Boltshot Op or not?

Devoratrix_Animas

So im a long time gamer and a long time halo fan. However im not sure what to think about this new halo. Mainly because of one weapon alone, the Boltshot. Now ive heard alot of arguements about it recently and i would love to hear some more input on it. Now in my opinion this gun is a good gun its got its ups and downs. But in my opinion the massive mistake made here is letting players spawn with it. Because for all intensive purposes it is a handheld shotgun. I dont think players should be allowed to spawn with any weapon that has one shot capabilities without suffering some large reprocussion for doing so. On larger maps this gun has little to no impact. However in gametypes like CTF or KOTH or even Slayer this has a masive impact on the gameplay. Aside from a select few maps in these playlists this weapon dominates the gameplay and is abused far to regularly in my personal opinion.

So keeping this all in mind I would like to hear other peoples point of views and or suggestions on what could be done to remedy this issue. Or even if you think its fine how it is. But please do provide atleast some reasoning behind why you think it should say why it should change or why it shouldnt.

Have fun I look forward to seeing your point of views on this.

Nope. The range is almost nothing on it and it takes half of a clip to charge up, plus the charge time is significant. I think that if other stats change (i.e. shields or regen) then it might become slightly overpowered, but for right now, it works pretty well if you know how to use it, but at the same time you can still stay away from it well too.

I think the boltshot is quite overpowered on some maps like adrift. Everyone just sits around a corner with boltshots. Several times I have had a weapon like a scattershot and blasted somebody from a good range and had the boltshot kill me instantly even though I shot the scattershot first dead on and didn't even kill the guy.

I think they should reduce the charge cool down of the boltshot but prevent it from being able to one shot. Instead take out shields for a melee kind of like the mauler from Halo 3.

Its definately overpowered compared to the UNSC pistol and the plasma pistol. Especially since the ammo is much greater than a plasma pistol.

-Play Smarter Not Harder-

This gun is way too powerful to be a secondary. I'd be fine with it if it was just a drop weapon but the fact that more than half the players in a game use it as their secondary and can pretty much get an easy kill with it is frustrating to deal with.