2 more maps (both on Impact)

Lucius Aelius

Okay, so these two maps are two attempts at building the same thing (i.e. a space station), the first attempt having fallen short of my initial vision. Both maps are symmetrical.

I named the failed attempt Derelict and decided to finish it enough to be played in slayer (no objectives), compensating for the map's inadequacies by giving the whole thing a trait zone enabling double jump and half gravity (and quarter fall damage), removing the glass from all over to allow for the outside of the station to become part of the playable area of the map, and threw down a whole bunch of heavy weapons (none of which was intended at first).

My second attempt is named Observatory and definitely lived up to my vision (albeit barely, 9,970 spent and I already hit the unwritten limit on total objects, and I had to go back repeatedly swapping decorative pieces for less expensive substitutes, not to mention delete a whole bunch of spawn points). The map is enabled for 4-16 players (Red, Blue, Gold and Green teams) on Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Free for All, Flood, and Oddball.

It has multiple levels in the middle with a pair of heavy weapons (Railguns, Scattershots and Concussion Rifles, in that order from top to bottom) on each of the lower 3 levels (4 total). The docking ring of the station connects to the 2nd level of the mid-section (2 levels above, 1 below). Sections are colored by quadrant to assist in navigation (internal walls are colored specifically to indicate which path leads to which quadrant, outer walls are colored accordingly with the color of the quadrant in which they reside).

I've had a change of heart regarding the excessive ammo I had initially given to all the heavy weapons on Observatory (it gives too much power to the center of the map), so I moved the scattershots out to the docking ring and cut down all the ammo to 2 extra clips (down from 5). It wasn't sitting right with me, as usual I rushed through setting up weapons and didn't give enough thought to how it would play. I'm uploading the replacement file to my fileshare now.