've played Halo 2 on Legendary then you know that I don't even need to explain myself.

We all know why H2 was the hardest. Because of these jerk offs.

Jackal_Sniper.jpg

Definitely Halo: CE, the Library, just.....wow...it was just like LV-426. They came from everywhere...

i assume you have not played halo 2 solo legendary now that is a big pain in the ***Jackal_Sniper.jpg

all though most of the reason is of the jackals there snipers are some accurate :thumbsup:

i assume you have not played halo 2 solo legendary now that is a big pain in the ***Jackal_Sniper.jpg

all though most of the reason is of the jackals there snipers are some accurate :thumbsup:

Yes, you are correct. I haven't played Halo 2 on legendary solo. But, I still hold true to my statement, the Library was the hardest mission I have played on legendary solo.

Halo CE!

Halo 2 was not impossible like the library mission on Halo 1.. Yeah sure, Halo 2 was tough but I was damn good at Halo 2 and once you knew the ins-and-outs of the campaign it was a matter of musclememory. Halo CE was the hardest for me, maybe not all levels were as difficult as the others. But it had it's moments were you would put down your controller and lose hope.

The hardest for me was Halo CE, but the one I enjoyed the most was Halo 2.

Jackal snipers are Overrated.
I can easily get past them without dieing on H2.

^you sir^ are a lie :).. Not even the fastest covered side-step can save you sometimes.. We all go down by them, all of us.

Edited by Bob
  • Like 1