Spartan Ops Crash to Main Menu

secv

I'm having trouble playing Spartan Ops. I select "Play Chapter," but the game never starts. It goes to the UNSC loading screen for a bit, then spits me out to the main menu without any kind of error message.

I haven't had problems like this until yesterday, but then I tried today and it works...for three missions. I'm connected online, installed the disc fine, and get no connectivity/content messages.

Anyone else have this problem? Or maybe a solution?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I only saw the Game Help and Tech Center forum and neither seemed like the right place.

Well now it's giving me the "Players failed to load content" message, even though nothing has changed since the first time it happened.

I'm going to reinstall Disc 2 and see if that helps.

Nope, still doesn't work. Now the UNSC loading screen stutters when it tries to start Spartan Ops AND it still gives me the download content error even though there was no such message the first time I tried after reinstalling.

I have the same problem, and it's only with the two refuge levels (nothing can go wrong and everything has gone wrong). Everything else works, but with those two, I get kicked back to the main menu after it has tried loading the spartan ops game up (the spinning unsc logo screen after the countdown screen). I get no error messages or anything - very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have any of you that have this issue tried to install both discs onto your hard drives? It may be a problem with the CD itself so if somebody gives that a try and lets others know if it works or not? I know that a long time ago my Halo: Reach CD got pretty scratched up, to solve the problem I just got my friends copy, installed it onto my hard drive and played it off of my copy.

Good Luck

-Inversion

• 7 years later...