Call of Halo - breaking down how 343 copied...

rush0024

honestly, people that hate halo 4 can just leave halo behind because they dont like the evolution, and many people liked the change, even major league gaming liked the evolution i myself liked the change, sure there are some things i dont like but in the end i liked it in many categories, and halo 4 still kept its eye towards the campaign, they added a new flavor to halo which many people like.

Oh my Jesus God dude, it was NOT a evolution. The game transformed, or a better word for it was COPY. It happens not only in video games but in the rest of the real world. If something is successful you can expect others to copy. Why? Because it's all about the $$$. The problem with Halo is that is was already successful and was already a great game. It did not need it. Please try to understand that.

Rush it's pointless to try and prove a point, you are in a halo community forum after all.

Halo 4 COPIED CoD and you know it! if you can't see this, you need to pop in Halo 2 and 3. Halo 4 has no competitive scene whatsoever, not because of the nonexistent rank system but because Halo 4 lost its basic structure. I don't think there is a fix, because we already know for what audience they are trying to appeal.

• Like 1

TRUTH: COD actaually stole those things from other games and also thats JUST YOUR friends which are probably like 5 people whyl theres antoher 5 million people who have diffrent opnions and probably 3/4ths of theos 5 mil want those changes like me. :bow:

+ its amazing how many people are flaming this thread

TRUTH: COD actaually stole those things from other games and also thats JUST YOUR friends which are probably like 5 people whyl theres antoher 5 million people who have diffrent opnions and probably 3/4ths of theos 5 mil want those changes like me. :bow:

+ its amazing how many people are flaming this thread

5 million people who have diffrent opnions and probably 3/4ths of theos 5 mil want those changes like me.

5 million people who have diffrent opnions and probably 3/4ths of theos 5 mil want those changes like me.

Your grammar is terrible, however, your statistics are overwhelmingly impressive. it's a good thing those 3/4 of 5 million people who wanted these changes are playing halo 4 and keeping matchmaking alive!

Not sure how this thread was derailed as bad as it was.

Anyone have any concrete statistics (maybe from XBL or something) that shows activity levels over different periods of time? I'd like to see what the activity levels were during the first 2 weeks of launch compared to the last 2 weeks. I bet its night and day.

Like someone said previously, the people that have left the game have left it forever most likely. They don't come here and complain and try to get the attention of 343. They just leave. And why would 343 care, they already have those peoples 60$. Sure there's a lot of DLC but by and large, 343 has made their money already.

The reason people like myself and Rush and Tony and whoever are here is to hopefully offer a different perspective. I realize the chance for a thread like this to actually trigger a change is just insanely low, but its good to discuss our issues regardless.

I'm still clinging to hope that some type of ranking system will be implemented in the near future - something concrete that is visible on the console in every match and so on. Something like the Halo 2 ranking system. But outside of that, Halo is going on the shelf... probably forever. If Halo can't keep the attention of a die-hard fan like myself, I can't help but think how many more people like me there are out there. Not saying we're a majority, but there's gotta be more than just a few of us.

Play it up how you want, you got on here to complain.

So you gave us a few things that Halo has that CoD had first? I can give you more differences along with a few things that CoD now has that Halo had first.

Aiming down sights, going prone, calling in an airstrike, remote-controlling a chopper, remote controlling a chopper gunner, remote-controlling an explosive car, inaccurate hip-fired snipers, weapon attachments, wildcards, camo, minimap, UAV, counter UAV, starting with a shotgun, starting with a missile launcher, starting with a sniper rifle, using no weapons, etc are less than half of the things that CoD has that Halo will never have. Not to mention how CoD went futuristic, has trueskill, etc like Halo used to have. No matter how you put it, they are vastly different. a couple of similarities do not make games the same.

So good sir, get off of your CoD train.

The population matters not. When you think about it, people are getting on and off all the time. Halo could have more players that play at different times while CoD has less that play at the same time. Or vice versa which is more likely, but still. When you have a chart that shows the number of all players of Halo 4 and BO2 sepraretely, the population is way different than you thought it was. Daily population is the most inaccurate form of measure ever devised. Don't even try it.

This thread is so useless. Not to mention how it is the 1,000,000th one so far.

You cry about how you think Halo copied CoD instead of suggesting fixes and evolutions. That is why this thread is useless.

• Like 2

You do realise that most of the things that were implemented into HALO from, actually other FPS, not just COD, had been requested by the larger fan base for a long time.

The ranking system is coming in the future, and has been announced by 343i. Changing an ordinance is a lot better than a care package considering your getting a selection of 3. 2 weapons and a buff to choose from. Sometimes the selection roll isnt very good.

People had been mad over leavers, asked for people to join during progress, so they did it.

People were tired of waiting long times to start a game, so they allow uneven starts, as requested.

You would be suprised at the amount of people that wanted a kill cam.

The loadout system works well. The more i play this game the more i realise at how good of a job they did.

Opinions are opinions but enough of this CoD cry baby stuff. games use good working systems from other games, as has it been since the start of time.

oh ffs halo isn't halo anymore. get it through your skull reach ***

Play it up how you want, you got on here to complain.

So you gave us a few things that Halo has that CoD had first? I can give you more differences along with a few things that CoD now has that Halo had first.

Aiming down sights, going prone, calling in an airstrike, remote-controlling a chopper, remote controlling a chopper gunner, remote-controlling an explosive car, inaccurate hip-fired snipers, weapon attachments, wildcards, camo, minimap, UAV, counter UAV, starting with a shotgun, starting with a missile launcher, starting with a sniper rifle, using no weapons, etc are less than half of the things that CoD has that Halo will never have. Not to mention how CoD went futuristic, has trueskill, etc like Halo used to have. No matter how you put it, they are vastly different. a couple of similarities do not make games the same.

So good sir, get off of your CoD train.

The population matters not. When you think about it, people are getting on and off all the time. Halo could have more players that play at different times while CoD has less that play at the same time. Or vice versa which is more likely, but still. When you have a chart that shows the number of all players of Halo 4 and BO2 sepraretely, the population is way different than you thought it was. Daily population is the most inaccurate form of measure ever devised. Don't even try it.

This thread is so useless. Not to mention how it is the 1,000,000th one so far.

You cry about how you think Halo copied CoD instead of suggesting fixes and evolutions. That is why this thread is useless.

If it's just so useless then why waste your time coming here and taking time to write all of that? Truth is it's not useless, as evident as all the people who are coming here to complain about the game because it is not what they expected. These are real problems. Most if not all of these people that are coming here to discuss what they think is wrong with the game actually care about Halo and want things to be fixed. People who don't care just turn the game in and move on.

You want to talk about trains. How about you get off your sucking Halos and 343 nuts train and stop trying to defend it everytime someone makes a post about Halo 4 in a negative way. If you like the game how it is (really cant see how if you grew up playing the first three Halo multiplayer games) then thats fine. Go play and stop wasting your time making posts about other posts that according to you are "useless."

Honestly man, this is me being honest. If you can't take a step back, and see how Halo has transformed and copied off CoD's success by trying to appeal to that type of gamer, then you are senseless or just plain ignorant.

• Like 1

If it's just so useless then why waste your time coming here and taking time to write all of that? Truth is it's not useless, as evident as all the people who are coming here to complain about the game because it is not what they expected. These are real problems. Most if not all of these people that are coming here to discuss what they think is wrong with the game actually care about Halo and want things to be fixed. People who don't care just turn the game in and move on.

You want to talk about trains. How about you get off your sucking Halos and 343 nuts train and stop trying to defend it everytime someone makes a post about Halo 4 in a negative way. If you like the game how it is (really cant see how if you grew up playing the first three Halo multiplayer games) then thats fine. Go play and stop wasting your time making posts about other posts that according to you are "useless."

Honestly man, this is me being honest. If you can't take a step back, and see how Halo has transformed and copied off CoD's success by trying to appeal to that type of gamer, then you are senseless or just plain ignorant.

When people have issues with anything they find places to complain. The reason people who actually like the game are not on here in troves is because they are playing the game and not complaining about how the new features are from other games.

Honestly if you cant see that any game tries to appeal to the biggest audience they can than you are just plain ignorant.

If you REALLY cared about the game then you would offer suggestions to how the game can be improved and moved forward. Not just list things that you can find in any FPS shooter.

If you have enough time to complain then you have enough time to make suggestions.

When people have issues with anything they find places to complain. The reason people who actually like the game are not on here in troves is because they are playing the game and not complaining about how the new features are from other games.

Honestly if you cant see that any game tries to appeal to the biggest audience they can than you are just plain ignorant.

If you REALLY cared about the game then you would offer suggestions to how the game can be improved and moved forward. Not just list things that you can find in any FPS shooter.

If you have enough time to complain then you have enough time to make suggestions.

I do understand that games try to appeal to the biggest audience, but Halo is not any game. Halo MP came before CoD and it did not need to change the foundation of the game to appeal to the anyone because the game was already great and extremely successful, and already had a very strong population and fanbase.

My suggestions are to return Halo to it's roots, which a strong competitive and balanced MP game. This is how you do that.

- Bring back the truskill ranking system with seperates playlists for unranked games

- Implement a strong penalty for quiting

- Get rid of JiP

- Start every game with even teams]

- Make Specializations available to everyone

- Make a Doubles and 3v3 playlist

That would be a good start. I personally do not like ordinance drops. I perfer to have weapons spawn on the map ,because it adds a whole different dimension to the game as far as controling the map and the power weapons. But those changes would make the game balanced and competitive and that would be enough for me.

Ur right, halo 4 is terrible. It doesnt deserve the name halo, tbh neither did reach. Halo was the game that other games aspired to be an now halo is a bad lazy version of other games. It feels unfinished and has so many flaws, how many flaws were in h3? Br spread was about the only major one anyone cared about, and the people that requested all these crap new features shud play cod and bcz now halo fans that have played since ce hate the game.. Anyone who disagrees with me can kiss my ass because deep down you know its a bad game.

• Like 1

Your not gonna have much help by posting threads complaining about halo 4 because a majority of the people on the threads now liked halo reach and halo 4. A lot of the people who didn't like reach/halo 4 just sold it or quit halo games. Btw i don't considered halo 4 a halo multiplayer game anymore because it is missing the one thing that halo 2, 3 did that none of the other games did. Which was everyone starts even. Halo 4 instead is the baby of CoD and Halo.

I do understand that games try to appeal to the biggest audience, but Halo is not any game. Halo MP came before CoD and it did not need to change the foundation of the game to appeal to the anyone because the game was already great and extremely successful, and already had a very strong population and fanbase.

My suggestions are to return Halo to it's roots, which a strong competitive and balanced MP game. This is how you do that.

- Bring back the truskill ranking system with seperates playlists for unranked games

- Implement a strong penalty for quiting

- Get rid of JiP

- Start every game with even teams]

- Make Specializations available to everyone

- Make a Doubles and 3v3 playlist

That would be a good start. I personally do not like ordinance drops. I perfer to have weapons spawn on the map ,because it adds a whole different dimension to the game as far as controling the map and the power weapons. But those changes would make the game balanced and competitive and that would be enough for me.

I agree with your TS system, Doubles Playlist and specialization (I dont know why they would think its fair to give some people a specialization that others cant get).

However taking JIP would just make the game take an entire step backwards not forward. Its not perfect but it can be made better. I dont want to go back to the days where 2 players leave before the game even starts and I am stuck playing an unbalanced game all the way through.

If you leave a game in JIP the simple penalty could be you dont get any EXP for the game you left or the next one. It does not really need to be more harsh than that.

Hey guys, did Call of Duty win any VGA awards?

Hmm... Who would copy them? hmm, maybe Call of Duty copied a few things too?

Maybe some games are evolving?

Maybe you should just grow up. Halo has been here ever since i was born. And i think the stuff they added in Halo 4 works a thousand times better than it does on CoD.

Halo has never been about the multiplayer. They clearly make Halo for the campaign and the fans. Is there many flaws in the campaign? lawlno.

Hey guys, did Call of Duty win any VGA awards?

Hmm... Who would copy them? hmm, maybe Call of Duty copied a few things too?

Maybe some games are evolving?

Maybe you should just grow up. Halo has been here ever since i was born. And i think the stuff they added in Halo 4 works a thousand times better than it does on CoD.

Halo has never been about the multiplayer. They clearly make Halo for the campaign and the fans. Is there many flaws in the campaign? lawlno.

Halo has never been about the multiplayer? wow? I question if you have even been paying attention to anything really since you were born and follwed halo. sure the story is great and all but it wouldn't have gained enough popularity among people. it was h2 mm and mlg that made it very well known and h3 mm. sure some people would pay 60 dollars for a campaign. However, the multiplayer provides that replayabilty. no multiplayer or a crappy one = no halo because it wouldn't sell enough.

I'm so sick of people spewing this diarrhea out of their mouths saying halo needed to evolve. I would assume that most of the people saying that are the under 18 crowd and heard it from someone else. and anyone over 18 should be ashamed of themselves especially for not even trying to defend this game. we provide so many reasons why we have problems with things and in response all we get is "halo 4 is the greatest halo ever" or "the games fine" or "100,000 people is not a bad population". at least try and defend it and have a well thought out and constructed argument. not just "your an idiot" . why don't you read through the replys and understand what people are talking about as opposed to just jumping in on the latest page with the latest reply. seriously though this game has not evolved one bit. it expanded on armor abilities from halo reach despite alot of fans disliking them and bungie having problems with them. halo 4 = reach 2.

why am I here if I don't like the game? I do play it, I just don't enjoy it as much as previous titles. there are problems with armor abilites and other things. convince me forum, convince me that I am just a grumpy person stuck in his old ways and that this truly is the greatest halo ever created, dispite armor abilites, perks, and a low population and this halo is very competitive dispite no ranking system.

Halo has never been about the multiplayer. They clearly make Halo for the campaign and the fans.

WOW. I would really like educate you and also explain how retarded your thinking is but I think I would actually rather go slit my throat then engage in a conversation with you. Just read what TonyY wrote I think he broke it down pretty good for ya.

I have officially given up with Halo 4. Traded in it today while it is still worth 30 bucks. I will keep monitoring the forums and see how 343 repsonds to all the unhappy people. If they makes the neccesary changes, then I will go back and get the game again. But I just don't see it happening. Halo as of right now is dead to me.

• Like 1

Halo 4 does have a ranking system but it won't be revealed until early 2013 (the competitive skill rank system). Halo 4 has taken concepts from CoD and made it there own but plays so much different than CoD. Halo Reach was the worst about attempting to make the game easier for new players by introducing bloom, unbalanced armor abilities, no ranking system, terribly designed maps, etc. Halo 4 has taken a step in the right direction.

I hope you realize that most games "copy" (for lack of a better word right now) from other games in order to flush out their mechanics. Its only natural that shooters seem similar because the aspects that make up shooters are going to be similar. Game mechanics are ment to be shared as they improve the over all game play in most cases.

WOW. I would really like educate you and also explain how retarded your thinking is but I think I would actually rather go slit my throat then engage in a conversation with you. Just read what TonyY wrote I think he broke it down pretty good for ya.

I have officially given up with Halo 4. Traded in it today while it is still worth 30 bucks. I will keep monitoring the forums and see how 343 repsonds to all the unhappy people. If they makes the neccesary changes, then I will go back and get the game again. But I just don't see it happening. Halo as of right now is dead to me.

Maybe instead of slitting your throat talking to me, you can get off the couch and live your life instead of criticizing the little pet-peeves in the game. You need to calm down. Halo always told a great story, they always work on the campaign first. I think the forum needs to educate you. Bullying a member like calling him "retarded" is a way you can get banned. I don't think you should monitor the forums because i don't think i would like to see you with your foul language still here.

Halo has never been about the multiplayer? wow? I question if you have even been paying attention to anything really since you were born and follwed halo. sure the story is great and all but it wouldn't have gained enough popularity among people. it was h2 mm and mlg that made it very well known and h3 mm. sure some people would pay 60 dollars for a campaign. However, the multiplayer provides that replayabilty. no multiplayer or a crappy one = no halo because it wouldn't sell enough.

I'm so sick of people spewing this diarrhea out of their mouths saying halo needed to evolve. I would assume that most of the people saying that are the under 18 crowd and heard it from someone else. and anyone over 18 should be ashamed of themselves especially for not even trying to defend this game. we provide so many reasons why we have problems with things and in response all we get is "halo 4 is the greatest halo ever" or "the games fine" or "100,000 people is not a bad population". at least try and defend it and have a well thought out and constructed argument. not just "your an idiot" . why don't you read through the replys and understand what people are talking about as opposed to just jumping in on the latest page with the latest reply. seriously though this game has not evolved one bit. it expanded on armor abilities from halo reach despite alot of fans disliking them and bungie having problems with them. halo 4 = reach 2.

why am I here if I don't like the game? I do play it, I just don't enjoy it as much as previous titles. there are problems with armor abilites and other things. convince me forum, convince me that I am just a grumpy person stuck in his old ways and that this truly is the greatest halo ever created, dispite armor abilites, perks, and a low population and this halo is very competitive dispite no ranking system.

i do agree with some of your points. but a big reason why people buy halo is for the campaign. like you said. multiplayer is a replay ability. i personally like both the parts of the game. but now that Halo 4 has Spartan Ops. it's like a second campaign.
  • Like 1

herp derp oh noes making fun of my scrub friendly game here i come to the rescue!!.. anyways. Lets face it had there never been cod halo would never have turned out this noob friendly. Had this game been called anything other then halo I'd probably enjoy this because this is simply not halo. For them to Attempt to make halo all they had to do.. Only 1 thing.. That was make all these options TOGGLEABLE in Forge and Custom AKA INSTANT RESPAWN. You can not change any of it which is so stupid the game has tooken most of the competetive gaming away sadly but i agree this game copied cod to try and get sales because lets face it they thought it would be a smart marketing move and it failed Its kinda funny people come here and say oh we complain we flame Because in todays world your happy with whatever crap you get thats why COD is so popular because people don't care anymore there not willing to suggest or show there distaste in a game and thats why all these gamer companys are getting away with finshing these half complete games from launch broken games ect. The only real issue i have in this game is instant respawn i dont care about anything else because i can play customs But the fact i can't even change it i have to play with instant respawn is just god awful for a company to force us into this Cod with sheilds bs. The Facts show Midnight the game had 450k? online Now its down to 50-120k Thats pretty awful for a HALO game and for people to defend and say oh theres alot of games out.. Pretty sure MW2 *the best cod to many* was out while halo 3 was and they had 200k for YEARS. the ranking system is another failed move on 343 sadly. Herp and Derp guys Lets make it so you have to close out of your 2 disk game and go use a 3rd party program *sucks if you don't have a pc in your area or have memory for halowaypoint on your xbox*

Bottom line this game is like cod but i feel they rushed it to try and beat cod and that was a major backfire Online records prove it.

I enjoy halo but we need change.

Who cares if a game copied another game? Enjoy it and stay, or just don't buy it. Many games had the same features as CoD, but as soon as Halo takes a crack at it, it's unacceptable... Battlefield and Crysis both had perks, Crysis had killcams, many other games have ADS, many other games uses the flinch mechanic, etc. But as soon as Halo implements some of these ideas, it's copying....

Plus most of them aren't even copy and paste, so to what degree does a game count as copying another one? "Oh no they made a short, medium and long range weapon category, they're copying CoD" It's plainly stupid and arbitrary.

Every FPS game copied the original Wolfenstine, end of story.