They should rename this forum to complaint FEST.

TransientHalo

Yea, rename the forum to complaint fest, great idea!!!

...no. Complaining about complainers is probably more annoying than the complaining itself. If you like the game, that's great, you don't need to shun the people that don't. If they don't like the game, let them voice their opinions, it's the only way the Halo series can improve. If you think there's not much to improve on...well, you're wrong. There's always room to improve, and the game can always be better. I'm not saying it's not fun now, I'm simply saying that just because you like it doesn't mean everyone else has to, and that the game can definitely improve.

Yea, rename the forum to complaint fest, great idea!!!

...no. Complaining about complainers is probably more annoying than the complaining itself. If you like the game, that's great, you don't need to shun the people that don't. If they don't like the game, let them voice their opinions, it's the only way the Halo series can improve. If you think there's not much to improve on...well, you're wrong. There's always room to improve, and the game can always be better. I'm not saying it's not fun now, I'm simply saying that just because you like it doesn't mean everyone else has to, and that the game can definitely improve.

There is a difference between complaining and constructive criticism. This forum is, for the most part, very negative. I feel like people are simply complaining because it's not what they expected rather than discussing game mechanics. It's not enough like "halo 3" or it's too much like CoD, etc. etc.

I just wanted to add some positivity in the sea of negativity. I thought that might be appreciated, but obviously people still find a reason to complain. As-in, you're complaining about a complainer complaining about people complaining. What does that make you?

There is a difference between complaining and constructive criticism. This forum is, for the most part, very negative. I feel like people are simply complaining because it's not what they expected rather than discussing game mechanics. It's not enough like "halo 3" or it's too much like CoD, etc. etc.

I just wanted to add some positivity in the sea of negativity. I thought that might be appreciated, but obviously people still find a reason to complain. As-in, you're complaining about a complainer complaining about people complaining. What does that make you?

He was not complaining. He just merely stated why people "complain" and how it helps improve the game.

Halo 4 is not the greatest Halo but I do thoroughly enjoy it. Even though we disagree with that I completely agree with the main point of your post. People should show a little optimism and just enjoy the game. There are a few changes that should be made to the game which I'm sure will be made accordingly, but despite that Halo 4 is still awesome and the good definitely outweighs the bad. 343 has some improving to do in December for sure but it's definitely not to the point of returning the game. Halo 4 has taken CoD concepts and made it their own but is completely unlike CoD by far.

• Like 1

I haven't played it enough to call it the best Halo yet. For me that's still Halo 3. I have been enjoying it, even though I DO complain a LOT anymore. I've just played a lot of different games and it's hard to overlook flaws after you've seen how many different games approach the same problems. You learn what works and what doesn't, and you want to share what you know because you want the best game you can get. Sadly this takes the form of complaining.

For me - I don't know about anyone else - my complaints are really driven by the potential I see in a game not by the problems I see with it. I see how good something can be and I point out the things keeping it from getting there.

I have enjoyed Halo 4 so far though, and I don't think it has the same glaring issues Reach had. The grenades aren't nuclear bombs, for example, and the explosive weapons aren't obscenely powerful. The armor abilities all seem like they have SOME limited use, although much more limited than previously. I think Hologram is probably weaker than ever, but not because it's poorly designed but because by now players are used to dealing with it.

The campaign DID suck and it IS stupid how much they copied from Call of Duty. Modern Warfare 2 had the worst campaign of any game I have EVER played, so I felt almost sick when I had to "(L) to crawl" and "L to plant grenade." Master Chief doesn't friggen crawl, and I sure as hell don't. Nor should Master Chief tire from sprinting. I'll continue to stand up for what I think is better.