BoltShot OP?

Faceburn22

In my most recent games I've been finding myself dying a lot from the boltshot. It seems to have a decent range and if you charge it its a one shot kill. I feel as though this is a little overpowered, considering its like having a primary plus a mini shotgun that does the same damage up close. I think if they just reduced the power a little so maybe it took a charge up and one shot to the head? It does take time to charge up but not long at all. What are your opinions?

I don't think it's overpowered. It might be teetering on the edge a little bit, but as it stands right now, it's fine in my opinion. The charge time is long enough and the charged shot takes up half a clip, not to mention that the shot only goes slightly past melee range.

I think that as the shield and other stats stay right now, the boltshot is fine, but if some of that changes, the boltshot might become a little bit out of balance.

• Like 1

Agreed. No way should it be in an ordinance drop.

I can guarentee that if the boltshot was an ordinance drop, not a single person would choose it.

Try to kill someone with only primary fire. A whole clip only takes shields. Now, to kill with one clip, you have to get close. A huge trade-off. Seems fair now don't it?

When it's a one shot kill weapon? Absolutely it would get chosen. Prolly not in slayer but in the objective play lists, sure. The folks I've seen using this weapon ONLY use it in objective play lists and they tend to combine it with camo/stealth.

With that being said, it IS a one shot kill weapon and the rest of them are in ordinance drops. That's where it belongs IMO.

Try to kill someone with only primary fire. A whole clip only takes shields. Now, to kill with one clip, you have to get close. A huge trade-off. Seems fair now don't it?

Not if you can shut down positions on the map by just having a boltshot in your arsenal. It's not like it's a primary and prevents the player from carrying a dmr or anything. HEck, it's range is at least 3-5 times that of melee distance, and it's kill distance seems as large a power weapon or sword. It's a miniature scatter shotnwith the only difference being how many charged shots you can fire per duel. And even if you don't kill them you can just fire a quick burst of pellets and they die fast enough.

Yeah but being that its capable of killing an opponent in a single shot, it allows for players to sit and camp behind corners. Being that its a loadout weapon, its like handing everyone the shotgun, which back then was a power weapon that had to be picked up with other weapons like the rocket launcher or sniper rifle. Not to mention people often use it with the Camo AA which makes it even more overpowered.

The only thing they can really do to it is shorten the 1HK range and make it so if you ae outside that range it does next to nothing, The range is quite a bit more than melee range as most seem to think, I use it quite a bit and I have been amazed sometimes when i thought I released way too early and find myself with a kill. I am sure quite a few have had those moments when they think WTF he was mailes away!!!

Its no game breaker but a bit of tweaking would not be out of order, I would still use it but as it stands you either 1Hk with it or take their shields, all in all it is just a bit overpowered. No secondayr should be able to beat a shotgun at close range lol.