Not playing H4 again until something is done about the bolt shot

rush0024

Game's great. Just force AR/pistol starts. Like I've Saud before :)

Saud? Haha Google what's up with your operating systems?

AR/pistol starts (and Br/Dmr in drops or on map) = no more edge map strafe-fests. Vehicles that live for more than 15 secs since everyone's plasma pistols gone. Less powerweapons around, since the long range carbines are amongst the drop weapons aswell. And finally a game more enjoyable for casuals and not MLG style players only.

All I can see is win. Do it now!

No, IMO Halo 4 does not feel like a Halo game to me. There are other ways to make the game more interesting and not so old that don't effect gameplay at all, Halo doesn't need perks or custom loadouts to allow it to evolve. Seriously, they could work on a trueskill system ( I had a great idea for that). They could also add even more customization into Halo 4 (Including HUD customization, more armor skins, different weapon models (example when there a match of slayer BR, you might choose to use the Halo 3 BR instead of the Halo 4 BR but it won't effect anything, both guns are exactly the same except the design.) Those are just a few examples of how to improve Halo and make not so repetitive without having the unbalancing issues. Seriously, Halo 4 has catered to the uncompetitive players and not so much the competitive players. Halo 4 doesn't even have challenging commendations or even Vidmaster Achievements which made Halo 3 so great.

What they need to do is have 2 major playlist sections. One called COMPETITIVE and the other CASUAL/SOCIAL. Social playlist have your progression system, infinity slayer, custom loadouts, sprint, AA and all your favorite unbalancing issues. the Competitive playlist should have your true skill ranking system, set loadouts, no spirnt, no AA, ect. In both the Casual and Competitive sections, they will have numerous gametypes (Slayer, KOTH, CTF, Oddball, Snipers, Doubles, ect.) This would cater to both casual and competitive players, which in the end would double the player count and make the game enjoyable for both competitive and casual gamers.

In my eyes, Halo 4 is a success, but a success in the wrong direction. It could have succeeded a lot better than what it has done. I will still continue to play and enjoy Halo 4 but it's just not the same anymore. The epic feelings are gone.

Well said my friend.

Give this game 1 year, don't change anything that I mentioned. Bring back Halo 2 on the 360. Don't change a thing except updated HD graphics. Halo 2 will have more players online playing than Halo 4. MLG would take it back in. It would blow up AGAIN and would prove why it was the best game in the Halo series. The core structure of that game is no longer present in Halo 4 and that is the big problem. Some people just don't get that.

That's how good Halo 2 was. Even though it doesn't exist anymore, just the thought of it coming back and playing with all my friends trying to level up excites me more than any game in Halo 4 was given me.

If Halo stayed true to its roots and didn't progress or add any new mechanics or features to the series, it would be safe to assume it would not get anywhere near the numbers you're thinking. People have grown tired of the same exact formula game after game. If Halo didn't add any new features or mechanics, didn't evolve, people would not care for it. It would be doing exactly what Call of Duty has been doing year after year, yet everyone bashes that series to no end for that alone. A game can stick to its roots and still add new mechanics and features yes, and I do believe Halo 4 has done just that. I for one would not buy another Halo game if the multiplayer stayed the exact same, or saw such small changes each release that it didn't warrant purchase. I for one do not want small changes over time. The Halo series has had plenty of time to evolve. It's either step up and change now, or let the series become just another stale, run-of-the-mill FPS series. Small, incremental changes just won't cut it in today's market, nor will staying nearly identical to its predecessors.

Yes there are features and mechanics that are present in Call of Duty, but these are also present in a lot of other shooters. Do you know why that is? It's because people love those features. It keeps them playing and coming back for more. It makes sense to take those things, apply them to Halo, and balance/tweak them to suit Halo's style. 343 Industries has also done this exceptionally well in my opinion. Yes people are able to create custom loadouts and tweak their player to suit different situations, but that adds more depth to the game. All of the customisation they've given us to alter our playstyle depending on how we play adds more depth to the game, I do not see how anyone can dispute this. Now you cannot simply think "We'll both spawn with this and this." Now there are so many possibilities, and you need to be on your toes. You need to be ready to choose whichever weapon or ability you think would best suit both the map you're on and the way every player is performing.

I can safely say that if Halo 2's multiplayer was offered on Xbox Live, you would not see the numbers you used to. I would even say they would not even be close to what they were when the game was up on XBL. Why is this? A lot of people have moved onto other games, grown up and now are far too busy to play like they once did, no longer have any interest in the series (for one reason or another), or find that there are far more games on the market that they would rather play.

For the most part I feel Halo 4 is very well balanced. The only gripes I have with said balance is that, I feel, the DMR needs to fire slower and/or possibly bloom a bit more when spamming, the Boltshot should have a reduced overcharge range (only range, not damage), and the Supressor should maybe receive a small (and I do mean small) damage boost.

totally agree

but also its sad that ONE GUN is ruining the whole game for you, if you stayed back and didnt rush right into the others teams faces maybe youd have less problems, please try that before you start ripping on halo 4

The first Halo wasn't about precision weapons, the Battle Rifle and Carbine ruined the entire game. You could play as the Arbiter and almost have infinite camo. There was no health bar, so that sucked. Killing the flood got too easy, the challenge they brought in the first game flew out the window. And they added multiplayer, way to ruin my LAN parties bungie. And dual wielding, that was like way overpowered, especially with needlers.

That's not a Halo game!!!

Do you play COD?

If Halo stayed true to its roots and didn't progress or add any new mechanics or features to the series, it would be safe to assume it would not get anywhere near the numbers you're thinking. People have grown tired of the same exact formula game after game. If Halo didn't add any new features or mechanics, didn't evolve, people would not care for it. It would be doing exactly what Call of Duty has been doing year after year, yet everyone bashes that series to no end for that alone. A game can stick to its roots and still add new mechanics and features yes, and I do believe Halo 4 has done just that. I for one would not buy another Halo game if the multiplayer stayed the exact same, or saw such small changes each release that it didn't warrant purchase. I for one do not want small changes over time. The Halo series has had plenty of time to evolve. It's either step up and change now, or let the series become just another stale, run-of-the-mill FPS series. Small, incremental changes just won't cut it in today's market, nor will staying nearly identical to its predecessors.

Yes there are features and mechanics that are present in Call of Duty, but these are also present in a lot of other shooters. Do you know why that is? It's because people love those features. It keeps them playing and coming back for more. It makes sense to take those things, apply them to Halo, and balance/tweak them to suit Halo's style. 343 Industries has also done this exceptionally well in my opinion. Yes people are able to create custom loadouts and tweak their player to suit different situations, but that adds more depth to the game. All of the customisation they've given us to alter our playstyle depending on how we play adds more depth to the game, I do not see how anyone can dispute this. Now you cannot simply think "We'll both spawn with this and this." Now there are so many possibilities, and you need to be on your toes. You need to be ready to choose whichever weapon or ability you think would best suit both the map you're on and the way every player is performing.

I can safely say that if Halo 2's multiplayer was offered on Xbox Live, you would not see the numbers you used to. I would even say they would not even be close to what they were when the game was up on XBL. Why is this? A lot of people have moved onto other games, grown up and now are far too busy to play like they once did, no longer have any interest in the series (for one reason or another), or find that there are far more games on the market that they would rather play.

For the most part I feel Halo 4 is very well balanced. The only gripes I have with said balance is that, I feel, the DMR needs to fire slower and/or possibly bloom a bit more when spamming, the Boltshot should have a reduced overcharge range (only range, not damage), and the Supressor should maybe receive a small (and I do mean small) damage boost.

Yes the game must evolve. It has cattered to players play styles. But, i dont think there should be a spam grenade playstyle. Infinite sprint was great for players who liked moving around. Dexterity is kind-of forced though, its like slight of hand from COD. About the boltshot, what if they made it like the Halo 3 mauler?

Oh my goodness..

Are you seriously that butthurt over 1 gun. I have maybe died twice from the thing. Maybe you just suck and cant kill anyone CQC?

Ah, the "you just suck" card. Being that butthurt about it is a little rediculous, but a 1-shot pistol with more range than the UNSC shotgun? There is no way that can be balanced.

Ah, the "you just suck" card. Being that butthurt about it is a little rediculous, but a 1-shot pistol with more range than the UNSC shotgun? There is no way that can be balanced.

I do better with the Shotty than i ever have with a Boltshot. If the Boltshot was consistent then it would be a problem. But its range an inconsistency makes it pretty balanced IMO.

1 Corinthians 13:"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."-King James Version Bible

Ok, for all of you Fan-boys that's getting mad over trivial things, read the Bible verse above(Even if your not Christian like me, it's a great thing to apply to your life). It's time to face the facts. Bungie is done. They wasted the givin potential of this franchise. They gave us a crap load of alternate games when YOU know, all we want to see is the Chief. I didn't even bother buying any of those games. 343 has enlighten us with putting aspects of most sold video game ever into Halo(COD BO2- sold 500 Million copies in the first 24 hours) With Balancing and tweaking, 343 succeeded in making this game have all these aspects in the game and still FEEL and PLAY like Halo.

Just face it. Time to grow up, time to evolve.

PS-If you want the old aspects in it as well, just ask 343 kindly if they can put a classic games playlist. A playlist with all the old game modes and all the old Bungie aspects in the game(like no sprint, no custom classes,etc)

• Like 1

1 Corinthians 13:"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."-King James Version Bible

Ok, for all of you Fan-boys that's getting mad over trivial things, read the Bible verse above(Even if your not Christian like me, it's a great thing to apply to your life). It's time to face the facts. Bungie is done. They wasted the givin potential of this franchise. They gave us a crap load of alternate games when YOU know, all we want to see is the Chief. I didn't even bother buying any of those games. 343 has enlighten us with putting aspects of most sold video game ever into Halo(COD BO2- sold 500 Million copies in the first 24 hours) With Balancing and tweaking, 343 succeeded in making this game have all these aspects in the game and still FEEL and PLAY like Halo.

Just face it. Time to grow up, time to evolve.

PS-If you want the old aspects in it as well, just ask 343 kindly if they can put a classic games playlist. A playlist with all the old game modes and all the old Bungie aspects in the game(like no sprint, no custom classes,etc)

please dont bring religion into a video game forum..... thats kind of wierd.
  • Like 2

You sir, are awesome.

Finally someone that agrees with me. Halo 4 boltshot is so overpowered beyond belief. The perks and stuff are all stupid too. Halo should have just stayed at it's roots with no join in progress and no custom loadouts. Everyone should start with the same things.

Seriously, they should just do a Halo 2 multiplayer remake and just keep that. I'd play it so much. 343i should separate Halo campaign and multiplayer into separate games, and half the costs of each.

Nope Halo CE remake should of happened in anniversary.I would welcome Halo 2 if they did it properly the original multiplayer horrible for competitive online and offline.I got tired of people glitching out of the map,standbying and daul weilding needler was more annoying than the boltshot ever will be...the halo 2 needler period.Lets not forget how n00btastic the auto-aim was.The bolt**** just needs the reload glitch taken out and more strict timing and it would be ok, i think.

A Halo 2 remake that includes a matchmaking would be quite impossible anyway. The engine and other things in Halo 2 are not compatible with the 360. Maybe a new Halo game could be created, going back to the roots of Halo 2. This would also mean duel wielding of needlers can be removed like it was in Halo 3.

How am I supposed to know if the guy around the corner has a boltshot? The only time I know is when I hear it, and before I hear it charging, it's too late and I would have jumped in to get that last shot on his head and then he just shoots me.

To think HALO2 online was so superior lol, and say it didnt change much from the original?

-BXB+BXR combo glitch

-Super bounce out of map glitch

-play as elite online

-dual wield

-introduction of precision rifles (carbine + BR)

-Clan matches (they got removed)

-New game modes, like assault

The maps played better than the game itself, thats why its so memorable. If you relaunched the online today with better graphics a lot of people would be happy, but it wouldnt seel anywhere like HALO4 has and is going to keep doing.

Just admit you dont like change lol

To think HALO2 online was so superior lol, and say it didnt change much from the original?

-BXB+BXR combo glitch

-Super bounce out of map glitch

-play as elite online

-dual wield

-introduction of precision rifles (carbine + BR)

-Clan matches (they got removed)

-New game modes, like assault

The maps played better than the game itself, thats why its so memorable. If you relaunched the online today with better graphics a lot of people would be happy, but it wouldnt seel anywhere like HALO4 has and is going to keep doing.

Just admit you dont like change lol

I do like change. Halo 2's change from Halo CE was good change. The change from Halo 3 or Reach to Halo 4 is bad change. That's why they should have 2 seperate playlist sections. Competitive which is stripped down and Casual which can have all their perks and stuff. This way, the game caters to everyone. You just have 1 playlist section only, and combine both Casual and Competitive inside. It doesn't work.

The changes from HALO Reach-HALO4 where very big, and brought back a lot of fans that turned against reach, me included. Reach was nothing more than Bungie not caring enough to keep the game alive, thats why they added custom maps to regular gameplay, because they didnt care about balanced maps with the contract being over.

If you play slayer pro you dont have to worry about loadouts and play competitively, just without objectives.

Slayer Pro has big problems that needs addressing. The problem is, everyone should start with the exact same weapons. They should have gametypes in Slayer Pro to vote for that is either BR only, DMR only, or standard AR, magnum and weapon pickups. But they put all 3 in one gametype which makes Slayer Pro less enjoyable. They also need to remove sprint from Slayer Pro.

I do like change. Halo 2's change from Halo CE was good change. The change from Halo 3 or Reach to Halo 4 is bad change. That's why they should have 2 seperate playlist sections. Competitive which is stripped down and Casual which can have all their perks and stuff. This way, the game caters to everyone. You just have 1 playlist section only, and combine both Casual and Competitive inside. It doesn't work.

Are you kidding me Halo CE to Halo 2 was a horrid change.Soo many glitches that were completely unbalanced.It is Halo:N00b edition in so many ways.Halo 2 ruined the franchise for a while.It was so popular because it brough Halo to the mainstream so it was alot of peoples first Halo game and it was the first Halo to have xbox live...again..if you thought the boltshot was bad.Halo 2 XBL was the definition of broken.