We need a "New-age" Sandbox for Halo 4

Given To Fly

New objects and scenery?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a DLC forge map with new objects and skins?

• I would love a new object pallet featuring new objects and skins for forge!
    • I would like to see at least objects that match the environment they are in.
    • The objects and skins are fine as they are.

Hello Everyone,

It is my personal opinion that Halo 4 DLC should include a map that has new forging possibilities, such as "Sandbox" did for us all in Halo 3. 343i, please give us new shaped objects, interactive objects, and Environmental Skins, (Skins that make sense being on the map they are on! AKA- Sandbox and Foundry). Also, skins that blend the objects together like Halo 3's forging system... Let me explain.

Anybody who was a great forger from Halo 3, knew how to interlock objects, geomerge (Push and save objects into the map geometry) and similar things. THOSE have been integrated into Forge now, which is nice. HOWEVER, the objects do not flow together anymore. Halo 3's Sandbox items fit with the map they came with. They also were all the same skin which made them help flow together. For instance, Double Blocks could be interlocked together and look like one large block. Now in forge, none of the items flow together like this. Also in Halo 3's forge, the scenery, or "structure" items appeared to have a soft surface so once interlocked they appeared to merge together very well. In Reach and Halo 4's Forge Systems the blocks have hard surfaces, so they do not interlock well.

Now, as for the new shaped objects I think EVERY forger would appreciate, there were some objects that were the same, such as blocks and what not, but we were also given objects such as "Fins" and "Obelisks" (Struts and Obelisks are not the same objects...)

All these Halo: Reach objects are nice to have on the default maps, but we dont need the same objects for every forge map, because then there is no point in having 3 different forge maps in place of a forge-world. The only change is the defaulty scenery/geometry, which isn't always used in forged maps. In my opinion, mid-sized enclosed maps, & floating maps, are the best. That is why the sky bubble was so great! Anyway, new objects open up a huge door of possibilities for forge. We all know its very possible to create a new set of objects per map, and would greatly appreciate it.

One more thing with new forge map DLCs would be a larger open terrain. In all honesty, we are incredibly restricted in making BTB maps. We need more room, not less room on more maps.

Last but not least, we do not need more "pre-fabricated" objects, such as towers and buildings. Some would be nice, but it feels as though forge is getting too lazy with these huge - already made objects. These large recognizable objects make maps too generic.

So, in conclusion, I think I speak for the entire forging community when I say, "Please give us a DLC map w/ new objects and skins!" (Perhaps concrete blocks instead of stone would be great) It will greatly improve forge for everyone and open new possibilities for new maps and creations!

343i Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion, and I

hope you will take some of these ideas into consideration.

Sincerely, Given To Fly

• Like 6

...snip...

:clapping: :clapping:

This post right here is exactly the kind of post that we need when we want something changed or added to the game. This is something that I, if I were a developer, would listen too. The only unfortunate thing is this is not the official site for 343 Industries or Halo. So, what you should do is take this exact post over to Waypoint and create a thread there, as 343 is more likely to see it. And then return to us, because we're the better forum, IMO.

Again, well done, we need more members like you joining the site, making well thought out threads with actual substance behind them and not just ranting.

• Like 1

This post right here is exactly the kind of post that we need when we want something changed or added to the game. This is something that I, if I were a developer, would listen too. The only unfortunate thing is this is not the official site for 343 Industries or Halo. So, what you should do is take this exact post over to Waypoint and create a thread there, as 343 is more likely to see it. And then return to us, because we're the better forum, IMO.

Again, well done, we need more members like you joining the site, making well thought out threads with actual substance behind them and not just ranting.

I am completely in agreement with you.

This is exactly what people need to do. Offer a suggestion, back it up with reasons... and most of all BE COURTEOUS. You did a great job with this post and i agree with you completely. Good job Mate :)

Good advice, just made the thread!

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155216_New-DLC-Forge-objects-and-skins.aspx