BLOODCRAZE117

Elites were taken out I'm guess for two reasons, one because of the problem with the necks eating bullets and not receiving damage and because they're not the main enemy in the game. Yeah you fight them but, the main enemy is the Prometheans.

The neck thing was not a problem, if you were good at Halo you could kill them in matchmaking no problem. Also, the elites weren't the main enemy in Halo 2 or Halo 3. The Brutes were.

There was ABSOLUTELY no reason to take them out other than them being extra things to deal with. Elites added VARIETY to matchmaking, I loved being one and I loved seeing an elite in the battlefield as well. It just added an amazing feeling to the game by letting you be an alien or a human in multiplayer. I'm hoping they will bring it back in Halo 5. :'[

It was known for ages that elites were not going to be a part of matchmaking. Literally months and months and months have gone by, with all kinds of threads popping up asking the same exact thing you're asking. But the game is out, and there are no elites, and there are not going to be elites. There are a few reasons for this.

1. Halo 2 had Elites because they modeled a character that we actually got to play in the campaign, so why not use that model in MM as well?
  2. Halo 3 had the same reason as Halo 2.
  3. Reach had the Elite models because 2 & 3 did, but notice that they started to limit the use of elites in MM games to Invasion, and specific Elite Slayer matches.
  4. Halo 4's MM takes place on the Infinity, the largest ship in the UNSC fleet. War Games is simple a simulation of a battle, not an actual battle, to train Spartan IV's. There are no covies on the Infinity, so it doesn't make sense to have them in MM.

I could continue this list, but I've decided not to.

It was known for ages that elites were not going to be a part of matchmaking. Literally months and months and months have gone by, with all kinds of threads popping up asking the same exact thing you're asking. But the game is out, and there are no elites, and there are not going to be elites. There are a few reasons for this.

1. Halo 2 had Elites because they modeled a character that we actually got to play in the campaign, so why not use that model in MM as well?

2. Halo 3 had the same reason as Halo 2.

3. Reach had the Elite models because 2 & 3 did, but notice that they started to limit the use of elites in MM games to Invasion, and specific Elite Slayer matches.

4. Halo 4's MM takes place on the Infinity, the largest ship in the UNSC fleet. War Games is simple a simulation of a battle, not an actual battle, to train Spartan IV's. There are no covies on the Infinity, so it doesn't make sense to have them in MM.

I could continue this list, but I've decided not to.

Oh, so it make complete sense to have flood on there?

• Like 1

Maybe if they incorporated the Arbiter and his Elites into the game they could of trained on board the infinity. As much as I want to play as an Elite they are trying to make the MM canon and without the Elite allies coming back theirs no way of bringing them back. Massive kick in the balls but maybe they'll be back through DLC or maybe we'll have to wait until Halo 5.

Well if they'll throw in Flood (and make the gametype completely awful and not worth being there in the first place), I think they should throw in Elites. It's all a simulation, it could be explained that they aren't actually Elites, but mere parts of the simulation themselves. My thoughts at least.

The neck thing was not a problem, if you were good at Halo you could kill them in matchmaking no problem. Also, the elites weren't the main enemy in Halo 2 or Halo 3. The Brutes were.

Elites were definitely the main enemy for a big chunk of Halo 2

Well if they'll throw in Flood (and make the gametype completely awful and not worth being there in the first place), I think they should throw in Elites. It's all a simulation, it could be explained that they aren't actually Elites, but mere parts of the simulation themselves. My thoughts at least.

Yes and no. I understand where you're going with this, but at the same time, an Elite and a Spartan are not the same size, an elite is larger, they fight differently, they use different tactics, different muscles, etc. So why would you want to train a spartan, even in simulation, to act like an elite? No, you'd want your Spartan to be comfortable in his own armor, using tactics developed with his team, in order to achieve success, which is why Spartans are fighting Spartans. Sure, it's not "real" to think that they are going to be fighting other Spartans in actual combat, but why do people train, if not to gain new tactics and develop plans.

THANK GOD THEIR GONE. I hated those ********. I play 20 hrs of halo ce campaign to train and hate these jebirish speaking, grenade dodging dicks. Then threw some great vision (or lack there of) bungie tells me I'm gonna team up with these dirty aliens, For a series of linear cookie cutter games. Big middle finger to Bungie. I'm glad 343 have done what they've done this is best hallo since the first. The epic multiplayer of H2 helped bring us were we are today not those terrible campaigns of elites. Keep em on the other side I'm a Spartan thats what I came for.

Prometheans cant be placed in gameplay because it wouldnt make much sense. Elites were introduced since their height and sheilds were very close to the spartans. Promethean knights would be extremely over powered since they can teleport. But even if they removed that. Then the knights are at a high disadvantage due to their size. They would become walking targets. It be like introducing hunters, the size is unmatched. Of course it be interesting to play as a hunter but the closest resemblance game type would be similar to L4D or Beastmode in gears of war. Maybe an invasion style game type where several spartans defend the infinity while the covenant/flood/prometheans try to infiltrate. Two teams one offensive the other defensive. It be pretty intriguing to see it work if possible. Next the Elites should be re introduced along with maybe firefight and invasion. Just my thoughts on subject

No. They are not necessary.

Being a Promethean however.. I might enjoy.

Promethians are not necessary either... Nice contradiction... It's also not necessary to be a spartan since spartans are not supposed to be killing eachother. I don't see why either of the two can't be in the game. I enjoyed being an elite because I knew that I was an actual enemy of the spartans.