Petition to bring back Infection gametype

PopDeer

Petition to bring back Infection  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should 343 bring back the Infection game type?

As you all know Flood has replaced the former Infection game type. Now don't get me wrong Flood is cool, however it is so strict when it comes to changing its rules via Custom Games. We lack the ability to change the weapons the Flood uses, what abilities they use, and how they look. All vital to the survival of our favorite Custom Games such as Teacher, Jenga, and Duck Hunt.

Please vote YES if you wish to play these awesome Custom Games again.

I don't think Infection has to be brought back as it's own gametype, but Flood could easily be tweaked so it could play just like it.

I thought that at first, but when i realised the extent of differences i srsly think they r too diffierent. My guess is that the reason flood cant hav weapons is it wont look right graphically, which is the main problem with flood. Off the top of my head, i can think of these differences too tho- no armor colour, alpha traits are lost upon death, no advanced spawn setting (sync with team), waypoint on last man cannot be disabled, claw lung is twice as long as sword lunge (longer range than even the shotgun!), red name not removable (ruins hide and seek style games).... I srsly think they should just throw in infection separately :/

I don't think tweaking the Flood customizations options will do. There may have to be a whole different gametype. You see, if there was an option to un-skin the Flood and make him a normal spartan, what weapon will he have? You couldn't change the weapon to anything other than the energy sword. I mean, I guess the option to change your weapon could only be customizable if the Flood skin is disabled. I just don't understand how the graphics could render properly. The graphic problem also happened when 343i tried putting the weapon lowering into matchmaking. I believe this also happened in Halo 2 as well.