Master Chief's Face

Goldfish Lord

Master Chief's Face  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should Master Chief's face be shown in future games?

Personally, I really don't think Master Chief's face should ever be shown. It's too late for that, but luckily, we've only had a brief glimpse of him.

There are plenty of reasons why his face should remain hidden, only a few of which I'll state here:

-Precedent. Bungie never showed his face. 343 didn't have the right to do that, especially in their first Halo game. He's always been masked by his MJOLNIR armor.

-If Master Chief removes his helmet, then it's a sign that he's getting close to retirement. I'm already scared that's what 343 was getting at when they threw that in as the legendary ending.

-Master Chief will not look pretty. He's not terribly young, and he spends too much time in his armor. To accurately portray him, he'd have wrinkles, pasty white skin, and bags under his eyes.

-People regard Master Chief as something above human. To give him a face would be to bring him down to our level.