Starting to really hate this game....

JetEyeNight

The first week playing was awesome. My shots counted. Lag was nearly non-existent. People were using different weapons. I thought to myself, "there's no way I'm going to play Black Ops 2 over this!" Now I'm not so sure.

Now it's a lag lag lag lagfest. I can't kill someone nearly point blank with two shots from the Rocket Launcher only to have them hip fire kill me with a DMR in the perfect number of shots. WTF. I'm constantly killed from people hip firing the DMR. The DMR wins at nearly any distance against almost any gun. I'm TIRED OF IT!!! How can you kill me hip firing your DMR from all the way across the map when I'm sniping you? It needs a NERF... PERIOD... It's not "fine".

Also my reticle hardly ever turns red when it appears to be right on target.

When I'm in a battle with someone I'll be emptying clips into them only to die to them hip firing their DMR. I'll watch the kill cam and it shows I didn't even move or even shoot many shots at them? WTHIGO? (What The Hell Is Going On?) Are people lag switching or what? My internet is more than adequate. I can ping very low across the country. I live in Minneapolis, MN and I'm constantly connected with Miami, FL, Mexico, Canada, New York, California, etc.

I put hundreds of hours into Lan Halo:CE, played 15,000 + games of Halo 2 online, played hundreds of hours of Halo 3 and Reach. I know how to aim and I know how to kill people. This game is not working for me. It's broken.

There are a few points I want to pick out here. I am curios to why you mentioned Black Ops 2 as a game reference in this topic. Is it because you think it resembles it? (Please say no) or just because it is the next leading competitor?

Next, it seems very odd that your connection problems contradict others issues with this game in the very beginning. The first week of Halo 4 was wretched, Laggy, glitched out and unstable. Now, the game has fixed quite a few things and is really on the right track in my belief. Lag is going to exist no matter what you play. It is just a matter of when and how bad.

Hip Firing, this is a COD term that has never been put to use in the Halo world. Hip firing is virtually nonexistent, but I do know what you are actually talking about and I do agree the DMR is very powerful in short and long range..The deal here is you need to take advantage of these weapons and use them yourself. If you get killed by a DMR from a far range while you are sniping at the opponent who is shooting you then that is your own fault. Especially now that you don't lose your zoom when you are shot.

Another point I would like to mention for the millionth time is that the kill cam will NOT show exactly what happened when they killed you. The kill cam is based on the opponents connection who kill you and it will only look correct on their screen. Unless the two players are connected on the same internet or LAN then you will not see what you should be seeing. Summary, it is not accurate.

Lag Switching is a newer term so I am not sure how reliable your statements are, but the older Halo players would refer to this as Stand By. This is nonexistent as well in Halo 4 as you will lag out if your latency reaches too high for the game to work with.

• Like 1

Now if you want to talk about LAG try playing Counter Strike GO on xbox.. jesus...

LOL, YES!

Another thing I would like to add about the lag situation is; I play on WIFI while my brother is also playing his COD in the other room. I have absolutely no problem with lag unless it is just the Halo servers. Meh =]

The first week playing was awesome. My shots counted. Lag was nearly non-existent. People were using different weapons. I thought to myself, "there's no way I'm going to play Black Ops 2 over this!" Now I'm not so sure.

Now it's a lag lag lag lagfest. I can't kill someone nearly point blank with two shots from the Rocket Launcher only to have them hip fire kill me with a DMR in the perfect number of shots. WTF. I'm constantly killed from people hip firing the DMR. The DMR wins at nearly any distance against almost any gun. I'm TIRED OF IT!!! How can you kill me hip firing your DMR from all the way across the map when I'm sniping you? It needs a NERF... PERIOD... It's not "fine".

Also my reticle hardly ever turns red when it appears to be right on target.

When I'm in a battle with someone I'll be emptying clips into them only to die to them hip firing their DMR. I'll watch the kill cam and it shows I didn't even move or even shoot many shots at them? WTHIGO? (What The Hell Is Going On?) Are people lag switching or what? My internet is more than adequate. I can ping very low across the country. I live in Minneapolis, MN and I'm constantly connected with Miami, FL, Mexico, Canada, New York, California, etc.

I put hundreds of hours into Lan Halo:CE, played 15,000 + games of Halo 2 online, played hundreds of hours of Halo 3 and Reach. I know how to aim and I know how to kill people. This game is not working for me. It's broken.

I couldn't agree more with any of your statements. In all previous halos I've never had a problem with kill and or aiming, but in this I loose every gun battle and get killed cross-map with the dmr. It's frustrating me that they have done nothing to the dmr and its like the 4th week the game has been out. It makes me wanna **** on halo 4 and buy black ops 2.