Not playing H4 again until something is done about the bolt shot

rush0024

It's sad that one gun is ruining this game. I'm this close to just getting COD, and once that happens there's really no turning back for me. This game could be soooo much better than it is. Why the Bolt Shot is as powerful as it is and is a starting weapon is beyond me. It has ruined the game for me at this point. There are two options that I see for 343. Either remove it from a secondary weapon, or make it less powerful with less range. And this needs to happen ASAP because I'm not going to wait around for months for this to get done.

But even when and if that is fixed, this game, which really should just be called Call of Halo, sill has a ton of flaws. And anyone that wants to sit here and argue with me that Halo has not copied off COD can GTFO.

In order for Halo to be Halo again, and to be a great game like H1, H2, and H3 was, this is what needs to happen...

- Fix Bolt Shot problem

- Implement a ranking system that is visible on the console not just on waypoint, while keeping the progression system in tact for unlocking stuff to keep the people who play the game non stop to feel good about themselves.

- Never let a game start uneven. No excuse for that.

- Implement a penalty for when people quit out of games

- Bring back clan matches

- Bring back Double Team (Blows my mind that this was not included at launch)

- Bring back a traditional FFA playlits

- Eliminate join in progress after a certain point early in the game, or get rid of it altogether

I usually only have 1 to 2 friends on playing at a time. So let me explain to you my experiences playing with my one friend the last few nights. We play infinity slayer, it starts the game three and one. After a minute, the other team gains 3 players and leaves us with three. I constantly get killed by bolt shots, even when I have a power weapon like a sword or a hammer, and when I do kill people it's usually only because I dodged it or he missed. The third teammate quits because there is no penalty and he doesn't give a crap. It then leaves us two on four for most of the game until someone else joins when the game is almost over and then instantly quits once he sees we are being dominated. THIS IS NOT FUN AND IS NOT THE MAKEUP OF A GREAT GAME. IF YOU WANT TO COPY OF WHAT COD DOES RIGHT THEN FINE BUT DONT COPY ALL THE DUMB CRAP THAT THEY DO WRONG.

Halo was built on being a competitive and fair game, meaning no person had any advantages over the other. Not the case anymore. People now have all these special perks just because they have more time to play the game. Halo should have stayed true to it's roots.

The actual gameplay minus the bolt shot is good and fun. But gameplay is not everything. The setup and structure means a lot to me, as well as other people that I know that play this game, and that is something Halo 2 mastered. Everything that Bungie did with Halo 2 was innovative. Why and how they just didn't build off what they had is beyond me.

If the bolt shot is fixed tomorrow then I will play the game again and have fun with it. But the game will not be special like Halo 2 was. When Halo 2 was out I would plan my day around playing it and so would all my friends. It was something I looked forward to every day for years. It was always fun and it was always a challenge to build your ranks. It was the most addicting game I've ever played. The ups and downs and frustration and excitement. Halo 4 does not touch that.

• Like 3

You sir, are awesome.

Finally someone that agrees with me. Halo 4 boltshot is so overpowered beyond belief. The perks and stuff are all stupid too. Halo should have just stayed at it's roots with no join in progress and no custom loadouts. Everyone should start with the same things.

Seriously, they should just do a Halo 2 multiplayer remake and just keep that. I'd play it so much. 343i should separate Halo campaign and multiplayer into separate games, and half the costs of each.

• Like 1

You sir, are awesome.

Finally someone that agrees with me. Halo 4 boltshot is so overpowered beyond belief. The perks and stuff are all stupid too. Halo should have just stayed at it's roots with no join in progress and no custom loadouts. Everyone should start with the same things.

Seriously, they should just do a Halo 2 multiplayer remake and just keep that. I'd play it so much. 343i should separate Halo campaign and multiplayer into separate games, and half the costs of each.

If Halo stayed true to its roots and didn't progress or add any new mechanics or features to the series, it would be safe to assume it would not get anywhere near the numbers you're thinking. People have grown tired of the same exact formula game after game. If Halo didn't add any new features or mechanics, didn't evolve, people would not care for it. It would be doing exactly what Call of Duty has been doing year after year, yet everyone bashes that series to no end for that alone. A game can stick to its roots and still add new mechanics and features yes, and I do believe Halo 4 has done just that. I for one would not buy another Halo game if the multiplayer stayed the exact same, or saw such small changes each release that it didn't warrant purchase. I for one do not want small changes over time. The Halo series has had plenty of time to evolve. It's either step up and change now, or let the series become just another stale, run-of-the-mill FPS series. Small, incremental changes just won't cut it in today's market, nor will staying nearly identical to its predecessors.

Yes there are features and mechanics that are present in Call of Duty, but these are also present in a lot of other shooters. Do you know why that is? It's because people love those features. It keeps them playing and coming back for more. It makes sense to take those things, apply them to Halo, and balance/tweak them to suit Halo's style. 343 Industries has also done this exceptionally well in my opinion. Yes people are able to create custom loadouts and tweak their player to suit different situations, but that adds more depth to the game. All of the customisation they've given us to alter our playstyle depending on how we play adds more depth to the game, I do not see how anyone can dispute this. Now you cannot simply think "We'll both spawn with this and this." Now there are so many possibilities, and you need to be on your toes. You need to be ready to choose whichever weapon or ability you think would best suit both the map you're on and the way every player is performing.

I can safely say that if Halo 2's multiplayer was offered on Xbox Live, you would not see the numbers you used to. I would even say they would not even be close to what they were when the game was up on XBL. Why is this? A lot of people have moved onto other games, grown up and now are far too busy to play like they once did, no longer have any interest in the series (for one reason or another), or find that there are far more games on the market that they would rather play.

For the most part I feel Halo 4 is very well balanced. The only gripes I have with said balance is that, I feel, the DMR needs to fire slower and/or possibly bloom a bit more when spamming, the Boltshot should have a reduced overcharge range (only range, not damage), and the Supressor should maybe receive a small (and I do mean small) damage boost.

• Like 4

Boltshot is a great weapon, it can not shoot far, maybe if you bumrush a little less you wont get shot in the face so often :)

It can shoot far -- for a secondary starting weapon 1 shot pistol. It's shoots way to far. The bolt shot could possibly be considered a great weapon if it was not a starting weapon. There are a ton of close quarters combat in Halo, especially when playing infinity slayer on the smaller maps. And four of the power weapons require you to get extremely close for the kill (Shotty, Scatter, Sword, Hammer). Well within range of the bolt shots 1 shot kill.

If Halo stayed true to its roots and didn't progress or add any new mechanics or features to the series, it would be safe to assume it would not get anywhere near the numbers you're thinking. People have grown tired of the same exact formula game after game. If Halo didn't add any new features or mechanics, didn't evolve, people would not care for it. It would be doing exactly what Call of Duty has been doing year after year, yet everyone bashes that series to no end for that alone. A game can stick to its roots and still add new mechanics and features yes, and I do believe Halo 4 has done just that. I for one would not buy another Halo game if the multiplayer stayed the exact same, or saw such small changes each release that it didn't warrant purchase. I for one do not want small changes over time. The Halo series has had plenty of time to evolve. It's either step up and change now, or let the series become just another stale, run-of-the-mill FPS series. Small, incremental changes just won't cut it in today's market, nor will staying nearly identical to its predecessors.

Yes there are features and mechanics that are present in Call of Duty, but these are also present in a lot of other shooters. Do you know why that is? It's because people love those features. It keeps them playing and coming back for more. It makes sense to take those things, apply them to Halo, and balance/tweak them to suit Halo's style. 343 Industries has also done this exceptionally well in my opinion. Yes people are able to create custom loadouts and tweak their player to suit different situations, but that adds more depth to the game. All of the customisation they've given us to alter our playstyle depending on how we play adds more depth to the game, I do not see how anyone can dispute this. Now you cannot simply think "We'll both spawn with this and this." Now there are so many possibilities, and you need to be on your toes. You need to be ready to choose whichever weapon or ability you think would best suit both the map you're on and the way every player is performing.

I can safely say that if Halo 2's multiplayer was offered on Xbox Live, you would not see the numbers you used to. I would even say they would not even be close to what they were when the game was up on XBL. Why is this? A lot of people have moved onto other games, grown up and now are far too busy to play like they once did, no longer have any interest in the series (for one reason or another), or find that there are far more games on the market that they would rather play.

For the most part I feel Halo 4 is very well balanced. The only gripes I have with said balance is that, I feel, the DMR needs to fire slower and/or possibly bloom a bit more when spamming, the Boltshot should have a reduced overcharge range (only range, not damage), and the Supressor should maybe receive a small (and I do mean small) damage boost.

Halo did not evolve into this, it was a transformation because of the success of Call of Duty. I'm not proposing that Halo remained the same after Halo 2, I'm saying they should of stayed true to it's core roots. It's not like they rolled out another Halo game after Halo 2 year after year and were all like Halo 2. No one got tired of anything. After Halo 3, they could of came up with creative features and ways to play while keeping certain structure's in place that made Halo 2 so successful and great. You can have all the different load outs and new weapons and certain abilities, that's all fine and dandy and keeps the game fresh. But Halo needs to be fair and competitive. It is neither. Every person should have access to all the weapons and load outs and abilities from day one. Also the game is not competitive because there is no ranking system. A ranking system does four things

1. Gives players a challenge that makes every single game more meaningful and important.

2. Prevents players from quitting because a true ranking system will penalize players who quit and they will not want to lose their ranks for not finishing the game.

3. Encourages players to form teams and to use team work, especially to achieve a high rank.

4. Pairs players up against other players of similar skill, so players who have played the game for a few hours don't have to play against players who have played the game for 5 days.

You believe Halo 4 has stuck to it's roots? Are you serious? The only thing Halo 4 has done is copy of COD to try to compete with it, and that is a fact.

• Like 1

You believe Halo 4 has stuck to it's roots? Are you serious? The only thing Halo 4 has done is copy of COD to try to compete with it, and that is a fact.

I'll ignore the first part of your post because, to me, a game is as competitive as the players make it. A ranking system could aid in making players more competitive, but if they want to play competitively, they shouldn't need a ranking system to do so. That's my opinion, you're free to disagree with it. That's fine. I really have no interest in a ranking system, as even though I always try to go positive and win, I don't let it get in the way of me simply enjoying the game.

Yes, I believe Halo 4 stuck to the very core of how Halo feels and plays. I have played both Call of Duty and Halo 4. Yes Halo 4 and COD share some similar mechanics and features, but people seem to forget the other things that really have an impact on how a game plays and feels. However the way the games play and how they feel are vastly different. The physics still feel like that of a Halo game. When I fire a weapon, throw a grenade, jump, or just move, it all still feels just like what I would expect from a Halo game. I can go and disable the loadouts, the tactical packages and support upgrades, and the ordinance, and it all feels just like the Halo of old to me. I'm perfectly capable of recognising that Halo feel with all of these features enabled as well.

• Like 5

No, IMO Halo 4 does not feel like a Halo game to me. There are other ways to make the game more interesting and not so old that don't effect gameplay at all, Halo doesn't need perks or custom loadouts to allow it to evolve. Seriously, they could work on a trueskill system ( I had a great idea for that). They could also add even more customization into Halo 4 (Including HUD customization, more armor skins, different weapon models (example when there a match of slayer BR, you might choose to use the Halo 3 BR instead of the Halo 4 BR but it won't effect anything, both guns are exactly the same except the design.) Those are just a few examples of how to improve Halo and make not so repetitive without having the unbalancing issues. Seriously, Halo 4 has catered to the uncompetitive players and not so much the competitive players. Halo 4 doesn't even have challenging commendations or even Vidmaster Achievements which made Halo 3 so great.

What they need to do is have 2 major playlist sections. One called COMPETITIVE and the other CASUAL/SOCIAL. Social playlist have your progression system, infinity slayer, custom loadouts, sprint, AA and all your favorite unbalancing issues. the Competitive playlist should have your true skill ranking system, set loadouts, no spirnt, no AA, ect. In both the Casual and Competitive sections, they will have numerous gametypes (Slayer, KOTH, CTF, Oddball, Snipers, Doubles, ect.) This would cater to both casual and competitive players, which in the end would double the player count and make the game enjoyable for both competitive and casual gamers.

In my eyes, Halo 4 is a success, but a success in the wrong direction. It could have succeeded a lot better than what it has done. I will still continue to play and enjoy Halo 4 but it's just not the same anymore. The epic feelings are gone.

• Like 1

Halo is different than COD. End of (tired, dead, worthless) debate.

A good few weapons need to be updated. The Needler can use fewer spikes to achieve supercombine explosion, but the Assault Rifle still feels like the SMG from Halo 2? That's a touch odd for me. The Incinerator Cannon requires more careful aiming than the Rocket Launcher does, from my experience. Why do we need so much emphasis on aiming with a heavy projectile launcher *on ground forces*?

I think Flood Mode could do with a Pro version, without motion sensors, and FFA colors for unaffected players. I hope we get Griffball next week, if it isn't Extraction.

Halo is different than COD. End of (tired, dead, worthless) debate.

A good few weapons need to be updated. The Needler can use fewer spikes to achieve supercombine explosion, but the Assault Rifle still feels like the SMG from Halo 2? That's a touch odd for me. The Incinerator Cannon requires more careful aiming than the Rocket Launcher does, from my experience. Why do we need so much emphasis on aiming with a heavy projectile launcher *on ground forces*?

I think Flood Mode could do with a Pro version, without motion sensors, and FFA colors for unaffected players. I hope we get Griffball next week, if it isn't Extraction.

No, this is not the end of tired, dead, worthless debate. If you really think this debate is worthless then you should leave now. Obviously, Halo is different from CoD, but there are aspects of CoD that are in Halo 4, which makes the game not very enjoyable for me. You can't just come in here and end a debate which, obviously has nothing to do with you and you weren't even part of this conversation.

No, IMO Halo 4 does not feel like a Halo game to me. There are other ways to make the game more interesting and not so old that don't effect gameplay at all, Halo doesn't need perks or custom loadouts to allow it to evolve. Seriously, they could work on a trueskill system ( I had a great idea for that). They could also add even more customization into Halo 4 (Including HUD customization, more armor skins, different weapon models (example when there a match of slayer BR, you might choose to use the Halo 3 BR instead of the Halo 4 BR but it won't effect anything, both guns are exactly the same except the design.) Those are just a few examples of how to improve Halo and make not so repetitive without having the unbalancing issues. Seriously, Halo 4 has catered to the uncompetitive players and not so much the competitive players. Halo 4 doesn't even have challenging commendations or even Vidmaster Achievements which made Halo 3 so great.

What they need to do is have 2 major playlist sections. One called COMPETITIVE and the other CASUAL/SOCIAL. Social playlist have your progression system, infinity slayer, custom loadouts, sprint, AA and all your favorite unbalancing issues. the Competitive playlist should have your true skill ranking system, set loadouts, no spirnt, no AA, ect. In both the Casual and Competitive sections, they will have numerous gametypes (Slayer, KOTH, CTF, Oddball, Snipers, Doubles, ect.) This would cater to both casual and competitive players, which in the end would double the player count and make the game enjoyable for both competitive and casual gamers.

In my eyes, Halo 4 is a success, but a success in the wrong direction. It could have succeeded a lot better than what it has done. I will still continue to play and enjoy Halo 4 but it's just not the same anymore. The epic feelings are gone.

"There are other ways to make the game more interesting and not so old that don't effect gameplay at all, Halo doesn't need perks or custom loadouts to allow it to evolve."

What would those ways be? I see people saying time and time again that they "don't mind change so long as it's good change" or that there are other ways to change it or add onto it that don't mimic other shooters or affect gameplay. None ever give any examples, so what ways do you think would make it more interesting? The gameplay needs to be changed. I do not want to keep playing with the exact same mechanics, exact same features, and never have anything altered or added. That makes the series dull and far less enjoyable. When I buy a new game, I want a new experience. I want gameplay to be tweaked, expanded upon, or otherwise altered to make it stand out from the other games in the series. I don't want to relive the same exact kinds of experiences I have in the past. Simple aesthetic changes will not keep most players interested and coming back for more, no matter how much you may believe otherwise. The reason others come back to games like COD, Battlefield, etc. is because of all of the unlocks, all of the depth they've added to the multiplayer in the form of customisation. This customisation is not cosmetic, but allows you to play based on your preferred playstyle, and the tactics of your opponents. Unlocking these things, and just having so much to help you play just how you want to is far more addictive for a lot of people.

You have to change up the gameplay to keep things fresh, fun, interesting for the majority of the playerbase. You say that would keep the game from being repetitive, but that's far from the truth. No matter the cosmetic changes, if it plays the same, it will become repetitive. That is why developers alter how a game plays, why they add new features and mechanics, and why they bother creating a new game in the first place. They want to flex their creative muscles and give the players something to play with that they haven't before.

Also: Sprint is now a standard feature just like zooming, melee, and jumping. People need to understand and accept this!

"Halo 4 has catered to the uncompetitive players and not so much the competitive players."

Of course they have! The competitive and MLG crowds are but a minority of the overall playerbase and catering to them over the majority (the casual crowd as you'd call it), would be foolish. Not only would that result in possibly less profit, but you would risk alienating and losing a majority of your fans. If you want to play competitively you should do it in every match you play. No one is stopping you from playing competitively, even when there is no visible ranking system. MLG happened to really enjoy the game, and once they've finally finished setting up the MLG gametypes and rules for Halo 4, I'm sure you can frequent that section for all of your competitive needs if you don't want to do so in regular playlists.

• Like 3

There is no point in playing every match competitively, if there is is no reward for winning, and a price to pay for losing. It doesn't matter. I can quit a game, betray my team, play sloppy and I won't care in Halo 4 because there is no punishment for this. So if something doesn't matter, I have no reason to play competitive.

The gameplay can be changed without making gameplay unbalanced. Some of these things could be entirely new vehicles without replacing old ones. In Halo 4, they added the mantis which is awesome, but in doing so removed any UNSC flying vehicle. The gameplay shouldn't be different for every Halo game. Halo is Halo because of the way it plays, feels, ect. Changing these feelings, and ways that the game plays alters the game, making it no longer a Halo game. Well, technically it's a Halo game because of the name, company ect but the feel of the game is not right. I would never get bored if 343i kept releasing a Halo 2 remake every 2.5 - 3 years with a new campaign. As long as they add new commendations, harder achievements, harder challenges to complete which rewards players with rare armor. This would be fun. Even if the gameplay stays the same. Halo's multiplayer has been based specifically on the golden triangle which is Weapon, Melee and Grenades. Now, in Halo 4, we now have a golden 6 5 sided shape, consisting of Weapon, Melee, grenade, Perk and Armor Abilitiy.

My idea, of splitting playlists into Casual and Competitive would make sure that people can have what they want and be able to play both at the same time. There is not ONE playlist in Halo 4 that is actually sticking to roots of Halo. Team Slayer Pro is the closest thing, but 343i messed it up with sprint and having a DMR and AR as choices for the set loadouts. It should either be BR only or DMR only. Maybe allowing players when the voting screen appears to vote for a map with gametypes BR Slayer or DMR slayer would fix this problem.

To leave completely due to one weapon is overkill... pun intended.

Sure the game does have its issues, but remember this is a new studio, it WILL learn from Halo 4, HALO 5 will be epic, it will fix majority (not all) of the issues people have because 343icf actually listens to the community, unlike many modern developers these days.

so just hold in for a little while and TRY to enjoy Halo 4 like the rest of us, it WILL get better :)

• Like 1

so your saying that by taking out a system that customises to a gamers playstyle, specific weaponry abilities and some minor perks, and putting in a cosmetic system, that will change your gun to look like an older modeled weapon from a younger game, even more armor skins, even more hud custom options, so its a blissfest of cosmetic changes, it will bring MORE palyers than a system dedicated to change to comfort your playstyle?

They removed lots of wasteful gametypes that so few and inbetween enjoyed however always can add anything in a DLC if enough fans want it, such as assault. They returned to the core of what makes HALO in campaign and multiplayer. If the game never changed with time, it would never live on, ever heard of Duke Nukem? There is lots of customizable options and if loadouts really upset you try playing slayer pro for a while i guess, however HALO is no where near COD lol, it feels like HALO to the core of the gameplay.

It can shoot far -- for a secondary starting weapon 1 shot pistol. It's shoots way to far. The bolt shot could possibly be considered a great weapon if it was not a starting weapon. There are a ton of close quarters combat in Halo, especially when playing infinity slayer on the smaller maps. And four of the power weapons require you to get extremely close for the kill (Shotty, Scatter, Sword, Hammer). Well within range of the bolt shots 1 shot kill.

It is not going to kill you from medium range, and this weapon is no more powerful then someone shooting you with a plasma charge from a distance and shooting you dead instantly, or charging the plasma pistol and stopping your vehicle to blow you up. The gun has a charge time on it, if it doesnt charge up full it will not fire, if its not charged the damage it dishes out isnt very powerful. Its actually very easy to avoid, maybe your just having a hard time adjusting, but its no much more different than the mauler was.

so your saying that by taking out a system that customises to a gamers playstyle, specific weaponry abilities and some minor perks, and putting in a cosmetic system, that will change your gun to look like an older modeled weapon from a younger game, even more armor skins, even more hud custom options, so its a blissfest of cosmetic changes, it will bring MORE palyers than a system dedicated to change to comfort your playstyle?

They removed lots of wasteful gametypes that so few and inbetween enjoyed however always can add anything in a DLC if enough fans want it, such as assault. They returned to the core of what makes HALO in campaign and multiplayer. If the game never changed with time, it would never live on, ever heard of Duke Nukem? There is lots of customizable options and if loadouts really upset you try playing slayer pro for a while i guess, however HALO is no where near COD lol, it feels like HALO to the core of the gameplay.

Yes, I believe it would. As these cosmetic customizations will take a challenge to unlock and be able to use. At least my way, teams don't start off with different weapons and all there little perks. Halo's multiplayer was all about balance. Everyone started with the same weapons, same amount of grenades, same amount of team mates, same amount of ammunition. The only difference was which players are better than the other. Now, Halo 4 is a game of whoever plays the game more than others, can have access to perks, better weapons, better perks, ect. This is not was Halo was meant to be. As I said before, having a split playlist of Casual and Competitive would bring so many more players. People who want competitive play will be given access to gametypes that have no sprint, no loadouts, no AA and a trueskill system. Then, those who just feel like they want to chill out and nothing matters, have access to custom loadouts, AA, sprint, progressive rank system, join in progress ect. I can't seem to understand why you continue to debate that Halo 4 system is the best when others clearly think otherwise. It's like that mexican taco add on TV. Hard or Soft tacos? Why can't we have both?

EDIT: Here.

Changing these feelings, and ways that the game plays alters the game, making it no longer a Halo game. Well, technically it's a Halo game because of the name, company ect but the feel of the game is not right. I would never get bored if 343i kept releasing a Halo 2 remake every 2.5 - 3 years with a new campaign. As long as they add new commendations, harder achievements, harder challenges to complete which rewards players with rare armor.

Halo 2 wasn't a Halo game, it changed too much, and altered gameplay.
  • Like 1

Halo 2 wasn't a Halo game, it changed too much, and altered gameplay.

lulwut?

Halo 2 barely changed. Everything was the same as Halo 1 except for the graphics and they added new maps and precision weapons. Precision weapons were pretty much Halo 1 pistols but in a more realistic way.

EDIT: Alright, here's a way to add change and allow players to have their own play styles without making the game unbalanced. Make weapons themselves customizable. Not with fancy lasers, red-dot or thermal scopes. I mean like you can have an option to have: Your DMR is a 5 shot kill. Takes 4 shots to break shields, and 1 last bullet in the head to kill. Or you can change it to have 5 shot to break the shield, but the 5th shot bleeds through to the head. This would mean players can play support roles or attacking roles. You could also allow your DMR to become a 4 shot kill, but in doing so, the Rate of Fire is decreased. Technically, this is balanced because: Enemy DMR is 5 shot. Your DMR is 4 shot. the 4 shot DMR would be less effective at long range due to slow ROF. The 5 shot is better at long range because of the high ROF, so your zoom on the 4 shot DMR is knocked out quicker or your gun recoils from getting shot from the higher ROF DMR. The 4 shot is better at close range as you would only need to deal 2 shots instead of 3 to the enemy and then melee to get the kill. This could work for most weapons. These features to change the ROF and damage can be used by everyone from day 1. Thats one way for weapon customization that wont unbalance gameplay. As I said earlier, I can't stress this enough though, 343i needs to implement a casual playlists with all their fancy perks and a competitive playlist with classic halo settings.

lulwut?

Halo 2 barely changed. Everything was the same as Halo 1 except for the graphics and they added new maps and precision weapons. Precision weapons were pretty much Halo 1 pistols but in a more realistic way.

Yes but no. A HUGE amount was changed, one example, boarding vehicles. But him saying its not a Halo game is just silly

lulwut?

The first Halo wasn't about precision weapons, the Battle Rifle and Carbine ruined the entire game. You could play as the Arbiter and almost have infinite camo. There was no health bar, so that sucked. Killing the flood got too easy, the challenge they brought in the first game flew out the window. And they added multiplayer, way to ruin my LAN parties bungie. And dual wielding, that was like way overpowered, especially with needlers.

That's not a Halo game!!!

• Like 1

The first Halo wasn't about precision weapons, the Battle Rifle and Carbine ruined the entire game. You could play as the Arbiter and almost have infinite camo. There was no health bar, so that sucked. Killing the flood got too easy, the challenge they brought in the first game flew out the window. And they added multiplayer, way to ruin my LAN parties bungie. And dual wielding, that was like way overpowered, especially with needlers.

That's not a Halo game!!!

Dude....just leave.

BR and Carbine didn't ruin the game. They were adding a more variety of weapons. The health bar system was horrible, as if you had just been in a 1v1 battle and lost all your health, there was no way to survive another fighter unless you found a health pack.

Seriously dude, online play ruined your LAN parties? Just....I am baffled.....

Dude....just leave.

BR and Carbine didn't ruin the game. They were adding a more variety of weapons. The health bar system was horrible, as if you had just been in a 1v1 battle and lost all your health, there was no way to survive another fighter unless you found a health pack.

Seriously dude, online play ruined your LAN parties? Just....I am baffled.....

:lol:

I was helping you see another viewpoint, which I have succeeded at. Now apply your current views of these things are ridiculous to some of us who see your points on Halo 4.

• Like 1

"Halo 4 has catered to the uncompetitive players and not so much the competitive players."

Of course they have! The competitive and MLG crowds are but a minority of the overall playerbase and catering to them over the majority (the casual crowd as you'd call it), would be foolish. Not only would that result in possibly less profit, but you would risk alienating and losing a majority of your fans. If you want to play competitively you should do it in every match you play. No one is stopping you from playing competitively, even when there is no visible ranking system. MLG happened to really enjoy the game, and once they've finally finished setting up the MLG gametypes and rules for Halo 4, I'm sure you can frequent that section for all of your competitive needs if you don't want to do so in regular playlists.

I don't agree with this part.. make the game less enjoyable so it can draw in more crowds, and have newcomers come in to play Halo? Just because you need to make the game new-player friendly, doesn't mean you should forget about the people who have played since day one. They had plenty of time to make the game, they had plenty of time to make actual ranking systems instead of numbers that mean nothing except "I played this game a lot." They had plenty of time to balance things like the boltshot and DMR, instead of saying "eh, close enough." My only thing is, just because you cater to a majority, doesn't mean forget about the minority, or barely do anything for them.

As for the boltshot, I agree, it is overpowered. I use it myself all the time, and I hate using it or having it used against me because it's too cheap lol. But no one cares that you're going to stop playing, really. I haven't picked up Halo 4 since a day or two after I hit 70 about a week ago... it's just pretty boring imo. But I didn't make a topic complaining, I just stopped playing. I do hope however that updates can eventually make the game more enjoyable.

• Like 1

All I hear is:

F**** 343i for adding a pistol to the game I'm not going to ever play this dumb game again because its changed to much from a real halo even if Halo Reach screwed up, ima go back to worshiping Bungie even if they betrayed the community

lol get real y'all will play or halo right after posting how much you hate it :)

• Like 1