Didact's War Sphinx should be in Halo 5...

Delpen9

Exactly, we failed. Everything we've done so far, every sacrifice made by humanity is totally futile. Admiral Cole and his Protocol, the UNSC, ONI, the Spartan project and all its victims, Keyes' sacrifice, Johnson's death, Master Chief's heroism. Every soldier who died to save his or her home, is died in vain.

After the genocide by the hand of the Prophets, after Didact's first attempt to bring an end to human history, we...fail? Is this a good prospect?

It's not a good prospect, it's designed to make the player angry, and more importantly, make chief angry. Everyone he ever cared for is dead. Worse. They died for nothing, so all thats left on chiefs mind is to end the didacts wretched life.

It's not a good prospect, it's designed to make the player angry, and more importantly, make chief angry. Everyone he ever cared for is dead. Worse. They died for nothing, so all thats left on chiefs mind is to end the didacts wretched life.

It would be quite a big twist in the storyline...and quite irreversible. And many people would go quite mad.

Exactly, we failed. Everything we've done so far, every sacrifice made by humanity is totally futile. Admiral Cole and his Protocol, the UNSC, ONI, the Spartan project and all its victims, Keyes' sacrifice, Johnson's death, Master Chief's heroism. Every soldier who died to save his or her home, is died in vain.

After the genocide by the hand of the Prophets, after Didact's first attempt to bring an end to human history, we...fail? Is this a good prospect?

this gives you the "we can rise from the ashes" feeling that was barely hinted at in the original trilogy plus reach.

For all of your information i have developed a better plot for both halo 5 and 6. if you would like to read them i will be posting it within the next 2 days. The major parts of this plot will still be incorporated into the new plot. find it in the campaign section of the website.

I have an idea for, as they say in halo 4 or think it was a terminal says the flood were destroying their troops because they do not add to the halo floods in May because it is a terrible threat and controlling floods tomaaran near the end so masterchieft that has to take a very risky desicion and search will have to destroy the planet or where the infection flood but when it reaches its destination there didacta controlling the flood and the infection took hold of him and corrupted his mind by the which wants to end all life in the universe

sorry if this is really dumb comment :blushing:

Nah, Earth has to stay. Every other colony can be crushed, and Earth could get close to destruction, but Earth has to stay. We are already used to the Earth being pretty much defeated(Halo 3, the Covenant pretty much controlled Earth), but having the Earth completely destroyed would make all our efforts in previous games in vain. And 343 would not, and should not, do it.

• Like 1

You can't make everyone happy. You could always take back earth.

It would not be the same. And if Earth is lost, then i can't really figure out how could we take it back. I mean, with which forces?

this gives you the "we can rise from the ashes" feeling that was barely hinted at in the original trilogy plus reach.

Not at all. You had to fight because there was a chance of surviving. If there is an enemy so strong and powerful to wipe out the Earth defences, how could we destroy that enemy?

Yeah I wish there would have been a scarab, but remember Reach had like two Scarabs and they were undrivable.

Yes they were, but if you just see them, it is a connection with the others Halos; in Halo 4 the amazing Scarabs are replaced by these "Lichs", making no connection with the past.

It would not be the same. And if Earth is lost, then i can't really figure out how could we take it back. I mean, with which forces?

Not at all. You had to fight because there was a chance of surviving. If there is an enemy so strong and powerful to wipe out the Earth defences, how could we destroy that enemy?

In the original halos you didnt get to witness earth fall you were just trying to get it back. the only part that ever showed a fall was the fall of reach. i think it woud be much more dramatic to get to see earth in flames and you were unable to stop it. master chief could still reclaim it if he can manage to kill the didact once and for all.

In the original halos you didnt get to witness earth fall you were just trying to get it back.the only part that ever showed a fall was the fall of reach.

As i said.

i think it woud be much more dramatic to get to see earth in flames and you were unable to stop it. master chief could still reclaim it if he can manage to kill the didact once and for all.

Not in my opinion. Earth in flames means defeat. No government, no hope. Could we survive with only a vessel, even if it is the Infinity? I think not, for obvious reasons.

As i said.

Not in my opinion. Earth in flames means defeat. No government, no hope. Could we survive with only a vessel, even if it is the Infinity? I think not, for obvious reasons.

sounds like you hinted on a cheesy plot sequence. space ship full of the last survivors of a nearly extinct species must challenge the enemies which want their total annihilation. hasnt anybody heard that before? so yah... i was thinking around the lines that over the 4 years the human species grew and moved to different planets.

sounds like you hinted on a cheesy plot sequence. space ship full of the last survivors of a nearly extinct species must challenge the enemies which want their total annihilation. hasnt anybody heard that before? so yah... i was thinking around the lines that over the 4 years the human species grew and moved to different planets.

I don't like a "Battlestar Galactica" development. In that case, Humanity is quite certainly extincted. Even repopulating a world with 10,000 people will not be sufficient to prevent our end.

Do you mean the 4 years after Halo 3? In that case yes, i think humanity colonized a few others plantes.

I don't like a "Battlestar Galactica" development. In that case, Humanity is quite certainly extincted. Even repopulating a world with 10,000 people will not be sufficient to prevent our end.

Do you mean the 4 years after Halo 3? In that case yes, i think humanity colonized a few others plantes.

Exactly, so if Earth was destroyed, it would be up to John and the other colonies to fight back against the Didact.

But how long will they survive? In my opinion (it's just an opinion) they're doomed.

Well, we took back earth with relatively weak forces and master chief killed a sh''t load of Promethean and covenant in addition to temporarily defeating thee didact. I think the spartan program is the human races last hope anyway.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/War_Sphinx

Halo 5 or 6 should include the war sphinx. It is a forunner suit roughly 10 meters in height that is capable to destroy continents. 2 forunner suits can combine to make. A single war sphinx has the capability to destroy continents. The 12 war sphinx were left on the planet erde- tyrene so if these massive suits appear in a future campaign, there might be a new setting. (I feel like this would be nice replacement for the scarab but i would still like both to be in the game) im really dissapointed there wasnt one in halo 4's campaign. im a scarab lover

scarab_699_600x450.jpg

I was going to see that 2 war sphinx make 1 huge one. additionally, the suits have the face of a promethean knight making it fit well with the main jist of things.

Maybe the new scarabs can have 6 legs?

XD

Well, we took back earth with relatively weak forces and master chief killed a sh''t load of Promethean and covenant in addition to temporarily defeating thee didact. I think the spartan program is the human races last hope anyway.

First, the Covies only took Kenya, they haven't glassed Earth completely and we had a couple of frigates plus the fleet orbiting; second, Master Chief defeated a lot of Prometheans, but he couldn't have destroyed the Didact's ship without the aid of the Infinity and the fleet protecting Earth.

But yeah, I agree that the Spartan program is the last hope to humanity. Spartan-II, obviously, not that horrible and laughable Spartan-IV program.

• 5 months later...

Guys, in case you didn't know, Erde-Tyrene was the name for Earth in the time of the Forerunners (before the Activation of the Halo Array).

Also, the War Sphinx was a retired model by the end of the Forerunner-Flood War. If such a powerful thing were to appear in the next games, it should just be background appearances or exclusive to the Campaign, like the Broadsword run in Halo 4.

Guys, in case you didn't know, Erde-Tyrene was the name for Earth in the time of the Forerunners (before the Activation of the Halo Array).

Also, the War Sphinx was a retired model by the end of the Forerunner-Flood War. If such a powerful thing were to appear in the next games, it should just be background appearances or exclusive to the Campaign, like the Broadsword run in Halo 4.

Have you seen the E3? That giant robotic thing? That looked really like a sphinx...

Just wondering, any thought on what planet this is on? If it's Reach then maybe that artifact used to create Cortana is that. Chief might be there to find a way to bring her back. Maybe the Librarian's imprint left him with some sort of superior knowledge about her or that machine.

Just wondering, any thought on what planet this is on? If it's Reach then maybe that artifact used to create Cortana is that. Chief might be there to find a way to bring her back. Maybe the Librarian's imprint left him with some sort of superior knowledge about her or that machine.

I seriously doubt this machine was on Reach. 300 years and no one found it? And it seems pretty much Forerunner, if Halsey was able to manage Forerunner technology at that time, I'm sure she would've applied it to many more things than a single UNSC vessel.

• 4 weeks later...