Last level - Midnight

O-Bot_Monty

Is it just me, or is this level really boring?!

The whole campaign is fast paced, gripping, filled with large and small scale battles, and then right at the end, BAM! A new library level. Endlessly shooting crawlers with a lightrifle and sprinting at knights with a scattershot. In a trial and error kind of way.

And watchers....shooting them 5 times. Every time. First. I'd rather play bust-a-move.

The sense of urgency is just trashed though when Cheif is slowly walking across the light bridge in the in game cutscene as new phoenix is being Digisized or whatever.

Yeah, because its not like he's worried the Didact can just telekinetically push him of the bridge, right?

Yeah, because its not like he's worried the Didact can just telekinetically push him of the bridge, right?

The diadact has the ability to lift chief and move him at will, as well convert matter (at least forrunner matter) into data at will. I don't think moving cautiously would have done squat. In fact it's a plot hole since at any point in that level the Didact could have just thrown chief off the edge or effected how he goes through the man-cannons.

OOR, he could have just digitally converted the ground in front of chief into data....

The diadact has the ability to lift chief and move him at will, as well convert matter (at least forrunner matter) into data at will. I don't think moving cautiously would have done squat. In fact it's a plot hole since at any point in that level the Didact could have just thrown chief off the edge or effected how he goes through the man-cannons.

OOR, he could have just digitally converted the ground in front of chief into data....

Or he doesn't want to kill chief and wants to use him later. And Chief was cautious because he wanted to know where the Didact was, its not a plot hole at all.

I was somewhat bored of the prometheans throughout the entire game. It just felt like the same routine over and over again: shoot the watcher, get the crawlers, save the knight for last, and so on

No I always went for the crawlers first, then either the knight or watcher pending on the situation.

Is it just me, or is this level really boring?!

The whole campaign is fast paced, gripping, filled with large and small scale battles, and then right at the end, BAM! A new library level. Endlessly shooting crawlers with a lightrifle and sprinting at knights with a scattershot. In a trial and error kind of way.

And watchers....shooting them 5 times. Every time. First. I'd rather play bust-a-move.

you said it yourself - a new library level,

repetitive - yes, intense - yes

and on legendary solo - frustrating as hell when playing it for the first time

did you take the left path first - try it sometime lol