How Can You Call This Halo Matchmaking?

Blank Space

I Start saying I love playing halo since the start and loved the campaign. But with this halo matchmaking is the reason i'm here now.

I have a few problems with the way the matchmaking is now and ill try my best to explain it. So here is my long thought out info after having 3 days of time played in matchmaking according to my Severus record.

There a few aspects that I feel take away from the way this game was played and now how it wants to favor the less skilled. One of them is the way how there load outs and it not that u have them it the fact that halo was starting weapons and you fight for control of the weapons and the control of the map area. But now it seems you get a OP boltshot and can camp with invisibility. Loadouts is not a something that should be in halo.

Weapons on map is a joke in this halo. There is nothing that says on the map you kill someone the weapons they had disappear within seconds of them touching the ground you have to use a "perk" to pick up grenades from a dead person. The maps are empty to weapons the only way u get ammo is death. Death of you or someone close, because if the person you killed is across map the gun probably gone by the time you get there.

With the way maps, gun, and abilities are set-up there is no reason to leave spawn in a slayer based game. You have a main weapon to get kills no need to go out getting a better one when u have a DMR and BR off the start. As you sit back and get kills you get your ordinances that comes 2 steps away from you. so why move around on the map now.

The Lack a re-spawn timer. Here a fun one. I get shot in this game I have to wait for my shield to regenerate so I have little to no shields after a battle and where does this guy spawn about 20 feet from me instantly and my shields still down not going up from the fight I just had with him. I still feel like im trapped I have gotten spawned into bullets a few times already when my team has no control. The fact that this is in objective game types also this ridiculous, playing flag, KotH, and Oddball there nothing tactical about playin now a death weighs no consequence.

Im still scoped in? This just makes the gun overpowered in the right hands like the sniper. this also just makes it a camp game if u can sit backed scoped in with a DMR. shooting across map has never been easier.

These are a few things on my mind I just feel Halo matchmaking has died and being morphed into COD. I feel halo 5 you don't have shields and u get red jelly on ur screen when your hurt right?

Basically if nothing changes soon... there no way I can buy another 343 halo game which is sad cause I enjoy the campaign but not enough 2 spend $60 on it

• Like 2

Its all true, i just hate how the maps feel really empty (no drops) i miss the feeling of NEEDING to leave base because you HAVE to get a power weapon to be ontop not sit back pop a couple heads then have it hand delivered. it`s like 343 Catering to noobs and campers or just plain lazy people.

Agreed

yeah it's sad really. after reach came out alot of people complained about the armor abilities and lack of a decent ranking system. looks like they listened real well to what people were saying there. your right though, this is not a team game anymore. people don't even talk. all they do is get invis and snipes and camp or boltshot/noob vision and camp.

• Like 1

I just always disagree when people say there's "no skill". If that was true, everyone would be MLG. There' a reason that MLG guys are actually coming to Halo 4 instead of skipping it like they did with Reach. This game feels like Halo. Maybe not exactly the same Halo that it always did, but look how that worked out for Reach.

Reach didn't go so bad actually, just with all the complaints it seemed bad. There were a good number of people who thought the game was just fine too. Same with 4 really.

One thing that makes it feel less and less like Halo, is the scoring system imo. It's nice that assists count for something now, but to me it just takes away from traditional Halo feel. They have infinity slayer, why not add in some classic slayer? Just add in some gametypes to satisfy the Halo 3 fans, and the Reach fans. Limiting people to specific gametypes is pretty lame, but it's better than not giving them anything at all.

• Like 1

Your grammar was just awful. Besides your bad points I had to stomach awful sentence structure and run on sentences to boot.

But I survived and now I'm here at the comment section.

I'm not very good at Halo 4 when I was at previous titles. Do I get upset and spam forums? Well I did. When I was a noob.

This isn't CoD. This isn't Halo Reach. It's nowhere near Halo 3. It's a game developed by 343i. This is their first maiden voyage into a video game let alone a title with such gravity.

Certain Affinity developed a majority (if not all) of the maps so of course it's going to have a CoDesque feel to it. But I assure you at no point will you be able to one hit melee knife an opponent. Or call in attack dogs. Or use a predator missile.

It's not Halo matchmaking. It's Halo 4 War Games. It takes some getting used to but instead of complaining after three days of supposed game playing why don't you ask for help instead? Clearly you don't plan on selling the game or stopping playing after THREE DAYS OF GAMEPLAY. So maybe you want to take the high road and try and implement different tactics that work instead of crying about it in public...

I'm not the best there is in the game. My K/D sucks and I lose over half the games I play. But when me and my buddies hop on after work and drink some beer, the game is pretty damn fun. Whether we win or lose. Try to imagine the game wasn't called Halo 4. What if it was called Space Man Suit Slayer. Could you enjoy the game then? Are you seeing what I'm getting at?

It's its own entity. It is a stand alone title until the other two games in the trilogy get released. And you can count on them not being much different I assure you.

Bottom line refocus your efforts. The sooner you quit crying the sooner you'll start winning.

• Like 1

Your grammar was just awful. Besides your bad points I had to stomach awful sentence structure and run on sentences to boot.

I'm not very good at Halo 4 when I was at previous titles. Do I get upset and spam forums? Well I did. When I was a noob.

This isn't CoD. This isn't Halo Reach. It's nowhere near Halo 3. It's a game developed by 343i. This is their first maiden voyage into a video game let alone a title with such gravity.

Certain Affinity developed a majority (if not all) of the maps so of course it's going to have a CoDesque feel to it. But I assure you at no point will you be able to one hit melee knife an opponent. Or call in attack dogs. Or use a predator missile.

It's not Halo matchmaking. It's Halo 4 War Games. It takes some getting used to but instead of complaining after three days of supposed game playing why don't you ask for help instead? Clearly you don't plan on selling the game or stopping playing after THREE DAYS OF GAMEPLAY. So maybe you want to take the high road and try and implement different tactics that work instead of crying about it in public...

I'm not the best there is in the game. My K/D sucks and I lose over half the games I play. But when me and my buddies hop on after work and drink some beer, the game is pretty damn fun. Whether we win or lose. Try to imagine the game wasn't called Halo 4. What if it was called Space Man Suit Slayer. Could you enjoy the game then? Are you seeing what I'm getting at?

It's its own entity. It is a stand alone title until the other two games in the trilogy get released. And you can count on them not being much different I assure you.

Bottom line refocus your efforts. The sooner you quit crying the sooner you'll start winning.

I not upset about losing, but there no point in playing this game its not halo anymore I get halo for the competitive nature and 343 just wants the COD people to buy the game. the game is made for the gamer who don't care about winning. O and I just voicing my opinion on this game and how I think there running it into the ground for the dedicated fan that been playing this game. I just know a few people that wont get 5 if 343 plans to keep things they are.

funny thing is i have a 1.7k/d and 3/4 of my games won most loses coming to are amazing join in process MLG will attempt to make the game halo by getting rid of the cod elements making it add skill.

This matchmaking playlist they have out currently none of them require anything because most if not all playlist are for the cod type players.

think of it this way had cod never been out you think halo 4 would have turned out like this? Not at all.

this game is not fun and too easy if people like easy being fun thats all them but after awhile this game becomes very boring and no replay value unless with friends.

Its funny how in Halo 2 and 3 players created groups by themselves after games (Oh hey, that guy on the other team did really well even though we won, lets invite him and see how he does with us . . . .).

Halo Reach decided that they would help us with that and made it very annoying to party with friends and play against NEW people every game. If I win a game 50 - 5 I DO NOT want to play against the same people - whether or not they want to stay.

And whatever happened to Clan matches? That was some of the most fun gameplay i remember having

Easy, its Halo 4 matchmaking. HALO MATCHMAKING this is the new face of Halo.

Deal with it..

you can deal with playing call of halo but i really wont. if the new face of halo is turn to a god awfull cod game No thanks ill keep suggesting what most of the population and fans want because i payed 60 bucks for halo not cod black ops 4

you can deal with playing call of halo but i really wont. if the new face of halo is turn to a god awfull cod game No thanks ill keep suggesting what most of the population and fans want because i payed 60 bucks for halo not cod black ops 4

Lol. In all likelihood you'll probably get a midnight release of Halo 5. Don't even act like you won't.

the spawn close to you.. well that was annoying at first. but now im aware of it.. so i adjust...

when things are not the way people are used to them being.. i say .. adjust.. deal with and become a boss at the game..

Right? Back in the day people would get mad for getting spawn killed. Now they act like its the end of the world to spawn near the enemy. That happened to me the other day so I whipped out my Camo Boltshot combo and beasted my way to a killing frenzy. Cheap and noobish? Yes. Was it a handicap to me at all? Not really.

when he says "3 days of game play" he means 72 HOURS of game play. Also, why bash bad grammar?... its a forum not english class. I agree 100% with the poster. This game is far too much like CoD. I miss seeing a level 45 in Halo 2 and being fearful of getting my ass handed to me or having a really good game. Unlike in Halo 4, I see a "level 80" and I know im going to destroy him, simply because he has that "rank" because of playtime...

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. The matchmaking is not traditional halo. NO TRASH TALKING? That was one of the most fun things about halo. If you dont like hearing curse words thats why the mute feature was created. Quit complaining about how someone talked trash to you... its part of the game along with ANY other competitive game, sport, contest, etc.

Major improvements needed to add the "Halo" feel back to the game.

• Like 1