Assassination Interference

spartan2971

First off this has nothing to do with Showstopper. Trust me I love nothing more than jumping in and saving a teammate. This rant is about people stealing your kill while your in the middle of an assassination animation. Let me paint this picture for you. A teammate is getting hammered, you jump into the mix saving your teammates life with an assassination. He waits, watches and just at the right moment shoots the enemy and steals your kill. Now I look at my kill death ratio, but its not the fact that I didn't get that extra kill to pad my stats that bugs me here. What bugs me is the fact that my teammate just purposefully screwed me, took my assassination away from me after I saved his life. Also in another scenario, I teammate sees you from afar performing an assassination and shoots and takes the kill. I'm sure you've got the picture. 343 can you please stop this bull. If a player is in the middle of an assassination let it finish the animation and let the kill go to the assassin unless of course the opposing team interferes. I pride myself in this game on using wetwork and stealth to assassinate players and it drives me nuts when people take that away from me.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Side note: great campaign; can't wait for the next installment.

Cheers!

This, my friend, is what's known as Yoinking. Yes it's a funny name, I know. I believe the name started in Reach? (Correct me if I am wrong.) Basically a Yoink is when you are performing an assassination and your teammate decides "Hey, this noob doesn't deserve this kill. I am god of Halo, so this is my kill!" and then he takes your kill. I absoultely HATE when this happens. Like, can't you get your own kill and be a true Halo player?

It's dumb, if it's not taken out, at least put the Yoink! medal back in. At least then I can calm myself by saying "he was trying to get medals, don't betray him." I've seen people run across a battlefield trying to pummel the guy whose life is now in my hands, after I save them nonetheless.

• 11 months later...

Reach is what started this stupidity. Use the stealth perk, much quicker animated assasinations.

If only it were that simple.  I'm not going to waste a loadout spot on stealth for the 1 time every 2 games or so when I don't want some nooby teammate trolling me.

That said, whenever I see a teammate begin an animation, I stop attacking and move on.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Thread locked. Please do not revive dead threads.